Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Tebow Masturbation

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Tebow Masturbation

Is he allowed to or is that a sin? What about a handjob? If he has a wet dream, will he miss practice and whip his back with a cat-o-nine-tails until he's injured?

I'm not Jesusarian, so I don't know.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If fapping to our two beautiful qb's is wrong, I don't want to be right

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Is he allowed to or is that a sin? What about a handjob? If he has a wet dream, will he miss practice and whip his back with a cat-o-nine-tails until he's injured?

SAR I
    Another juvenile post from someone who just craves attention.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    If you are ACTUALLY looking for an answer:
    Early classical views of the story of the Sin of Onan were used to describe the context of the story found in the book of Genesis (chapter 38) to be that of the 'spilling of seed' as a sinful act. In many circles of the Jewish faith, it is believed this was the first example of the death penalty.

Clement was one of the first Christian apologists to set forth the idea that the 'spilling of seed,' which led to the teaching of sex only for the purpose of procreation.

The story itself centers on the command by God for Onan to have sexual intercourse with Tamar, who was the wife of his dead brother Er. The father commanded Onan to fulfill the duties expected of him as a brother-in-law to by giving Tamar offspring. This was then, in Moses day turned into a law (found in Leviticus I believe) that brothers would provide offspring in the case of a dead brother to insure the family line would carry on.

However, Onan disobeyed this command, and during the act of intercourse, withdrew and 'spilled his seed' upon the ground. He was later struck down for his act.

As stated, early apologists found this as this example of 'coitus interruptus' as an example of anything to be sinful except for acts of sex for the purpose of procreation (this of course, including masturbation).

Later critics state that this is NOT why Onan was in fact struck down, for it clearly states that Onan was struck down, not for spilling his seed, but for disobeying a direct order from God to carry on the family line.

While you might get argument that a handjob is an act of sexual intimacy (which it is), it should not be classified as intercourse before marriage (which could be a whole other argument, but for lack of time).

A wet-dream is a spontaneous act of ejaculation due to excess sperm build up, so this would not be a sin either. And nor is the act of mutilation acceptable, this was more something believed by specific Xian sects in regards to self-punishment in order to be worthy of Christ's love.

Hope that helps.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    If you are ACTUALLY looking for an answer:
    Early classical views of the story of the Sin of Onan were used to describe the context of the story found in the book of Genesis (chapter 38) to be that of the 'spilling of seed' as a sinful act. In many circles of the Jewish faith, it is believed this was the first example of the death penalty.

Clement was one of the first Christian apologists to set forth the idea that the 'spilling of seed,' which led to the teaching of sex only for the purpose of procreation.

The story itself centers on the command by God for Onan to have sexual intercourse with Tamar, who was the wife of his dead brother Er. The father commanded Onan to fulfill the duties expected of him as a brother-in-law to by giving Tamar offspring. This was then, in Moses day turned into a law (found in Leviticus I believe) that brothers would provide offspring in the case of a dead brother to insure the family line would carry on.

However, Onan disobeyed this command, and during the act of intercourse, withdrew and 'spilled his seed' upon the ground. He was later struck down for his act.

As stated, early apologists found this as this example of 'coitus interruptus' as an example of anything to be sinful except for acts of sex for the purpose of procreation (this of course, including masturbation).

Later critics state that this is NOT why Onan was in fact struck down, for it clearly states that Onan was struck down, not for spilling his seed, but for disobeying a direct order from God to carry on the family line.

While you might get argument that a handjob is an act of sexual intimacy (which it is), it should not be classified as intercourse before marriage (which could be a whole other argument, but for lack of time).

A wet-dream is a spontaneous act of ejaculation due to excess sperm build up, so this would not be a sin either. And nor is the act of mutilation acceptable, this was more something believed by specific Xian sects in regards to self-punishment in order to be worthy of Christ's love.

Hope that helps.
    No, that doesn't help.

In the modern day interpretation of whatever sect of Christianity Tim Tebow subscribes to, is masturbation a sin? Handjob?

Thanks.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Another juvenile post from someone who just craves attention.
    Seeing most of his posts are nauseating. But I guess he thinks he is cool.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, that doesn't help.

In the modern day interpretation of whatever sect of Christianity Tim Tebow subscribes to, is masturbation a sin? Handjob?

Thanks.

SAR I
    You would have to speak with them, but I would imagine they would consider it a sin, even though you would be hard pressed to find a reliable scholar to agree otherwise.