Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: TeaParty and Romney.

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814

    TeaParty and Romney.

    LOL, Teaparty and ROMNEY. Politics as usual.



    After a protracted battle against Mitt Romney, one national tea party group is waving the white flag.
    The Washington Times reports that FreedomWorks, a Washington-based group that has organized some of the largest tea party rallies in the country and has opposed Romney's candidacy from the beginning, has accepted a Romney candidacy and is prepared to support him.
    "It is a statistical fact that the numbers favor Mitt Romney," FreedomWorks Vice President Russ Walker told the Times on Tuesday. "We are dedicated to defeating Obama and electing a conservative Senate that will help Romney repeal Obamacare and address the nation's economic and spending challenges."
    The decision is one that conservatives and tea party supporters around the country who have voted against Romney in state primary contests will be forced to consider if he continues to accumulate delegates in the upcoming state contests.
    Last year, FreedomWorks staged a counter rally against the presidential candidate when he addressed a tea party meeting in Concord, N.H. In a statement before the event, a spokesman for the organization said that Romney's record as governor of Massachusetts "represents everything the tea party stands against," and said his group was "standing on principle, not politics."
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/n...165444208.html

  2. #2
    We've been telling you libs for months that the right wing will back Romney when the time came...

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    We've been telling you libs for months that the right wing will back Romney when the time came...
    The Teaparty isn't unique at all then huh?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The Teaparty isn't unique at all then huh?
    Lesser of two evils. The lesser gets chosen every time...

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Lesser of two evils. The lesser gets chosen every time...
    That's not what the Teaparty stands for, they claimed to be different than any other movement.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    That's not what the Teaparty stands for, they claimed to be different than any other movement.
    They claim fiscal responsibility and now back the candidate that will hit the breaks on GWB v2...

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    They claim fiscal responsibility and now back the candidate that will hit the breaks on GWB v2...
    Ryan is claiming Romney will back his budget proposal which would go after Medicare. It will be very interesting how many of the tea partiers will back cutting their own benefits.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Ryan is claiming Romney will back his budget proposal which would go after Medicare. It will be very interesting how many of the tea partiers will back cutting their own benefits.
    If true, you'd probably see a split...

    Those who face the possibility of losing seats to D simply couldn't pull the trigger...

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,923
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Ryan is claiming Romney will back his budget proposal which would go after Medicare. It will be very interesting how many of the tea partiers will back cutting their own benefits.
    Would you cut any bennies you get from Uncle Sam. I asked to have my pay cut by the USPS but was turned by headquarters because of the union. I would take a cut in my benefits if need be. It's the country not just me!

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Would you cut any bennies you get from Uncle Sam. I asked to have my pay cut by the USPS but was turned by headquarters because of the union. I would take a cut in my benefits if need be. It's the country not just me!
    What's stopping you from declining your benefits?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Ryan is claiming Romney will back his budget proposal which would go after Medicare. It will be very interesting how many of the tea partiers will back cutting their own benefits.
    Ryan's plan saves Medicare. Of course the TP backs it. Everyone would if they understood our current fiscal situation. Sadly most people don't have a clue.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Ryan's plan saves Medicare. Of course the TP backs it. Everyone would if they understood our current fiscal situation. Sadly most people don't have a clue.
    The older members of the tea party like their medicare as they know it.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Would you cut any bennies you get from Uncle Sam. I asked to have my pay cut by the USPS but was turned by headquarters because of the union.
    Please.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The older members of the tea party like their medicare as they know it.
    Ryan plan affects people 55 and under. Old folks keep what they have. By contrast the Democrats non plan bankrupts Medicare by 2020. I'd say they'd be better off with the GOP fix.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Ryan plan affects people 55 and under. Old folks keep what they have. By contrast the Democrats non plan bankrupts Medicare by 2020. I'd say they'd be better off with the GOP fix.
    Seems to be a lot better than his last plan, there def needs to be some negotiations done on the budget.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,923
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Please.
    Please What! It's not about me it is about country. Something liberals can't comprehend. ME ME ME Generation!

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Please What! It's not about me it is about country. Something liberals can't comprehend. ME ME ME Generation!
    Dude nothing is stopping you from declining your plan.

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Please What! It's not about me it is about country. Something liberals can't comprehend. ME ME ME Generation!
    yes, and I,m sure you tried to give money back.

    You know, you can donate money to the country, why don't you do that?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Seems to be a lot better than his last plan, there def needs to be some negotiations done on the budget.
    Wouldn't it be nice if the Senate took up the bill and proposed amendments and changes. Then they send it back to the House and so on untill we actually get something accomplished. Unfortunately this President has already mad the decision to deamonize the "enemy". Once November comes and we get a change at the top I'm hopeful that the entire atmosphere in Washington will change for the better.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if the Senate took up the bill and proposed amendments and changes. Then they send it back to the House and so on untill we actually get something accomplished. Unfortunately this President has already mad the decision to deamonize the "enemy". Once November comes and we get a change at the top I'm hopeful that the entire atmosphere in Washington will change for the better.
    Agreed

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us