Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: TeaParty and Romney.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

TeaParty and Romney.

LOL, Teaparty and ROMNEY. Politics as usual. :yes:

[QUOTE]After a protracted battle against Mitt Romney, one national tea party group is waving the white flag.
    The Washington Times reports that FreedomWorks, a Washington-based group that has organized some of the largest tea party rallies in the country and has opposed Romney's candidacy from the beginning, has accepted a Romney candidacy and is prepared to support him.
    "It is a statistical fact that the numbers favor Mitt Romney," FreedomWorks Vice President Russ Walker told the Times on Tuesday. "We are dedicated to defeating Obama and electing a conservative Senate that will help Romney repeal Obamacare and address the nation's economic and spending challenges."
    The decision is one that conservatives and tea party supporters around the country who have voted against Romney in state primary contests will be forced to consider if he continues to accumulate delegates in the upcoming state contests.
    Last year, FreedomWorks staged a counter rally against the presidential candidate when he addressed a tea party meeting in Concord, N.H. In a statement before the event, a spokesman for the organization said that Romney's record as governor of Massachusetts "represents everything the tea party stands against," and said his group was "standing on principle, not politics."[/QUOTE]

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/national-tea-party-group-warms-mitt-romney-165444208.html[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've been telling you libs for months that the right wing will back Romney when the time came...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4415759]We've been telling you libs for months that the right wing will back Romney when the time came...[/QUOTE]

The Teaparty isn't unique at all then huh?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4415763]The Teaparty isn't unique at all then huh?[/QUOTE]

Lesser of two evils. The lesser gets chosen every time...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4415770]Lesser of two evils. The lesser gets chosen every time...[/QUOTE]

That's not what the Teaparty stands for, they claimed to be different than any other movement.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4415772]That's not what the Teaparty stands for, they claimed to be different than any other movement.[/QUOTE]

They claim fiscal responsibility and now back the candidate that will hit the breaks on GWB v2...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4415776]They claim fiscal responsibility and now back the candidate that will hit the breaks on GWB v2...[/QUOTE]

Ryan is claiming Romney will back his budget proposal which would go after Medicare. It will be very interesting how many of the tea partiers will back cutting their own benefits.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4415780]Ryan is claiming Romney will back his budget proposal which would go after Medicare. It will be very interesting how many of the tea partiers will back cutting their own benefits.[/QUOTE]

If true, you'd probably see a split...

Those who face the possibility of losing seats to D simply couldn't pull the trigger...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4415780]Ryan is claiming Romney will back his budget proposal which would go after Medicare. It will be very interesting how many of the tea partiers will back cutting their own benefits.[/QUOTE]

Would you cut any bennies you get from Uncle Sam. I asked to have my pay cut by the USPS but was turned by headquarters because of the union. I would take a cut in my benefits if need be. It's the country not just me!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4416342]Would you cut any bennies you get from Uncle Sam. I asked to have my pay cut by the USPS but was turned by headquarters because of the union. I would take a cut in my benefits if need be. It's the country not just me![/QUOTE]

What's stopping you from declining your benefits?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan's plan saves Medicare. Of course the TP backs it. Everyone would if they understood our current fiscal situation. Sadly most people don't have a clue.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4416412]Ryan's plan saves Medicare. Of course the TP backs it. Everyone would if they understood our current fiscal situation. Sadly most people don't have a clue.[/QUOTE]

The older members of the tea party like their medicare as they know it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4416342]Would you cut any bennies you get from Uncle Sam. I asked to have my pay cut by the USPS but was turned by headquarters because of the union.[/QUOTE]

Please.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4416440]The older members of the tea party like their medicare as they know it.[/QUOTE]

Ryan plan affects people 55 and under. Old folks keep what they have. By contrast the Democrats non plan bankrupts Medicare by 2020. I'd say they'd be better off with the GOP fix.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4416486]Ryan plan affects people 55 and under. Old folks keep what they have. By contrast the Democrats non plan bankrupts Medicare by 2020. I'd say they'd be better off with the GOP fix.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be a lot better than his last plan, there def needs to be some negotiations done on the budget.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4416483]Please.[/QUOTE]

Please What! It's not about me it is about country. Something liberals can't comprehend. ME ME ME Generation!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4416497]Please What! It's not about me it is about country. Something liberals can't comprehend. ME ME ME Generation![/QUOTE]

Dude nothing is stopping you from declining your plan.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4416497]Please What! It's not about me it is about country. Something liberals can't comprehend. ME ME ME Generation![/QUOTE]

yes, and I,m sure you tried to give money back. :rolleyes:

You know, you can donate money to the country, why don't you do that?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4416494]Seems to be a lot better than his last plan, there def needs to be some negotiations done on the budget.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be nice if the Senate took up the bill and proposed amendments and changes. Then they send it back to the House and so on untill we actually get something accomplished. Unfortunately this President has already mad the decision to deamonize the "enemy". Once November comes and we get a change at the top I'm hopeful that the entire atmosphere in Washington will change for the better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4416677]Wouldn't it be nice if the Senate took up the bill and proposed amendments and changes. Then they send it back to the House and so on untill we actually get something accomplished. Unfortunately this President has already mad the decision to deamonize the "enemy". Once November comes and we get a change at the top I'm hopeful that the entire atmosphere in Washington will change for the better.[/QUOTE]

Agreed