Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holder's people ransack a Walgreens

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4419522]Where are all the lib posters defending this act of justice.

You people are all racists.

Dont you see the parallels top the Boston Tea party?:D[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://narwhaler.com/img/45/e/you-boys-know-what-a-circle-jerk-is-spiderman-45eh2R.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4419525][IMG]http://narwhaler.com/img/45/e/you-boys-know-what-a-circle-jerk-is-spiderman-45eh2R.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Welcome to the circle,

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, interesting. I watched the video, and guess what I saw... a bunch of high school kids, lol. The video looked like fun, tbh. It looks like they decided to all run through the store for a laugh, and some of them wrongly took advantage by causing some damage and/or stealing things. $150 damage, big deal. If they can find who stole things or did the damage, then good. I don't really see what the big deal is. It's a good [B]local [/B]news story though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, you reap what you sow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4419671]well, you reap what you sow.[/QUOTE]

What, exactly, did Walgreens sow?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    its a self fulfilling prophecy.

If everyone is going to treat black kids as criminals......

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4419758]If everyone is going to treat black kids as criminals......[/QUOTE]

Does everyone?

:dunno:

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4419807]Does everyone?

-[/QUOTE]

Why bother, greenie?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4419807]Does everyone?

-[/QUOTE]

Nah, just the occasional guy who kills them.

That should make kids rest easier.

Or how 'bout they just stay in at night. And early evening. And late afternoon. And dress better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4420158]Nah, just the occasional guy who kills them.

Or how 'bout they just stay in at night. And early evening. And late afternoon. And dress better.[/QUOTE]

How about they don't terrorized store clerks, damage property and steal under the guise of protesting the horrible "racial" incident? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4420158]Nah, just the occasional guy who kills them.

Or how 'bout they just stay in at night. And early evening. And late afternoon. And dress better.[/QUOTE]

His many "diverse" neighbors disagree with you.

There have been MANY , friends of Zimmerman (of color) who have gone on television at their own risk to defend this guy. Literally saying "I am at risk by defending Mr.Zimmerman".

Yet...people who never met him, will pass judgement. WOW is appropriate.

Let me guess...you googled him and found out he was an altar boy as a child.:rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4419758]its a self fulfilling prophecy.

If everyone is going to treat black kids as criminals......[/QUOTE]

1. Not everyone does. Not even a majority does. That kind of claim should really come with supporting sources tbh, given you're defacto calling "everyone" racist.

2. You may find it informative to explore in depth some aspects of crime statsitics vs. population statistics, if you'd like to see the genesis of some aspects of sterotyping.

3. I'd like to ask a personal question, have you ever been mugged or otherwise assaulted in your own life? Have you ever personally been in a position where you have avoided youths (of any race) due to fear of potential crime, for example, walking at night?

Just curious.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4420221]1. Not everyone does. Not even a majority does. That kind of claim should really come with supporting sources tbh, given you're defacto calling "everyone" racist.

2. You may find it informative to explore in depth some aspects of crime statsitics vs. population statistics, if you'd like to see the genesis of some aspects of sterotyping.

3. I'd like to ask a personal question, have you ever been mugged or otherwise assaulted in your own life? Have you ever personally been in a position where you have avoided youths (of any race) due to fear of potential crime, for example, walking at night?

Just curious.[/QUOTE]

I still don't get why anyone bothers with someone of such obviously low intelligence. Do you wonder if his mind comes to that conclusion similarly for Catholic priests? As in, "It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If everyone calls them child molesters..." I'm guessing not. In fact, I know not.

I'd also put big money on a bet that this guy lives in a town that is about 95% white.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4420322]I still don't get why anyone bothers with someone of such obviously low intelligence.[/QUOTE]

Because I don't believe he's of low intelligence, painful as that is to say.

I think he's no smarter or dumber than I, or most here (with select expcetions, Doggin for example is smarter than most of us IMO).

I think what he is, and I wish it wasn't the case, is a troll. A guy whose purpose in posting is to get a rise, piss people off, and get satisfaction from making other people less happy.

As a longtime forumite and gamer, these kind of folks are very very common. There is a certain segment of the population who simply derive much fun and personal pleasure from making others rage anonymously online. You can often tell by how often their replies to things are 1. very short, 2. very sarcastci, 3. very biased against whomever is beign responded oo and 3. often a derail or veer off into a different, btu perhaps related, topic.

Add in that he's a Pats Fan on a Jets site, and a Liberal Northeasterner posting almost exclsuively (in here) against Conservatives, and you ahve your answer.

Our forum tears, they taste sweet to the trolls lips. Every forum has them, every game community has them, every corner of the onlien world has them.
    Last edited by Warfish; 03-28-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4420331]Because I don't believe he's of low intelligence, painful as that is to say.

I think he's no smarter or dumber than I, or most here (with select expcetions, Doggin for example is smarter than most of us IMO).

I think what he is, and I wish it wasn't the case, is a troll. A guy whose purpose in posting is to get a rise, piss people off, and get satisfaction from making other people less happy.

As a longtime forumite and gamer, these kind of folks are very very common. There is a certain segment of the population who simply derive much fun and personal pleasure from making others rage anonymously online. You can often tell by how often their replies to things are 1. very short, 2. very sarcastci, 3. very biased against whomever is beign responded oo and 3. often a derail or veer off into a different, btu perhaps related, topic.

Add in that he's a Pats Fan on a Jets site, and a Liberal Northeasterner posting almost exclsuively (in here) against Conservatives, and you ahve your answer.

Our forum tears, they taste sweet to the trolls lips. Every forum has them, every game community has them, every corner of the onlien world has them.[/QUOTE]
    The Class Clown gets laughed [B]AT[/B] when the 25 Year Reunion rolls around.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4420331]Because I don't believe he's of low intelligence, painful as that is to say.

Our forum tears, they taste sweet to the trolls lips. Every forum has them, every game community has them, every corner of the onlien world has them.[/QUOTE]

I agree he's a troll. But he's a dumb one. No question in my mind. It's obvious from the content, writing style and simplicity of thought. But my point stands either way.

Whether he is extremely unintelligent, as it appears to me, or he is just an uber-troll, as he appears to you, the question remains: [B][I]why bother[/I][/B]?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4420358]I agree he's a troll. But he's a dumb one. No question in my mind. It's obvious from the content, writing style and simplicity of thought. But my point stands either way.

Whether he is extremely unintelligent, as it appears to me, or he is just an uber-troll, as he appears to you, the question remains: [B][I]why bother[/I][/B]?[/QUOTE]

Lack of personal self-control when blabbering on in a froth over socio-econo-political issues of the day? :dunno:

One could as easily ask why post in here at all. In all my time here, the number fo times I've seen anyone change their view (apart from the predictable party-following and flip-flops when administrations change) can be counted on one hand. Troll or passionate ernest citizen, often comes down to the same thing tbh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4420368]Lack of personal self-control when blabbering on in a froth over socio-econo-political issues of the day? :dunno:

One could as easily ask why post in here at all. In all my time here, the number fo times I've seen anyone change their view (apart from the predictable party-following and flip-flops when administrations change) can be counted on one hand. Troll or passionate ernest citizen, often comes down to the same thing tbh.[/QUOTE]

Why post? Because people like you and doggin and countless others on both sides of each issue have valuable things to share and discuss here. Doesn't matter if you agree or not, or if anyone's mind is changed. It's just discussion. Don't you find that your own viewpoints are sometimes shaped and honed by discussion with those you disagree with? Or agree with?

I'm just saying don't bother when the discussion is intercepted by someone who has absolutely nothing intelligent to offer, whether it be due to trolling or obvious stupidity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4419758]its a self fulfilling prophecy.

If everyone is going to treat black kids as criminals......[/QUOTE]

Ugh. This is a problem statement. There no excuse for this behavior, and defending it as a "self fulfilling prophecy" is egregious.

That being said, using these kids ransacking a walgreens as some sort of connection to the Trayvon Martin case, because they were chanting his name is equally egregious. These are two separate incidents, and just as the Trayvon Martin case deserves scorn and scrutiny, so does this.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4419417]a tragic case of mistaken identity - the intended target was WalMart[/QUOTE]
    LOL