Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holder's people ransack a Walgreens

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4420331]You can often tell by how often their replies to things are 1. very short, 2. very sarcastic, 3. very biased against whomever is beign responded oo and 3. often a derail or veer off into a different, btu perhaps related, topic.[/QUOTE]

Sure, whatever you Teuchter.

Look. A squirrel!

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4420211]His many "diverse" neighbors disagree with you.

There have been MANY , friends of Zimmerman (of color) who have gone on television at their own risk to defend this guy. Literally saying "I am at risk by defending Mr.Zimmerman".

Yet...people who never met him, will pass judgement. WOW is appropriate.

Let me guess...you googled him and found out he was an altar boy as a child.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Zimmerman needs to go away, BIG TIME. He's a tremendous stain on this country. Vigilantism is not in the Constitution. Whatever you say about black white deserved or not, it's about this ridiculous result; and now the chance to make a statement about this behavior is on our courts. Oh boy; geniuses at work.

Zimmerman acted on his own in a way that hurts the community. Look at all the problems he started. It's as reprehensible as the MS-13 killings out here. Anyone that defends Zimmerman is missing the point; shame on you.

:mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4420452]Zimmerman needs to go away, BIG TIME. He's a tremendous stain on this country. Vigilantism is not in the Constitution. Whatever you say about black white deserved or not, it's about this ridiculous result; and now the chance to make a statement about this behavior is on our courts. Oh boy; geniuses at work.

Zimmerman acted on his own in a way that hurts the community. Look at all the problems he started. It's as reprehensible as the MS-13 killings out here. Anyone that defends Zimmerman is missing the point; shame on you.

:mad:[/QUOTE]

What's the point?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4420452]Zimmerman needs to go away, BIG TIME. He's a tremendous stain on this country. Vigilantism is not in the Constitution. Whatever you say about black white deserved or not, it's about this ridiculous result; and now the chance to make a statement about this behavior is on our courts. Oh boy; geniuses at work.

So I take it you support illegalizing Neighborhood Watch Groups then?

And support passing Laws that deadly force is never acceptable, even in cases of self-defense?

Because if the evidence thus far supporting Zimmerman's claims pan out, you would almost have to take those two positions to hold the opinions you just expressed.

If so, the criminal elements of America thank you. Getting rid of the Neighborhood Watch "Vigilantes" and making sure the Law protects criminals more than victoms certainyl makes their job far easier.

Did you know, for example, that the city this occured in is one of the worst for crime in the entire United States?

Lets look at one possible scenario:

Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch Dude, does whats on public record. Followed the kid in his vehicle, called it in, got out and tried to speak with him, but he (the youth) ran off. Zimmerman broke off to return to his vehicle.

He was then confronted by the Youth, who sized him up, and asked if he had a problem. As Zimmerman answers, he was punched in the face, knocked down, and beaten. While bigger (weight/height wise) than the youth, he is a poor hand to hand fighter and perhaps more bluster than skill in self-defense. As the beating continues, he pulls his weapon and shoots. The youth is killed.

In this possible scenario, the Watch guy did nothing illegal. Perhaps not smart or tacticly sound. But not illegal. What the youth did was assault and perhaps (the banging of head against the concrete) even attempted murder. If Zimmerman, head banged hard enough against the concrete and nose broken, felt his life was in immediate danger, the shooting would clearly be self defense.

Only one of many possibel scenarios. It could also be as Martin's Family claims, that Zommerman was a clost KKK Racist who only targeted Martin because of his skin tone, tracked him down, and shot him in cold blood, perhaps even faking his own injuries to support self-defense.

Point is, it's not close to clear-cut one way or the other.

I wonder how many here have been the victim of violence in their own lives. I was, when I was 16. Walked past teh wrong house, and off the stoop popped a hroup of five older kids, 3 black, one white, one hispanic. They surrounded me, and the leader (I spose) got in my face and said "you been talking about me?". I lolingly tried to explin I had no idea who he was, and no, was not talking about him. Before I finished, I got a nice sized fist in the face, followed immediately with a fist from behind into my skull. I turtled up (5 on 1 odds suck, and I'm no fighter), blcoked the blows I could, and used my weight to get moving in one direction. Got past one, and ran. Thankfull at 16 I was not yet a fat ****, and was somewhat fast. I got away.

I wonder how it could have been different tbh, even to this day. If they had a weapon. There were no witnesses, even though it was a street in my neighborhood and daytime. Or if I had a weapon. Or of course if I choose to walk a different route to my GF's place. Who knows. Point being, it's easy to make judgements when you weren't there, for all of us. But when you're in that situation, the only thing (for a non-combatant liek me) was "fight or flight" response, and boy did I fly.
    Last edited by Warfish; 03-28-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I am NOT making a statement on Zimmerman. I personally believe this should go to the grand jury. I simply have listened to people who have defended him and know him and will NOT pass judgement until all the facts are out. Nor will I pass judgement on you for passing judgement on me.

he screwed up..no doubt but I'll wait for the facts before I call him a vigilante.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4420461]So I take it you support illegalizing Neighborhood Watch Groups then?

And support passing Laws that deadly force is never acceptable, even in cases of self-defense?

Because if the evidence thus far supporting Zimmerman's claims pan out, you would almost have to take those two positions to hold the opinions you just expressed.

If so, the criminal elements of America thank you. Getting rid of the Neighborhood Watch "Vigilantes" and making sure the Law protects criminals more than victoms certainyl makes their job far easier.

Did you know, for example, that the city this occured in is one of the worst for crime in the entire United States?[/QUOTE]

Neighborhood Watches are not the problem. Following their own guidelines is.

2 very important parts OF THEIR OWN GUIDELINES ARE:

1. Don't carry a gun
    2. Don't approach suspicious people. Call the police.

It's simple really.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4420331]1. very short, 2. very sarcastci, 3. very biased against whomever is beign responded oo and 3. often a derail or veer off into a different, btu perhaps related, topic.[/QUOTE]

1. I tend to be short because I say what I say and don't bloviate. I see this as a style issue.

2. Again, sarcasm is a style. Smart guys can get my point.

3. I'm not biased against people, I am biased against certain ideas (as are you)

3. (Your forgot 4 BTW.) Yeah I go in a different direction on occassion, I'd rather not repeat the same argument all day. (Abortion is bad!) That's the nature of discourse.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4420492]1. I tend to be short because I say what I say and don't bloviate. I see this as a style issue.

2. Again, sarcasm is a style. Smart guys can get my point.

3. I'm not biased against people, I am biased against certain ideas (as are you)

3. (Your forgot 4 BTW.) Yeah I go in a different direction on occassion, I'd rather not repeat the same argument all day. (Abortion is bad!) That's the nature of discourse.[/QUOTE]

So I'm a biased stupid blovaiting repeater, eh?

Well, as I see it FF, you do not engage in discourse. You troll.

Easy test of course. Stop quoting me, stop responding to my posts, put me on ignore. Pretend I do not exist.

If what you say is true, you;re just here for discourse, you should have no problem with this request, given your view of me, and my request you do so.

We'll see, won't we. If you reply to me again, you're obviously not just here for discourse, as I'm making it clear I don't want or expect discourse with you.

Choice is yours FF. When you reply to me, and you will, you're defacto admitting you're here to troll. Put simply, there is no other need for you to reply to me personally otherwise now.

Have good day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4420386]Ugh. This is a problem statement. There no excuse for this behavior, and defending it as a "self fulfilling prophecy" is egregious.

That being said, using these kids ransacking a walgreens as some sort of connection to the Trayvon Martin case, because they were chanting his name is equally egregious. These are two separate incidents, and just as the Trayvon Martin case deserves scorn and scrutiny, so does this.[/QUOTE]

But it does become a part of the story, if only for it's irony content. The kid's peers, to protest him being killed because he was wrongly stereotyped as a thug, walk out of school.....and act like thugs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Zimmerman acted on his own in a way that hurts the community. Look at all the problems he started. [B]It's as reprehensible as the MS-13 killings out here. [/B]Anyone that defends Zimmerman is missing the point; shame on you.

That is pure, 100% insanity.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4420506]So I'm a biased stupid blovaiting repeater, eh?

Well, as I see it FF, you do not engage in discourse. You troll.

Easy test of course. Stop quoting me, stop responding to my posts, put me on ignore. Pretend I do not exist.

If what you say is true, you;re just here for discourse, you should have no problem with this request, given your view of me, and my request you do so.

We'll see, won't we. If you reply to me again, you're obviouslt not here for discourse, as I'm making it clear I don't want discourse with you.

Choice is yours FF. When you reply to me, and you will, you're defact admitting you're here to troll. Put simply, there is no other need for you to reply to me personally otherwise now.

Have good day.[/QUOTE]

LOLz, you are so Scottish...WF I have always liked you and enjoyed talking to you about things. As I've said many times I have learned things from you. I will NEVER put a poster here on ignore. I LIKE reading others opinions. Who knows, maybe you have even changed my mind on a few things.

You know if you can't handle reading my short sarcastic biased posts you can put me on ignore too right?

You guys seem a little thin skinned lately.

P.S.: I have NEVER, or will NEVER call you or any other poster here "stupid" as you claimed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4420514]LOLz, you are so Scottish...WF I have always liked you and enjoyed talking to you about things. As I've said many times I have learned things from you. I will NEVER put a poster here on ignore. I LIKE reading others opinions. Who knows, maybe you have even changed my mind on a few things.

You know if you can't handle reading my short sarcastic biased posts you can put me on ignore too right?

[B]You guys seem a little thin skinned lately.[/B]

P.S.: I have NEVER, or will NEVER call you or any other poster here "stupid" as you claimed.[/QUOTE]

I know WF has said he is a big dude but don't you think it is wrong to speak of him in the plural sense?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4420331]

You can often tell by how often their replies to things are 1. very short, 2. very sarcastci, 3. very biased against whomever is beign responded oo and 3. often a derail or veer off into a different, btu perhaps related, topic.

[/QUOTE]

I would argue that some of those you describe are intelligent enough to know they won't be changing anyone's minds, that there are better places to be practicing your debating skills (a football site? really?!), and that ultimately, this is even more verbal masturbation than the Pfail Strip.

Or, in the Hampur vernacular: LOLGFY. ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4420518]I know WF has said he is a big dude but don't you think it is wrong to speak of him in the plural sense?[/QUOTE]

I admit it.

I actually lol'ed at that one. Now my coworkers are looking at me funny.

Thanks Trades.:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4420537]I admit it.

I actually lol'ed at that one. Now my coworkers are looking at me funny.

Thanks Trades.:D[/QUOTE]

:D Any Time!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4420478]Neighborhood Watches are not the problem. Following their own guidelines is.

2 very important parts OF THEIR OWN GUIDELINES ARE:

1. Don't carry a gun
    2. Don't approach suspicious people. Call the police.

It's simple really.[/QUOTE]

this is yankee logic. not carrying a gun makes sense if you live in a state that doesnt trust law abiding tax paying citizens to own or carry guns

if you live in a gun friendly state and have a permit to carry, that supercedes everything else

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4420547]this is yankee logic. not carrying a gun makes sense if you live in a state that doesnt trust law abiding tax paying citizens to own or carry guns

if you live in a gun friendly state and have a permit to carry, that supercedes everything else[/QUOTE]

Support: gated communities I am aware of around the Charleston area, the guy at the gate has a gun. Of my neighbors, at least 75% have handguns. All are college grads or higher. A couple are physicians.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4420547]this is yankee logic. not carrying a gun makes sense if you live in a state that doesnt trust law abiding tax paying citizens to own or carry guns

if you live in a gun friendly state and have a permit to carry, that supercedes everything else[/QUOTE]

I am referring to the National Neighborhoods Watches OWN guidelines.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4420574]I am referring to the National Neighborhoods Watches OWN guidelines.[/QUOTE]

oooooooooh.

so you are familiar with every watches policies, in every city, in every state?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i doubt everyone uses this "national" policy. ive never heard of it