Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Holder's people ransack a Walgreens

[QUOTE=cr726;4420920]Goes to show idiots can carry guns too, legally of course.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^living proof!^^^^^^^^

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4421384]Essentially who cares about this piece of trash. [/QUOTE]

Possibly his family.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4421602]Possibly his family.[/QUOTE]

POSSIBLY.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4421602]Possibly his family.[/QUOTE]

It's true. They copyrighted it.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4421668]POSSIBLY.[/QUOTE]

Is this a curse? I just LOL'd

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4421446]Ignoring your desperate feeling about this; let me ask you about your understanding of "Passive violence" as in Zimmerman's behavior.

He brought a gun to a fight without announcing he was carrying.[/QUOTE]

Not sure I understand your vocabulary. Perhaps it's a west coast thing.
    Desperate? How really? Or disparate?

I never let anyone know when I carry. And to announce such could be interpreted as a threat. Threats can be considered against the law.

I know a couple of policemen who are not uniformed. They don't go around announcing. There is a rare coin store I frequent. THey have an M16 on the wall and announce it's loaded. Of course, you can't enter the store without being buzzed in.
    Last edited by palmetto defender; 03-29-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4421783]Is this a curse? I just LOL'd[/QUOTE]

Just channeling SBIII to break up the tension. :D

[QUOTE=FF2;4421545]Wow, that says a lot right there.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the truth. Sorry for the parents but they did a bad job.
    He essentially killed himself if he attached Zimmerman.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4421542]TICK TOCK, Barrister. Let's hear it :yes:[/QUOTE]

Give me a break.. It's 85 degrees here. Went out on my boat for a bit.
    Won't say if I was carrying. But we have gators in the rivers and harbor.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4421433]Point out what's wrong with it, maroon.

Your move.[/QUOTE]

LMAO

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4421846]Not sure I understand your vocabulary. Perhaps it's a west coast thing.
    Desperate? How really? Or disparate? [/quote]

[QUOTE=palmetto defender]Essentially who cares about this piece of trash.[/QUOTE]
    Okay.

[quote]I never let anyone know when I carry. And to announce such could be interpreted as a threat. Threats can be considered against the law.

I know a couple of policemen who are not uniformed. They don't go around announcing. There is a rare coin store I frequent. THey have an M16 on the wall and announce it's loaded. Of course, you can't enter the store without being buzzed in.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Plain and simple I think a line has been crossed. You can't just stop kids in hoods while wearing a gun...some line is getting crossed...it's like martial law... But this thread gives me compassion fatigue. I assume everybody is packing including soccer moms.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 03-30-2012 at 01:32 AM.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4422304]Okay.

EDIT: Plain and simple I think a line has been crossed. You can't just stop kids in hoods while wearing a gun...some line is getting crossed...it's like martial law... But this thread gives me compassion fatigue. I assume everybody is packing including soccer moms.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can stop suspicious looking people. Is it profiling? Absolutely. I think profiling is a good thing. What's next? A robbery. Witness: person held me up. Race? Sorry can't say. Gender? Sorry can't say. Height, weight, hair? Nope. Discriminatory.
    Mentioned this the other day here. Gunshots in an area. Witness said someone in dreadlocks was running. Cop patrols the area. Spots a dreadlocks (age 17). Guy runs. Cop chases. Guy turns with a gun. Guy takes 5 shots from cop.

In some areas lots of people carry. Lots here. People in places like NYC and SF have a different perpective. Try wandering the Tenderloin at 2AM.
    Where I live is safe (for now). But people can come and go.
    I know some younger married couples where the woman does carry. There are training courses here designed specifically for women.

Black male teens murder at 10 times the rate that whites and Hispanics combined do nationally. In Charleston 85% of all illegal gun possession charges are against blacks despite them being a minority of the population. Who is of greater concern - the 65 year old blonde granny or a 17 year old in dreadlocks swaggering about? We should not be losing common sense.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4422592]Yes, you can stop suspicious looking people. Is it profiling? Absolutely. I think profiling is a good thing. What's next? A robbery. Witness: person held me up. Race? Sorry can't say. Gender? Sorry can't say. Height, weight, hair? Nope. Discriminatory.
    Mentioned this the other day here. Gunshots in an area. Witness said someone in dreadlocks was running. Cop patrols the area. Spots a dreadlocks (age 17). Guy runs. Cop chases. Guy turns with a gun. Guy takes 5 shots from cop.

In some areas lots of people carry. Lots here. People in places like NYC and SF have a different perpective. Try wandering the Tenderloin at 2AM.
    I know some younger married couples where the woman does carry. There are training courses here designed specifically for women.

Black male teens murder at 10 times the rate that whites and Hispanics combined do nationally. In Charleston 85% of all illegal gun possession charges are against blacks despite them being a minority of the population. Who is of greater concern - the 65 year old blonde granny or a 17 year old in dreadlocks swaggering about? We should not be losing [B]common sense[/B].[/QUOTE]

Sorry, the PC police insist that be replaced with the word "racism". Thank you for your compliance.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4422592]Yes, you can stop suspicious looking people. Is it profiling? Absolutely. I think profiling is a good thing. What's next? A robbery. Witness: person held me up. Race? Sorry can't say. Gender? Sorry can't say. Height, weight, hair? Nope. Discriminatory.

Black male teens murder at 10 times the rate that whites and Hispanics combined do nationally. In Charleston 85% of all illegal gun possession charges are against blacks despite them being a minority of the population. Who is of greater concern - the 65 year old blonde granny or a 17 year old in dreadlocks swaggering about? We should not be losing common sense.[/QUOTE] There is so much here to discuss; two magnificently effective methods, "Shot Spot" and profiling done by the Gang Task Force, are used to stop gun play and gun violence in the Bayview. Just my 2 cents but maybe that is a way to "slow down" the violence of that demographic in South Carolina.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4422686]Sorry, the PC police insist that be replaced with the word "racism". Thank you for your compliance.[/QUOTE]

I'll give him a Mulligan. Someone to hold him. :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4422770]There is so much here to discuss; two magnificently effective methods, "Shot Spot" and profiling done by the Gang Task Force, are used to stop gun play and gun violence in the Bayview. Just my 2 cents but maybe that is a way to "slow down" the violence of that demographic in South Carolina.

I'll give him a [B]Mulligan.[/B] Someone to hold him. :D[/QUOTE]

Sorry, the word "Mulligan" has been replaced with "false start". :D

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4422770]There is so much here to discuss; two magnificently effective methods, "Shot Spot" and profiling done by the Gang Task Force, are used to stop gun play and gun violence in the Bayview. Just my 2 cents but maybe that is a way to "slow down" the violence of that demographic in South Carolina.

I'll give him a Mulligan. Someone to hold him. :D[/QUOTE]

Crime IS down here. The police are "heavying up" in more crime ridden areas. The NAACP is up in arms. The profile thing. Even a lawsuit. No chance but it's foot dragging by exactly the community it is meant to help most.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4422819]Crime IS down here. The police are "heavying up" in more crime ridden areas. The NAACP is up in arms. The profile thing. Even a lawsuit. No chance but it's foot dragging by exactly the community it is meant to help most.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the elders and leaders of the NAACP will adopt a "United we stand; divided we fall" policy; as they see that the cops can be effective with better tools.

Maybe ask those leaders into community discussions (yes probably doing so) to share some of the finer points of Shot Spot etc

All Pro
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4422592] People in places like NYC and SF have a different perpective. [B]Try wandering the Tenderloin at 2AM[/B].[/QUOTE]

Since Original Joe's shut down it's not worth it

o wait....they're back!

601 UNION STREET (between Stockton & Columbus)
    where Joe DiMaggio's was

[URL]http://www.tastingtable.com/entry_detail/sf/7279/A_time_honored_restaurants_second_coming.htm[/URL]

[URL]http://originaljoessf.com/about/[/URL]