Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have You Ever Been the Victim of Violence?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Have You Ever Been the Victim of Violence?

With the Florida story still on fire, I wondered if anyone here had ever been a victim of violence, assault, mugging, or anything of the sort tbh?

No specific personal details if you please, our anonymity is important. But generalizations are fine.

I would guess the cops amongst us would lol and say "want a list", same for our soldiers as well.

But I mean in civilian life here.

I'm very curious.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4420496]With the Florida story still on fire, I wondered if anyone here had ever been a victim of violence, assault, mugging, or anything of the sort tbh?

No specific personal details if you please, our anonymity is important. But generalizations are fine.

I would guess the cops amongst us would lol and say "want a list", same for our soldiers as well.

I'm very curious.[/QUOTE]

My brother used to beat the crap out of me and I let a girl beat the crap out of me in around 3rd grade because I refused to hit back since she was a girl, lol, other than that, no.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup...

Car jacked... Dummy let me grab my backpack which had my cellphone in it. He was pulled over a few blocks away...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4420496]With the Florida story still on fire, I wondered if anyone here had ever been a victim of violence, assault, mugging, or anything of the sort tbh?

Its interesting because I am assuming you feel attitudes might be formed because of this. A liberal is just a conservative that hasn't been mugged yet, right?

FWIW: I was stabbed in Hartford when I was 19.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, it was a warm florida night in st pete. there were 3 really good bands playing within a block of each other. there was also a bodega with 1 dollar tall boys smack in between them.

so i would watch one band, leave and buy a tall boy and watch another through the glass and open door. then id watch the third. long story short, good old dk got drunk.

so i went to my lincoln. i knew i couldnt drive so i figured id sleep it off. i got into the drivers side and went to sleep.

all i know is i woke up in the comfy back seat. the windows were rolled down. the sun had just started to rise. i looked at the drivers seat and there was trayvon martins cousin sitting in my chair. well, dk got scared and started screaming like a girly girl. apparantly, trayvons cousin didnt know i was there and started screaming as well. within a second, he opened the door and ran. as soon as i got my wits, i grabbed my 9mm under the seat. and got out of my car, but he was loooong gone.

ok so then i started to think.....MY WALLET! well, it was nowhere to be found. MY KEYS! they were in the ignition. I went to start my car but the battery was deader than dead. then i figured it out: i must have got hot, put the keys in the ig to lower the windows. with the auto headlights turn on with the sensor, i drained the battery

so there i was, moneyless with a dead car. i called the cops and made up a story out of shame. i asked to get a jump, they said it was against rules. i guess they felt bad cus they did it for me anyway. I foolishly had all my cards and debit card and cash. it was saturday morning and i had no funds. had to call a million credit companies. sucked

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh yea treyvon charged about 250 dollars worth of booze and groceries just down the block too

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4420517]well, it was a warm florida night in st pete. there were 3 really good bands playing within a block of each other. there was also a bodega with 1 dollar tall boys smack in between them.

so i would watch one band, leave and buy a tall boy and watch another through the glass and open door. then id watch the third. long story short, good old dk got drunk.

so i went to my lincoln. i knew i couldnt drive so i figured id sleep it off. i got into the drivers side and went to sleep.

all i know is i woke up in the comfy back seat. the windows were rolled down. the sun had just started to rise. i looked at the drivers seat and there was trayvon martins cousin sitting in my chair. well, dk got scared and started screaming like a girly girl. apparantly, trayvons cousin didnt know i was there and started screaming as well. within a second, he opened the door and ran. as soon as i got my wits, i grabbed my 9mm under the seat. and got out of my car, but he was loooong gone.

ok so then i started to think.....MY WALLET! well, it was nowhere to be found. MY KEYS! they were in the ignition. I went to start my car but the battery was deader than dead. then i figured it out: i must have got hot, put the keys in the ig to lower the windows. with the auto headlights turn on with the sensor, i drained the battery

so there i was, moneyless with a dead car. i called the cops and made up a story out of shame. i asked to get a jump, they said it was against rules. i guess they felt bad cus they did it for me anyway. I foolishly had all my cards and debit card and cash. it was saturday morning and i had no funds. had to call a million credit companies. sucked[/QUOTE]

Missing the part where you were the victim of violence rather than you own stupidity. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4420524]Missing the part where you were the victim of violence rather than you own stupidity. :D[/QUOTE]

He was beating himself up over it for months!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i fully admit to my stupidity. alcohol does that

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4420531]i fully admit to my stupidity. alcohol does that[/QUOTE]

Most of us have been there, and you can cross "attended two live shows by listening from the front door whilst getting blasted on dollar tallboys, then very briefly cohabiting with criminal/vagrant" off your bucket list, so you got that going for you, which is nice.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like

I read your story in the Holder thread; I had the same thing happen a few times. The worst was a kid in Manhasset that was a steroid rager in the early 80's. I got very very lucky that this white, upper middle class was distracted from his mission to bust me up. He was "Incrediblizing" (roid freak term for "going Hulk") but guy ran up and said another bigger fight was going down, so he and his buddy ran off.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was around 14 I was visiting a friend who lived in Central Islip. Anyone from Long Island knows there are some sketchy (ok, BAD) neighborhoods in C.I. One night around dusk, me, him and another friend were walking back to his house from a 7-11, and passed a group of about a half-dozen guys about our age, hanging out on the corner. Me and my friends were the 3 white kids. The other guys were hispanic and black. We get around 25 yards past them and I get nailed in the back with an empty 40 oz. bottle. Hurt like a mutha, and almost took me down. The main reason I didn't go down was I wanted to avoid the hail of bigass rocks that immediately followed the bottle. We ran, luckily they didn't chase us. I can still hear them laughing and yelling at us as we bailed. Got to the end of the block, I was so pissed I was seeing red. No way we're going back to get our asses beat outnumbered 2 to 1. So we walk around the other side of the block, and we're 2 houses away from them on the corner, with the houses in between us and them (they don't know we're there.) The 3 of us grab around a half-dozen bigass rocks each, and start launching them over the house. Once we heard what sounded like a rock meeting a skull, and a scream, we hauled ass out of there, laughing our azzes off. I hope the motherf-cker still has the scar.

INSERT COOL STORY BRO IMAGE HERE >>

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never was, but I lost a cousin when some anonymous person threw a rock over a house on Long Island that hit him in the head.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4420714]I never was, but I lost a cousin when some anonymous person threw a rock over a house on Long Island that hit him in the head.[/QUOTE]

Whoa. Would you mind digging him up and seeing ifn he still has the scar?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4420696]When I was around 14 I was visiting a friend who lived in Central Islip. Anyone from Long Island knows there are some sketchy (ok, BAD) neighborhoods in C.I. One night around dusk, me, him and another friend were walking back to his house from a 7-11, and passed a group of about a half-dozen guys about our age, hanging out on the corner. Me and my friends were the 3 white kids. The other guys were hispanic and black. We get around 25 yards past them and I get nailed in the back with an empty 40 oz. bottle. Hurt like a mutha, and almost took me down. The main reason I didn't go down was I wanted to avoid the hail of bigass rocks that immediately followed the bottle. We ran, luckily they didn't chase us. I can still hear them laughing and yelling at us as we bailed. Got to the end of the block, I was so pissed I was seeing red. No way we're going back to get our asses beat outnumbered 2 to 1. So we walk around the other side of the block, and we're 2 houses away from them on the corner, with the houses in between us and them (they don't know we're there.) The 3 of us grab around a half-dozen bigass rocks each, and start launching them over the house. Once we heard what sounded like a rock meeting a skull, and a scream, we hauled ass out of there, laughing our azzes off. I hope the motherf-cker still has the scar.

INSERT COOL STORY BRO IMAGE HERE >>[/QUOTE]

You prob killed someone's grandmother.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4420725]You prob killed someone's grandmother.[/QUOTE]

Nah. They were hanging out in a weed filled rocky garbage hole lot on the corner. No granmas moseying around that sh:thole neighborhood, trust me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a teenager in Brooklyn I had a gun pulled on me by some lowlifes. It was surreal. I remember being very calm about it. Might have been in disbelief.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, no. Friends and family, yes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got jumped walking home from the bus stop after work one night in Newburgh, NY. 5 black dudes and one white guy who fancied himself black walked down the street on the other side in the same direction I was going. I saw them and felt like something was gonna happen. Sure enough...as soon as I turned a corner down a side street, they crossed over and the white boy came running up behind me and pulled a gun out on me....demanded my money, which I had none. He then pistol whipped me in the face and a couple more times in the back of the head as I went down. I stood up as fast as I could and...unbelievably...outran all those black guys in unlaced workboots, lol. I stumbled into my mom's house with blood running down my face. She shrieked, stepdad walked into the room and when he saw what happened went and grabbed his 12 gauge. Right then, the guys showed up on our porch and tried to run into the house. My crazy ass stepdad fired a shot into the ceiling of the house and they all took off like cockroaches.

We moved 2 weeks later.

The shot my stepdad fired put a hole in one of the waterlines upstairs. He made me fix it the next day, lol.

The funny part is I eventually met the white guy that pistol whipped me. He got locked up when I was in jail....I recognized him when he was sent to the trustee dorm I was assigned to.

The funnier part is that after I recognized him from trying to rob me...I recognized his name. The little bastard was the youngest son of my mom's friend...who used to babysit me when I was 6. He was a little douche back then too. Small world....

Also, when I lived in Phoenix, I walked in my apartment getting robbed. Didn't even know they were there, but they heard me walk in. I walked into my kitchen and 2 guys came running past me...the first guy shoved me backwards and the second guy clocked me right in the throat with a bat (luckily missed my face). I passed out after not being able to breath...came to and my neighbors were standing over me. Had to give my statement to the cops by writing on their notepad, lol.

I moved back to NY a month later.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4420754]I got jumped walking home from the bus stop after work one night in Newburgh, NY. 5 black dudes and one white guy who fancied himself black walked down the street on the other side in the same direction I was going. I saw them and felt like something was gonna happen. Sure enough...as soon as I turned a corner down a side street, they crossed over and the white boy came running up behind me and pulled a gun out on me....demanded my money, which I had none. He then pistol whipped me in the face and a couple more times in the back of the head as I went down. I stood up as fast as I could and...unbelievably...outran all those black guys in unlaced workboots, lol. I stumbled into my mom's house with blood running down my face. She shrieked, stepdad walked into the room and when he saw what happened went and grabbed his 12 gauge. Right then, the guys showed up on our porch and tried to run into the house. My crazy ass stepdad fired a shot into the ceiling of the house and they all took off like cockroaches.

We moved 2 weeks later.

The shot my stepdad fired put a hole in one of the waterlines upstairs. He made me fix it the next day, lol.

The funny part is I eventually met the white guy that pistol whipped me. He got locked up when I was in jail....I recognized him when he was sent to the trustee dorm I was assigned to.

The funnier part is that after I recognized him from trying to rob me...I recognized his name. The little bastard was the youngest son of my mom's friend...who used to babysit me when I was 6. He was a little douche back then too. Small world....

Also, when I lived in Phoenix, I walked in my apartment getting robbed. Didn't even know they were there, but they heard me walk in. I walked into my kitchen and 2 guys came running past me...the first guy shoved me backwards and the second guy clocked me right in the throat with a bat (luckily missed my face). I passed out after not being able to breath...came to and my neighbors were standing over me. Had to give my statement to the cops by writing on their notepad, lol.

I moved back to NY a month later.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you are not invited to my JI mega millions party:D

How did you end up in prison if you dont mind me asking