Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have You Ever Been the Victim of Violence?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4420754]I got jumped walking home from the bus stop after work one night in Newburgh, NY. 5 black dudes and one white guy who fancied himself black walked down the street on the other side in the same direction I was going. I saw them and felt like something was gonna happen. Sure enough...as soon as I turned a corner down a side street, they crossed over and the white boy came running up behind me and pulled a gun out on me....demanded my money, which I had none. He then pistol whipped me in the face and a couple more times in the back of the head as I went down. I stood up as fast as I could and...unbelievably...outran all those black guys in unlaced workboots, lol. I stumbled into my mom's house with blood running down my face. She shrieked, stepdad walked into the room and when he saw what happened went and grabbed his 12 gauge. Right then, the guys showed up on our porch and tried to run into the house. My crazy ass stepdad fired a shot into the ceiling of the house and they all took off like cockroaches.

We moved 2 weeks later.

The shot my stepdad fired put a hole in one of the waterlines upstairs. He made me fix it the next day, lol.

[B]The funny part is I eventually met the white guy that pistol whipped me. He got locked up when I was in jail....I recognized him when he was sent to the trustee dorm I was assigned to.

The funnier part is that after I recognized him from trying to rob me...I recognized his name. The little bastard was the youngest son of my mom's friend...who used to babysit me when I was 6. He was a little douche back then too. Small world....
    [/B]

Also, when I lived in Phoenix, I walked in my apartment getting robbed. Didn't even know they were there, but they heard me walk in. I walked into my kitchen and 2 guys came running past me...the first guy shoved me backwards and the second guy clocked me right in the throat with a bat (luckily missed my face). I passed out after not being able to breath...came to and my neighbors were standing over me. Had to give my statement to the cops by writing on their notepad, lol.

I moved back to NY a month later.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the nuttiest "it's a small world" stories I've heard, for sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4420760]Damn, you are not invited to my JI mega millions party:D

How did you end up in prison if you dont mind me asking[/QUOTE]

Jail...not prison.

I lived next to an ATV dealership. After a few too many...er..."tall boys" of Molson Ice, I decided it would be a great idea to take one out for a spin.

It was a lot of fun. I didn't crash it...all I did was use up 1/2 tank of gas and put it back when I was done. But using bolt cutters to open the fence and taking it (even though I put it back) still constitutes 3rd degree burglary. I should have asked family for help with a lawyer...but kinda felt like a doosh...so I had a sh*tty public defender and plead guilty.

Was sentenced to 5 years probation.

Got arrested 3 years later for getting into a drunken tiff with someone at a parade on July 4th. Threw a beer bottle at a parked car...got arrested...violated my probation and was dinged for a bunch of appts I missed with my PO because I didn't have a car and was walking everywhere.

Funny thing about probation is that you waive your right to a trial should you violate. Didn't help that the judge that sentenced me used to also be my Social Studies teacher in school. Judging from my....er...opinions in the Political Forum you can guess how good me and him got along, lol.

A kid like me really needed to spend some time in jail. It was the best thing that happened to me. Had I not done time then....who knows what kind of trouble I would have been in later....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4420769]Jail...not prison.

I lived next to an ATV dealership. After a few too many...er..."tall boys" of Molson Ice, I decided it would be a great idea to take one out for a spin.

It was a lot of fun. I didn't crash it...all I did was use up 1/2 tank of gas and put it back when I was done. But using bolt cutters to open the fence and taking it (even though I put it back) still constitutes 3rd degree burglary. I should have asked family for help with a lawyer...but kinda felt like a doosh...so I had a sh*tty public defender and plead guilty.

Was sentenced to 5 years probation.

Got arrested 3 years later for getting into a drunken tiff with someone at a parade on July 4th. Threw a beer bottle at a parked car...got arrested...violated my probation and was dinged for a bunch of appts I missed with my PO because I didn't have a car and was walking everywhere.

Funny thing about probation is that you waive your right to a trial should you violate. Didn't help that the judge that sentenced me used to also be my Social Studies teacher in school. Judging from my....er...opinions in the Political Forum you can guess how good me and him got along, lol.

A kid like me really needed to spend some time in jail. It was the best thing that happened to me. Had I not done time then....who knows what kind of trouble I would have been in later....[/QUOTE]

Wow interesting stories, thanks for sharing.

All Pro
    When I was 14 my mom called the cops on me and had me locked up in JJC for a few days to teach me a lesson. I wasn't even really doing anything bad, just not listening to anything she said. She was pretty nuts. So, I'm a smallish kid and Youngstown, Oh, even in the early-mid 80's was a hell hole. after the shower with a power washer, and orientation, I was given a nice cinder block suite. Took me a little while, cause I was so freaked but I recognized my roomie, a much bigger black kid from my neighborhood. He started out friendly enough but then he wanted to wrestle. When I didn't want to he kept trying to choke me, said he was gonna kill me, etc. I fought him off out of sheer terror and either he got out or put in a different cell. Don't remember snitching to get a change made but I might very well have.

Snitches may get stitches but they also get away from bat-poop crazy cellies. I did see a kid from my Jr high that had wanted to fight me for a while. he didn't wanna fight anymore and got me some street cred in school.

God, forgot what a hellhole Youngstown was. Didn't even realize it that much growing up. Sailed through soft suburban RI when me moved a year or so later.

Anyway, not sure if this counts, but closest I've got.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4420754]I got jumped walking home from the bus stop after work one night in Newburgh, NY. 5 black dudes and one white guy who fancied himself black walked down the street on the other side in the same direction I was going. I saw them and felt like something was gonna happen. Sure enough...as soon as I turned a corner down a side street, they crossed over and the white boy came running up behind me and pulled a gun out on me....demanded my money, which I had none. He then pistol whipped me in the face and a couple more times in the back of the head as I went down. I stood up as fast as I could and...unbelievably...outran all those black guys in unlaced workboots, lol. I stumbled into my mom's house with blood running down my face. She shrieked, stepdad walked into the room and when he saw what happened went and grabbed his 12 gauge. Right then, the guys showed up on our porch and tried to run into the house. My crazy ass stepdad fired a shot into the ceiling of the house and they all took off like cockroaches.

We moved 2 weeks later.

The shot my stepdad fired put a hole in one of the waterlines upstairs. He made me fix it the next day, lol.

The funny part is I eventually met the white guy that pistol whipped me. He got locked up when I was in jail....I recognized him when he was sent to the trustee dorm I was assigned to.

The funnier part is that after I recognized him from trying to rob me...I recognized his name. The little bastard was the youngest son of my mom's friend...who used to babysit me when I was 6. He was a little douche back then too. Small world....

Also, when I lived in Phoenix, I walked in my apartment getting robbed. Didn't even know they were there, but they heard me walk in. I walked into my kitchen and 2 guys came running past me...the first guy shoved me backwards and the second guy clocked me right in the throat with a bat (luckily missed my face). I passed out after not being able to breath...came to and my neighbors were standing over me. Had to give my statement to the cops by writing on their notepad, lol.

Did the white guy in jail recognize you?
    Last edited by Bonhomme Richard; 03-28-2012 at 05:16 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4420754]The shot my stepdad fired put a hole in one of the waterlines upstairs. He made me fix it the next day, lol.[/QUOTE]

So this is how you became a plumber. :D

All League
    i was about twelve and my parents owned a three story building in newark, new jersey. a family that rented the apartment owed three months rent and refused to leave. my parents called the cops and they had to vacate but not without them putting up a fight. the tenants son{ 17 i think at the time} decided to throw what looked to be half of a brick at my mother's leg. i could not get to him fast enough. i made sure to remember that bastard's face for as long as i could. fast forward to when im 18. i'm driving with a couple of friends of mine and im at a red light when i see the same guy crossing the crosswalk. i instantly knew who it was when i saw him and i figured it was time to pay him back for my mothers limp. i made a left on the intersection and parked at a nearby park{ branch brook}. i waited for him to walk by me, but before i did i told one of my friends to take the drivers side and the other to make sure if im the one that gets his ass kicked that he would at least break it up. so i stood right by a tree and as he passed asked him if he had a cigarette, he said no then i asked again. before he could respond i started bashing his face in with an uncontrollable rage that since then i never experienced again. it ultimately took both my friends to get him off of me. we drove off before anyone can follow us. after that i never saw the guy again. i just remember seeing him on the sidewalk layed out like birdcrap. karma's a ***** son.... :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4420808]i was about twelve and my parents owned a three story building in newark, new jersey. a family that rented the apartment owed three months rent and refused to leave. my parents called the cops and they had to vacate but not without them putting up a fight. the tenants son{ 17 i think at the time} decided to throw what looked to be half of a brick at my mother's leg. i could not get to him fast enough. i made sure to remember that bastard's face for as long as i could. fast forward to when im 18. i'm driving with a couple of friends of mine and im at a red light when i see the same guy crossing the crosswalk. i instantly knew who it was when i saw him and i figured it was time to pay him back for my mothers limp. i made a left on the intersection and parked at a nearby park{ branch brook}. i waited for him to walk by me, but before i did i told one of my friends to take the drivers side and the other to make sure if im the one that gets his ass kicked that he would at least break it up. so i stood right by a tree and as he passed asked him if he had a cigarette, he said no then i asked again. before he could respond i started bashing his face in with an uncontrollable rage that since then i never experienced again. it ultimately took both my friends to get him off of me. we drove off before anyone can follow us. after that i never saw the guy again. i just remember seeing him on the sidewalk layed out like birdcrap. karma's a ***** son.... :yes:[/QUOTE]

Holy chit, you'e not invited to the half a billion blow out either.

All League
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4420811]Holy chit, you'e not invited to the half a billion blow out either.[/QUOTE]

not even if i bring a keg??? awww :(

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4420813]not even if i bring a keg??? awww :([/QUOTE]

Ok, you're invited :hug:

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4420780]When I was 14 my mom called the cops on me and had me locked up in JJC for a few days to teach me a lesson. I wasn't even really doing anything bad, just not listening to anything she said. She was pretty nuts. So, I'm a smallish kid and Youngstown, Oh, even in the early-mid 80's was a hell hole. after the shower with a power washer, and orientation, I was given a nice cinder block suite. Took me a little while, cause I was so freaked but I recognized my roomie, a much bigger black kid from my neighborhood. He started out friendly enough but then he wanted to wrestle. When I didn't want to he kept trying to choke me, said he was gonna kill me, etc. I fought him off out of sheer terror and either he got out or put in a different cell. Don't remember snitching to get a change made but I might very well have.

Snitches may get stitches but they also get away from bat-poop crazy cellies. I did see a kid from my Jr high that had wanted to fight me for a while. he didn't wanna fight anymore and got me some street cred in school.

God, forgot what a hellhole Youngstown was. Didn't even realize it that much growing up. Sailed through soft suburban RI when me moved a year or so later.

Anyway, not sure if this counts, but closest I've got.[/QUOTE]

Your story relaxes me

[IMG]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o99/wco33/tedphones011-2.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4420827]Your story relaxes me

[IMG]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o99/wco33/tedphones011-2.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Sweet cat!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4420808]i was about twelve and my parents owned a three story building in newark, new jersey. a family that rented the apartment owed three months rent and refused to leave. my parents called the cops and they had to vacate but not without them putting up a fight. the tenants son{ 17 i think at the time} decided to throw what looked to be half of a brick at my mother's leg. i could not get to him fast enough. i made sure to remember that bastard's face for as long as i could. fast forward to when im 18. i'm driving with a couple of friends of mine and im at a red light when i see the same guy crossing the crosswalk. i instantly knew who it was when i saw him and i figured it was time to pay him back for my mothers limp. i made a left on the intersection and parked at a nearby park{ branch brook}. i waited for him to walk by me, but before i did i told one of my friends to take the drivers side and the other to make sure if im the one that gets his ass kicked that he would at least break it up. so i stood right by a tree and as he passed asked him if he had a cigarette, he said no then i asked again. before he could respond i started bashing his face in with an uncontrollable rage that since then i never experienced again. it ultimately took both my friends to get him off of me. we drove off before anyone can follow us. after that i never saw the guy again. i just remember seeing him on the sidewalk layed out like birdcrap. karma's a ***** son.... :yes:[/QUOTE]

Remind me never to throw a half a brick at your mom! :yes::D:eek:

Guy had it coming, even at 17 you know better than to throw large rocks at women (or anyone else for that matter). Bet he still gets spooked when people ask him for a smoke, too.

All League
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4420856]Remind me never to throw a half a brick at your mom! :yes::D:eek:

Guy had it coming, even at 17 you know better than to throw large rocks at women (or anyone else for that matter). Bet he still gets spooked when people ask him for a smoke, too.[/QUOTE]

lol. im 30 now and i think i have enough strength for one more good scrap before i hang the sneakers up. if i ever go back to the old neighborhood i know i have to stay on my toes in case he is still around..

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4420849]Sweet cat![/QUOTE]
    He's a monster (15-18 lbs now) siamese with a horrible attitude; but he's ours. :rolleyes::D

We moved 2 weeks later.

The funny part is I eventually met the white guy that pistol whipped me. He got locked up when I was in jail....I recognized him when he was sent to the trustee dorm I was assigned to.

Never had any incidents other than schoolyard fights but i do live in Newburgh, N.Y.......Definitely some rough spots in the city that can be hazardous to your health......

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4420867]He's a monster (15-18 lbs now) siamese with a horrible attitude; but he's ours. :rolleyes::D[/QUOTE]

Love the Siamese cat-itude (speaking of being the victim of violence). Adopted an 18 year old siamese once, kept him in a bathroom for two days so he and the other cats could exchange smells/build familiarity. Opened the door, worried for poor, ancient Uncle June and he ran right over and biffed Joe and Goofy right in the head. True story. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4420879]Never had any incidents other than schoolyard fights but i do live in Newburgh, N.Y.......Definitely some rough spots in the city that can be hazardous to your health......[/QUOTE]

I finally met someone from Newburgh (besides Timmy)!!

Awhile ago I tried to school the people here on Pete's Hot Dogs. I would cut off my arm right now for 3 Pete's Dogs and a chocolate milk :)

I lived in a pretty bad part of Newburgh. Lander and Liberty Street....and later on Benkard Ave. Not good place for a white boy....lol

I once drove into a large group of guidos becuase they jumped my friend, does that count?

also in a bar once because someone was pissed at my buddy I went there with, I got hit with a beer bottle then in my girliest "get away" swing clipped the guy in his throat, then got kicked out by the bouncers.

It kind of went like this:

Bouncer: "Hey, you okay"

me: "I don't know, it hurts"

bouncer: "You'se gotta leave now"

i think this is where my general hatred and mistrust of guidos comes from.
    Last edited by piney; 03-28-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=piney;4420907]I once drove into a large group of guidos becuase they jumped my friend, does that count?

also in a bar once because someone was pissed at my buddy I went there with, I got hit with a beer bottle then in my girliest "get away" swing clipped the guy in his throat, then got kicked out by the bouncers.

It kind of went like this:

Bouncer: "Hey, you okay"

me: "I don't know, it hurts"

bouncer: "You'se gotta leave now"

i think this is where my general hatred and mistrust of guidos comes from.[/QUOTE]

Yes. That counts very much!!

We should start another thread.

"Were you the perpetrator of violence?" lol :D

I was at a bar, Newburgh again, and got into it with a bunch of overly tanned weirdos. I set their Mustang Saleen on fire in the parking lot....lit 5 books of matches up under the front seat. Watched it burn from the pier next to the bar. It was awesome :)