Thread: This Place Blows

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

This Place Blows

When Turk ain't here, this place dies..

Pretty good match up last night Barca/Milan.

Return match should be a 'cracker'

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I was thinking about that last night while watching the Milan game, actually. I haven't been following Milan very closely this year, but it looks like they havent played this well in a long time. Defense is, as always, tight as a drum, and their offense is explosive with Ibrahimovic leading the attack.

I don't completely trust the GK, Abbiati, but he looked good last night. You're right, the return leg in Barcelona should be very exciting. This is the kind of matchup that should be the final.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Yeah I was thinking about that last night while watching the Milan game, actually. I haven't been following Milan very closely this year, but it looks like they havent played this well in a long time. Defense is, as always, tight as a drum, and their offense is explosive with Ibrahimovic leading the attack.

I don't completely trust the GK, Abbiati, but he looked good last night. You're right, the return leg in Barcelona should be very exciting. This is the kind of matchup that should be the final.
    He made a few game saving saves, indeed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still sad that the US Olympic team crashed out in qualifiers. The next generation of Americas are a sad bunch, didn't qualify for U20 tournament, didn't qualify for U23 tournament.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you're saying you're not enjoying the 2012 Red Bulls thread?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ja...Turk got all busy with a real life...or mebbe got put in the klink for poorly timed tile throwing/smoke grenades.

Heard some commentary about Barca/Milan the other eve. Something about Milan "shutting down the left side" which had the effect of stymying Messi.

Speaking of Messi...WTF is Dirt? Any sightings?

Perhaps Euro 2012 will wake things up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Ja...Turk got all busy with a real life...or mebbe got put in the klink for poorly timed tile throwing/smoke grenades.

Heard some commentary about Barca/Milan the other eve. Something about Milan "shutting down the left side" which had the effect of stymying Messi.

Speaking of Messi...WTF is Dirt? Any sightings?

Perhaps Euro 2012 will wake things up.
    He'll be a father in june, so he's prolly stocking up the hours of sleep he's gonna miss.

Euro should bring out the best of us, even that POS Italian mod.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    He'll be a father in june, so he's prolly stocking up the hours of sleep he's gonna miss.

Euro should bring out the best of us, even that POS Italian mod.
    France sucks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear the Turk isn't around here anymore. Haven't followed Europe this season myself, barely had a chance to follow any leagues. Only get to watch the occasional Liverpool game and all the Messi highlights. We are still in two comps but we've had a poor season really.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Milan looked terrible today. Their defense was so porous. Abbiatti actually played pretty decently, and Barca was just firing away on him all day long. I thought the second penalty was bull****, but in the end it didn't matter anyway. Too bad.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post

LOL I'm glad I have a classy reputation around here.

I have been busy with real life stuff and on top of that I've lost interest in the local championship because of the match fixing scandal and the lack of response from the FA. I have season tickets and I ve only gone to 3 matches all year. More and more I find myself thinking the local championship is like a theater with a screenplay rather than a sporting event.

Now they're saying maybe we'll be banned from europe because of those ****ing *******s' match fixing and if that happens soccer as we know it will end in Turkey.

They've come up with a bull**** playoff system just as a distraction if not for that we'd have been champions 3-4 weeks ago. We are up 9 points on the sewerbirds with 1 week left but we'll see what happens in the ****ing playoffs...

God I hate those *******s with a passion they've actually almost killed the game of soccer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    France sucks.
    +1

Milan got shafted by that ref against Barça, both penalties were bull**** (before the first Messi was offside at the very beggining of the attack)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Now they're saying maybe we'll be banned from europe because of those ****ing *******s' match fixing and if that happens soccer as we know it will end in Turkey.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

Milan got shafted by that ref against Barça, both penalties were bull**** (before the first Messi was offside at the very beggining of the attack)
    Agreed, but evens out with the first game in Milan where no penalties were called.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You think that little of us???No flares?No shards of tiles?no razor filled potatoes?

That was a scene from the girls' basketball game think of it like feeder fans. When they get crazy enough they get promoted to Men's basketball and finally Men's Soccer

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You think that little of us???No flares?No shards of tiles?no razor filled potatoes?

That was a scene from the girls' basketball game think of it like feeder fans. When they get crazy enough they get promoted to Men's basketball and finally Men's Soccer

You have the baby gear ready?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have the baby gear ready?

Of course

he had his first piece of Galatasaray gear before he had his name - come to think of it before we even knew he was a "he"