Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is President Obama's Policy Platform for Election 2012?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4422334]Your interpretation is hilarious and dishonest to say the least. Gee, what was actually said?[/QUOTE]

What's a positive interpretation of what he said?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4422422]What's a positive interpretation of what he said?[/QUOTE]

Being able sit down after the election and try to work something out.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4422431]Being able sit down after the election and try to work something out.[/QUOTE]

Why can't he sit down before the election and try to work something out? What "flexibility" will he have after the election that he doesn't have now?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4422434]Why can't he sit down before the election and try to work something out? What "flexibility" will he have after the election that he doesn't have now?[/QUOTE]

You're serious? You think a 1 hour meeting should clear it all up?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4422443]You're serious? You think a 1 hour meeting should clear it all up?[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about a 1 hour meeting?

Are you suggesting that the "flexibility" Obama was referring to was flexibility in his schedule? LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Economically he is running on a platform of massive tax hikes for everyone and more Solyndra style green energy subsidies. He is running on his budget plan that was just voted down in the house and didn't pull even a single Democrat vote. His economic plan includes racking up 9 trillion in new debt over the next 10 years (even after his massive tax hikes kick in). Foreign policy wise he is running on a platform of giving up missile defense in exchange for promises of future nuclear disarmament. Energy policy wise he has just signed an executive order effectively outlawing the construction of new coal burning power plants. He has blocked new drilling in the Gulf and on other Federal Lands. Multiple States are now suing the Federal Government to regain access to lands under Federal control in order to open up drilling.

What may be worse is that he has seemingly no plan to replace the cadre of left wing professors and activists that currently make up the bulk of his cabinet. We can expect to see more of bicycle riding Berkley Professor Chu heading up the energy department. We can expect more incompetence from Eric Holder heading up the Justice Department. It goes on and on.
    Last edited by chiefst2000; 03-30-2012 at 09:50 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4421935]What is he running on, specificly, this election?

Promises?

Results he already achieved?

TLDR: If asked, what would Obama tell us is the reason we should vote for him. Not against his opponents, but for him.[/QUOTE]

"The Repubs hate people of color. I don't. I could have been Trayvon's father."

Paid for by don'tvoteforwhitey2012

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4422449]Who said anything about a 1 hour meeting?

Are you suggesting that the "flexibility" Obama was referring to was flexibility in his schedule? LOL[/QUOTE]

Flexibility of time and will not have the GOP making up sh1t during the negotiations just for election purposes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4422504]Flexibility of time and will not have the GOP making up sh1t during the negotiations just for election purposes.[/QUOTE]

Actually it would be the flexibility to once again sell out our allies while making sweetheart deals with our rivals. This foolish view of foreign policy is a staple of the Obama administration.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    from the 1989 Batman movie:

Obuttocks: "And now, folks, it's time for "Who do you trust!" Hubba, hubba, hubba! Money, money, money! Who do you trust? Me? I'm giving away free money!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see "Four million private sector jobs created in the past two years" being a big one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;4422870]I can see "Four million private sector jobs created in the past two years" being a big one.[/QUOTE]

To which business owners and CEOs will counter "half the rate we would have hired if we were ensured Obama was outta there".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;4422870]I can see "Four million private sector jobs created in the past two years" being a big one.[/QUOTE]

So you wouldn't use the slogan "The first president in history in which the overall number op people employed declined over their first term"?

Rather go with the poll tested "we lost 8 million jobs but we got some of them back" slogan?

How about this: Obama: Purchasing new jobs at a rate of 1 million stimulus dollars spent per job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4422932]So you wouldn't use the slogan "The first president in history in which the overall number op people employed declined over their first term"?

Rather go with the poll tested "we lost 8 million jobs but we got some of them back" slogan?

How about this: Obama: Purchasing new jobs at a rate of 1 million stimulus dollars spent per job.[/QUOTE]

Since when do slogans have to be based in reality?

I definitely see Dems using the 2M jobs to their advantage. Unfortunately, most Americans are lemmings, and I don't trust the Repubs to argue the point as well as you did . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4422917]To which business owners and CEOs will counter "half the rate we would have hired if we were ensured Obama was outta there".[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4422932]So you wouldn't use the slogan "The first president in history in which the overall number op people employed declined over their first term"?

How about this: Obama: Purchasing new jobs at a rate of 1 million stimulus dollars spent per job.[/QUOTE]

Political platforms are built around half truths.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly can't see Barry winning a second term. I generally have a good feel for elections. I never thought the GOP had a shot in 2008. If I base my vote on the simple question of whether I would like four more years of "how things have been these past 3.5 years" there's no chance. At least the Bush era was fairly prosperous until the last year.

The other question to ask what has really changed since the 2010 midterms. We have a sluggish recovery happening. Normally we get a big bump in growth after recessions. Now we are still growing at below average rates. Thats scary for anyone that understands the economy. We have a president that has promised massive tax hikes in 2012. Who wants to pay more taxes? Hint... not me. We have a Presidential budget that raises all of those taxes yet still averages 700 billion deficits over the next ten years. Its crazy. His budget couldn't get one democrat vote. Not one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4423070]I generally have a good feel for elections.[/QUOTE]

That's why they call you The Oracle :P

I'm not gonna bother to vote then. Gonna stay home and make grilled cheese instead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4423075]That's why they call you The Oracle :P

I'm not gonna bother to vote then. Gonna stay home and make grilled cheese instead.[/QUOTE]

It helps when you watch polls of Likely Voters.

You should throw some grilled onions and mushrooms on that Grilled Cheeze. YUM!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4423070]I honestly can't see Barry winning a second term. I generally have a good feel for elections.[/QUOTE]

Romney is going to give Obama a run for his money, but ultimately he'll fail because he's simply a weak candidate. Advantage goes to the incumbent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4423081]It helps when you watch polls of Likely Voters.

[B]You should throw some grilled onions and mushrooms on that Grilled Cheeze. [/B]YUM![/QUOTE]

That sounds freakin' fantastic. My wife is a vegetarian, we'll be all over that.

So, does LV mean, when the pollster calls, person says "yes, I'm likely to vote", vs "yes, I'm a registered voter"?