Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama's Worst Week EVER!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4422708]Why are you talkiing about polls and not addressing BO's embarrassing week?[/QUOTE]

Well...probably because we are not of the same political affiliation.

Let's start with the "inciting a race war" stuff (insert scary music here)...

Republicans think that Obama meant.. "HEY LOOK!! That kid looks like he could be mine because I have dark skin and so does he"

I think he meant the way the kid was dressed.

Everyone will insist that I am terrible wrong and that Obama meant it as a dog whistle to start Helter Skelter.

I don't see the week as "THE WORST EVER". So...how am I to acknowledge it then?

Potato. Tomato. Sauce. Gravy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4422756]Well...probably because we are not of the same political affiliation.

Republicans think that Obama meant.. "HEY LOOK!! That kid looks like he could be mine because I have dark skin and so does he"

Everyone will insist that I am terrible wrong and that Obama meant it as a dog whistle to start Helter Skelter.[/QUOTE]

If that's truly how you feel, I'm wondering how an astute guy like you simply can't correlate that line was delivered with intent for an upcoming election...

It backfired...

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4422756]

[/QUOTE]

In the 5 year old picture when the kid was 12 or the recent pictures on facebook/twitter?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4422756]Well...probably because we are not of the same political affiliation.

Everyone will insist that I am terrible wrong and that Obama meant it as a dog whistle to start Helter Skelter.

Potato. Tomato. Sauce. Gravy.[/QUOTE]

I will be you and show you how to address the topic.

On the Putin gaffe you could say: "Obama is a shrewd negotiator. He sent the info to Putin to let him know he's ready to make a deal in order to further nuclear disarmament. I don't give a crap about a missile defense system because A: I dont believe it will work or B) I don't think anyone is going to bomb us so it is a waste of time.

On the Budget getting voted down 400-0 you could say "Obama was never serious with that proposal. He was required by law to put something up and he did. Politically it wouldn't have been wise to put out a real budget that Republicans could pick apart in an election year. I believe he has ideas for a real budget but he will keep them to himself until he is reelected. I trust the guy so that's fine by me.

On SCOTUS: I think this is much adeu about nothing. I doub't it is overturned and if it is A) it will be because the SC is loaded with right wing nut jobs or B) it will help Obama's reelection because his most hated legislation is now off the table. He gets to say "I tried and the mean GOP took it away".

Please send a check for $5 in exchange for this lesson on how to counter an argument on a message board.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Potato. Tomato. Sauce. Gravy.[/QUOTE]

Actually when he made the comment on the kid I felt nothing one way or the other, it easily could have been Bush speaking of a young man, the problem lies in the fact that BO commented on things, with obvious racial implications, without thinking the possible outcomes. Didn't Holder just do something similar a couple of months ago?

Why does this happen? Politics in no uncertain terms, BO has embraced Al Sharpton, could anything else further damage one's credibilty. He is looking to solidify the black vote, as if he needed to worry about it, without thinking.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4422768]Please send a check for $5 in exchange for this lesson on how to counter an argument on a message board.[/QUOTE]

I've already discussed these "gaffes" in previous threads, son ;):P

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4422756]
    [/QUOTE]

LOLOL...come on now PK.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It definitely was a bad week politically, no doubting that. He's getting beatup for everything.

But you know, I didn't mind what he said about the kid in Florida. And I don't think the open mic "debacle", as it's being called, is nothing but "tell Putin not to sabre rattle about this missile defense system during my election and if I get re-elected, we'll talk about it again".

If the healthcare law is struck down, that will be the real big blow and I don't think he'll be able to win re-election if that happens.

Either way, s'all good, if we get Romney, than I imagine his presidency will be a lot like Obama's, except we won't have to hear about him being muslim or hating white people or that he wasn't born in the US or all that mud that was thrown at Obama before he ever did anything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4422745]Exactly when Bush would have had he been elected a 3rd term...

I don't see how that's a win for Obama...[/QUOTE]

its called recognizing a bad situation and having the balls to just leave. just like when the great reagan left beruit when them marines in that building were killed by that car bomb. no bs talk, no revenge, just leave and thats it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4422734]The Iraq war was won. The Iraqis have a fragile form of Democracy now. They handle their own security. There has not been a civil war there between the three factions. Their government serves as a model for Arab Spring countries like Libya, Egypt and Syria. Other than that I agree with what you said.[/QUOTE]

fragile indeed. lest be real, it is just a matter of time..... the world was a way more stable place with hussien in power and he didnt have anything to do with 911 and no WMD. its embarrassing really

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    and as far as im concerned obama needs to high tail it out of afghanistan asap as well. al quieda took a beating, bin laden was killed, the us is broke ass........you will never change culture overnight. its just plain folly. cant trust any of them freaks

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4422759]If that's truly how you feel, I'm wondering how an astute guy like you simply can't correlate that line was delivered with intent for an upcoming election...

It backfired...[/QUOTE]

Backfired? The only people flipping out are the same people who arent going to vote for him anyway.

The right loves to keep piling on and the undecided get tired of it very quickly. The GOP claiming to be victims of the media and so on is an old and tired. I know a bunch of older GOP'ers and they have had with congress and can't believe they are going to have to vote for Obama. I was shocked when they said it. These guys are in their 50-60's.