Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman Not Bloody Enough to Suit Liberal Media

Can I ask why people are so dead set on defending Zimmerman? Just because the media was using old pictures of Trayvon looking innocent?

Just seriously look at this objectively. I dont think there's any doubt Zimmerman was looking for a problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4423616]Media covers young black kids, who were not the intended victim all the time. The biggest difference here is Sanford Police does not appear to be trained to investigate murders, Sanford isn't Miami, they should of called for assistance right away from another department that has a homicide division. It is out of control because Sanford PD doesn't know how to handle this at all.[/QUOTE]

BINGO, Cr.

The problem with the law is that it's puts the job of a grand jury into the laps of LEO's.

When a cop shows up to a crime scene and there is a dead body and a suspect who admits that he killed the person, the suspect should be arrested and charged with, at the minimum, manslaughter.

THEN, a grand jury can weigh the evidence and decide whether or not the Stand your Ground law applied to these particular circumstances.

Unless the prosecutor is Mike Nifong, this thing doesn't make it past the grand jury. :yes:

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4423638]Unless the prosecutor is Mike Nifong, this thing doesn't make it past the grand jury. :yes:[/QUOTE]

You'd be right if the rest of the country was limited as you and simply just make up sh@t.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The Sanford PD and the national media are the two biggest perpetrators in this whole thing.

Sanford cops apparently did a **** job investigating, and the media has literally tried this guy in a court of public opinion. Even now by introducing evidence (video stills of Zimmerman) and leading people to assume what his injuries really were. This is not how our justice system is supposed to work. This is a travesty.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4423680]The Sanford PD and the national media are the two biggest perpetrators in this whole thing.

Sanford cops apparently did a **** job investigating, and the media has literally tried this guy in a court of public opinion. Even now by introducing evidence (video stills of Zimmerman) and leading people to assume what his injuries really were. This is not how our justice system is supposed to work. This is a travesty.[/QUOTE]

And it's whipped up a mob:

[url]http://twitchy.com/2012/03/31/ga-high-school-students-tweet-trayvon-riot-threats-of-violence-grow-on-twitter/[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4423687]And it's whipped up a mob:

[url]http://twitchy.com/2012/03/31/ga-high-school-students-tweet-trayvon-riot-threats-of-violence-grow-on-twitter/[/url][/QUOTE]

How about Spike Lee tweeting the address of what he thought was the Zimmerman's home... which turned out to be the house of two old Florida retirees. The old people had to go stay in a hotel because they were getting death threats and wannabe vigilantes (the irony is stunning) showing up at their door. They then reached an undisclosed settlement with Lee. What a jackass.

None of this is productive.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4423704]How about Spike Lee tweeting the address of what he thought was the Zimmerman's home... which turned out to be the house of two old Florida retirees. The old people had to go stay in a hotel because they were getting death threats and wannabe vigilantes (the irony is stunning) showing up at their door. They then reached an undisclosed settlement with Lee. What a jackass.

None of this is productive.[/QUOTE]

that isn't even the real problem, Lee is getting flack for posting the wrong address, he should get flack for wanting to post the correct address.

Still though, I don't know what's worse, the left pressing for Zimmerman or the right trying to tell me that a black kid probably deserved to be shot because of twitter photos and reap lyrics.

We are seeing the worst of both sides right now.

And he shall be Trayvon! And he shall be a good man!

He

Shall

Be

Tray

Von!

[SIZE="1"]ha ha ha[/SIZE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=piney;4423729]that isn't even the real problem, Lee is getting flack for posting the wrong address, he should get flack for wanting to post the correct address.
    [/QUOTE]

EXACTLY.

[QUOTE=piney;4423729]We are seeing the worst of both sides right now.[/QUOTE]

case in point:

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4423735]And he shall be Trayvon! And he shall be a good man!

He

Shall

Be

Tray

Von!

[SIZE="1"]ha ha ha[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=piney;4423824]case in point:[/QUOTE]

You really can't expect a lot from the usual suspects.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=piney;4423729]trying to tell me that a black kid probably deserved to be shot because of twitter photos and rap lyrics.[/QUOTE]

I like guns, my cousin, Ford F150, Randy Travis, NASCAR, Americuh, 9/11, crystal meth, Mountain Dew and my sister's dirty underwear.

Sent from my brain using Telepathy

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4423853]I like my sister's dirty underwear.

Sent from my brain using Telepathy[/QUOTE]

If I pm you my address, will you send me a pair? ;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cr726;4423616][B]Media covers young black kids, who were not the intended victim all the time.[/B] The biggest difference here is Sanford Police does not appear to be trained to investigate murders, Sanford isn't Miami, they should of called for assistance right away from another department that has a homicide division. It is out of control because Sanford PD doesn't know how to handle this at all.[/QUOTE]

'Cause it sells. People eat it up. Maybe DOJ should step in and show 'em how shiit works, you guy never mess up. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4423871]'Cause it sells. People eat it up. Maybe DOJ should step in and show 'em how shiit works, you guy never mess up. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Great post! :yes: right on time and topic.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Matt39;4423612]Of course. I do too...this story is getting wayyy to much glitter and glam.

But, use your brain. Zimmerman was a tool and was looking for a fight and he got it. Who the hell shoots someone during a fistfight?[/QUOTE]

almost everyone, sad to say.

[QUOTE=Matt39;4423620]Can I ask why people are so dead set on defending Zimmerman? Just because the media was using old pictures of Trayvon looking innocent?

Just seriously look at this objectively. [B]I dont think there's any doubt Zimmerman was looking for a problem.[/B][/QUOTE]

It's not "dead set on defending Zimmerman" -- it's simply allowing the system to do its thing before making statements like the one above.

I'll admit I know LESS details than most, but last I checked there HAD been robberies in the area. Zimmerman DID have a history of wanting to be "part of the solution". He WAS attacked and screaming for help (which doesn't happen to someone who shoots first and asks questions later).

It amazes me how many people are (rightfully) questioning Zimmerman's actions, but not the kid's. Last I checked it's NOT natural to approach your stalker. Why didn't he call the cops? Why didn't he find a safe haven? Why didn't he do something other than start the PHYSICAL part of the altercation?

Perhaps facts will come out that make all those questions completely off-base. But for now, I think they're just as legitimate as the ones being thrown at Zimmerman . . .

[QUOTE=OCCH;4423942]It's not "dead set on defending Zimmerman" -- it's simply allowing the system to do its thing before making statements like the one above.

I'll admit I know LESS details than most, but last I checked there HAD been robberies in the area. Zimmerman DID have a history of wanting to be "part of the solution". He WAS attacked and screaming for help (which doesn't happen to someone who shoots first and asks questions later).

It amazes me how many people are (rightfully) questioning Zimmerman's actions, but not the kid's. Last I checked it's NOT natural to approach your stalker. Why didn't he call the cops? Why didn't he find a safe haven? Why didn't he do something other than start the PHYSICAL part of the altercation?

Perhaps facts will come out that make all those questions completely off-base. But for now, I think they're just as legitimate as the ones being thrown at Zimmerman . . .[/QUOTE]

Those are all nice questions to ask the kid. If he were alive.

[QUOTE=FF2®;4423957]Those are all nice questions to ask the kid. If he were alive.[/QUOTE]

Always ready to add to the discussion:rolleyes:

The point is this could have been avoided on BOTH sides, all the way down to he wouldn't have been there if he hadn't been suspended.

No that doesn't justify what happened, but you better believe I've used it as an opportunity to help my students see decisions often have unexpected consequences. I've got a ton of kids who would have pulled off the same "tough guy" routine, and I can only hope they've learned from this that it truly is better to just walk away . . .