Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zimmerman Not Bloody Enough to Suit Liberal Media

[QUOTE=OCCH;4423942]It's not "dead set on defending Zimmerman" -- it's simply allowing the system to do its thing before making statements like the one above.

I'll admit I know LESS details than most, but last I checked there HAD been robberies in the area. Zimmerman DID have a history of wanting to be "part of the solution". He WAS attacked and screaming for help (which doesn't happen to someone who shoots first and asks questions later).

It amazes me how many people are (rightfully) questioning Zimmerman's actions, but not the kid's. Last I checked it's NOT natural to approach your stalker. Why didn't he call the cops? Why didn't he find a safe haven? Why didn't he do something other than start the PHYSICAL part of the altercation?

Perhaps facts will come out that make all those questions completely off-base. But for now, I think they're just as legitimate as the ones being thrown at Zimmerman . . .[/QUOTE]

I would agree that you have to let it play out but you state things like Zimmerman was attacked and he was screaming when we only have Zimmermans word for it...

On the 911 tape Zimmerman himself says the kid is running and even though told not to follow him he continued to do so...

As far as being part of the solution it seems he was overzealous at the least calling police some 46 times since January 2011....He also has a history of violence being arrested 3 times in the past for resisting a police officer....Domestic abuse and resisting a police officer with violence when he physically attacked the officer.....

His father being a judge probably helped in getting the felony charge on the officer he attacked reduced to a misdemeanor.....
    Last edited by jetsmetsrangers; 03-31-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=OCCH]but you better believe I've used it as an opportunity to help my students see decisions often have unexpected consequences...[/QUOTE]

Yeah kids. Be careful or :canthackitasamallcops: will shoot you.

Sent from my brain using Telepathy

[QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4423966]I would agree that you have to let it play out but you state things like Zimmerman was attacked and he was screaming when we only have Zimmermans word for it...

On the 911 tape Zimmerman himself says the kid is running and even though told not to follow him he continued to do so...

As far as being part of the solution it seems he was overzealous at the least calling police some 46 times since January 2011....He also has a history of violence being arrested 3 times in the past for resisting a police officer....Domestic abuse and resisting a police officer with violence when he physically attacked the officer.....

His father being a judge probably helped in getting the felony charge on the officer he attacked reduced to a misdemeanor.....[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how hard it is to talk about this subject without people assuming you're defending one side or the other (not you personally -- just in general).

He will have to live with the fact that he murdered an unarmed kid over something he initiated. If he's the racist some are making him out to be, perhaps that won't phase him. Personally, I cannot imagine a greater punishment.

But when people assume "he must've been looking for trouble" -- I just don't think that's an objective comment at this point in time . . .

[QUOTE=OCCH;4424023]It's amazing how hard it is to talk about this subject without people assuming you're defending one side or the other (not you personally -- just in general).

He will have to live with the fact that he murdered an unarmed kid over something he initiated. If he's the racist some are making him out to be, perhaps that won't phase him. Personally, I cannot imagine a greater punishment.

But when people assume "he must've been looking for trouble" -- I just don't think that's an objective comment at this point in time . . .[/QUOTE]

What was Zimmerman doing?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4424023]It's amazing how hard it is to talk about this subject without people assuming you're defending one side or the other (not you personally -- just in general).

He will have to live with the fact that he murdered an unarmed kid over something he initiated. If he's the racist some are making him out to be, perhaps that won't phase him. [B]Personally, I cannot imagine a greater punishment.[/B]

But when people assume "he must've been looking for trouble" -- I just don't think that's an objective comment at this point in time . . .[/QUOTE]

Having to live in prison with the fact that he murdered an unarmed kid over something he initiated?