Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: 14 shot, 2 dead outside funeral home near North Miami

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

14 shot, 2 dead outside funeral home near North Miami

Gunmen fired a barrage of bullets at a crowd of mourners who were gathered Friday night at a North Miami-area funeral home, shooting 14 people and killing two, according to Miami-Dade police..

The shots came from a passing car. The gunmen remained on the loose early Saturday.

The funeral was for Marvin Andre, 22, of North Miami, killed in an earlier shooting, according to witnesses. More than 100 people were gathered outside.

"I was on my way out of the chapel when I heard the shots," said A.D. Lenoir, the pastor who officiated at the service. "I told people to look for cover. It was chaos."

Lenoir, 29, said people were screaming, crying and yelling.

"It hurts me that after such a moving and stirring message, this happens," Lenoir said, "a shooting at a shooting-victim's funeral."

Three of Friday's victims were taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, according to reports, and several more went to other areas hospitals. One victim reportedly was a child, shot in the leg.

According to early reports, as mourners were gathered at about 9 p.m. outside the funeral home, Funeraria Latina Emanuel, a car drove by and at least one person inside the vehicle fired shots at the crowd, reportedly with a high-powered weapon. Yellow police tape surrounded the funeral home and surrounding crime scene.

The shooting happened outside North Miami city limits in the 14900 block of West Dixie Highway. The area is just southwest of Florida International University's north campus. Several funeral homes and a cemetery are in the busy area, as well as stores and restaurants.

Miami-Dade police were on the shooting scene.

The West Dixie Highway corridor has been the scene of several shootings in recent years. In 2007, the owner of a martial arts studio was fatally gunned down in a drive-by. Police are looking for six men, who were in a white 2006 or 2009 Pontiac or Impala, according to WSVN-TV. Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.

[url]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/mh-funeral-home-shooting-033112,0,4278240.story[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the person who fired the shots from the car was just defending himself/herself?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need stricter gun control, these white hispanics are on a thrill kill rampage!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4423649]We need stricter gun control, these white hispanics are on a thrill kill rampage![/QUOTE]

The gunman may of been in fear for his life, mean stares are scary compared to a bag of Skittles.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    In other news, Keith Olbermann was fired... again.

LMAO