Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Programming......

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4424334]I see the "it's not Obama's Fault, really, he's doing the best he can in a hard spot" Campaign PR has begun.

Blame Bush worked once. Why not twice?[/QUOTE]

I see this a lot with the "Oh all he does and liberals ever do is blame Bush".

But Bush was terrible and screwed up the country and we're still recovering from his Presidency. Just because it's been three and a half years we can't pretend like Iraq or cutting taxes during two wars didn't happen.

And besides Bush, whoever took the oval office in '08 would have had the massive financial meltdown on their plate at the start.

Obama has not lived up to expectations, I don't think you'll find a reasonable person that doesn't believe that. But if you pay any attention to politics, you know that the GOP in congress has been completely hostile towards compromise.

The debt ceiling crises was theatre. And we can't make any progress on the deficit because the GOP refuses to raise any taxes, when it's painfully clear that revenue needs to be raised.

The only goal of Republicans the last three and a half years was a political one.

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4424473]I see this a lot with the "Oh all he does and liberals ever do is blame Bush".

But Bush was terrible and screwed up the country and we're still recovering from his Presidency. Just because it's been three and a half years we can't pretend like Iraq or cutting taxes during two wars didn't happen.

And besides Bush, whoever took the oval office in '08 would have had the massive financial meltdown on their plate at the start.

Obama has not lived up to expectations, I don't think you'll find a reasonable person that doesn't believe that. But if you pay any attention to politics, you know that the GOP in congress has been completely hostile towards compromise.

The debt ceiling crises was theatre. And we can't make any progress on the deficit because the GOP refuses to raise any taxes, when it's painfully clear that revenue needs to be raised.

The only goal of Republicans the last three and a half years was a political one.[/QUOTE]

Who are these "people" and what do they have in common;
    James Johnson, Franklyn Raines, Janie Gorelic, Angelo muzzilo, Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, Harry Reid, Chris Dodd??????Other than the FACT that they raped the U.S. Taxpayers out of BILLIONS of course. What do they have in common?

[QUOTE=cr726;4424445]He followed through on his campaign promise, no?[/QUOTE]

He DID promise to fck us in the azz! "America is the the greatest nation in the world and with your help I'm going to change it" B.H.O

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4424334]I see the "it's not Obama's Fault, really, he's doing the best he can in a hard spot" Campaign PR has begun.

Blame Bush worked once. Why not [B]use it every day[/B]?[/QUOTE]

fixedy fix! :alien:

All League
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4424481]Who are these "people" and what do they have in common;
    James Johnson, Franklyn Raines, Janie Gorelic, Angelo muzzilo, Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, Harry Reid, Chris Dodd??????Other than the FACT that they raped the U.S. Taxpayers out of BILLIONS of course. What do they have in common?[/QUOTE]

Fannie and Freddie.

You know the '08 mess wasn't just about the failure of government, correct?

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4424956]Fannie and Freddie.

You know the '08 mess wasn't just about the failure of government, correct?[/QUOTE]

And they're ALL DEMOCRATS and are DIRECTLY responsible for the mortgage melt down that was "Bushes fault" even though he warned, repeatedly for more oversight.

So how much of where we are as a country is Bush/Cheney's fault?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4424974]So how much of where we are as a country is Bush/Cheney's fault?[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4424975]7,356.211[/QUOTE]

That's my luggage combination!

[IMG]http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2012/02/President-Skroob-Spaceballs-1328742116.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Warfish;4424975]7,356.211[/QUOTE]

7,356.211 out of a 100% ?

:spin:

All League
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4424967]And they're ALL DEMOCRATS and are DIRECTLY responsible for the mortgage melt down that was "Bushes fault" even though he warned, repeatedly for more oversight.[/QUOTE]

I never said the mortgage crises was Bush's fault.

I do count the two wars and the tax cuts though, plus the first bailout.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4424980]7,356.211 out of a 100% ?

:spin:[/QUOTE]

You never specified "out of 100%".

Not quite sure how one would assign a simple percentage value of current status onto two specific men, even men of power, in a complex system of hundreds of millions of free acting men and women, including a few hundred other men and women of power in elected office federally, and a few hundred thousand or more ine elcted office on the state and local level, compounded by the actions and activities of billions around the world, all interacting and in flux leading to the current state of affairs today.

7,356.211 seemed as good an answer to that question as any other that might be given, given that the basis of the question is not one of objective comparitive analysis, but of political biases and party-based propaganda.

However, since you've asked and now specified, I would rate the personala ctions of Bush and Cheney as comprising 0.00237515% of the current overall State of the United States of America.

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4424985]I never said the mortgage crises was Bush's fault.

I do count the two wars and the tax cuts though, plus the first bailout.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp[/url] all the dems and their intell in Wmd's and how we need to do something! from the liberal snopes.com btw as I recall the economy boomed under Bush and the tax coffers were filled. Unemployment was low UNTIL THE DEM MORTGAGE MELTDOWN. Bush, DID INDEED SPENT WAY TOO MUCH.

All League
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4425002][url]http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp[/url] all the dems and their intell in Wmd's and how we need to do something! from the liberal snopes.com btw as I recall the economy boomed under Bush and the tax coffers were filled. Unemployment was low UNTIL THE DEM MORTGAGE MELTDOWN. Bush, DID INDEED SPENT WAY TOO MUCH.[/QUOTE]

Obama was not one of those dems who supported the war or the case for WMD's, in fact he openly questioned the invasion. Also, who ran the war? Who decided that instead of building up a 6 to 1 ratio before invasion we would do it with a 1/3 of the amount of soldiers AND take Baghdad this time?

[SIZE="4"]Iraq, the mismanagement of Afghanistan and the those ridiculous tax cuts are on Bush. It matters now because we're still in Iraq, Afghanistan and still arguing about those tax cuts. So when Bush is brought up, it remains relevant. [/SIZE]

The "Dem" mortgage meltdown? Really?

[QUOTE]So who is to blame? There’s plenty of blame to go around, and it doesn’t fasten only on one party or even mainly on what Washington did or didn’t do. As The Economist magazine noted recently, the problem is one of "layered irresponsibility … with hard-working homeowners and billionaire villains each playing a role." Here’s a partial list of those alleged to be at fault:
    The Federal Reserve, which slashed interest rates after the dot-com bubble burst, making credit cheap.
    Home buyers, who took advantage of easy credit to bid up the prices of homes excessively.
    Congress, which continues to support a mortgage tax deduction that gives consumers a tax incentive to buy more expensive houses.
    Real estate agents, most of whom work for the sellers rather than the buyers and who earned higher commissions from selling more expensive homes.
    The Clinton administration, which pushed for less stringent credit and downpayment requirements for working- and middle-class families.
    Mortgage brokers, who offered less-credit-worthy home buyers subprime, adjustable rate loans with low initial payments, but exploding interest rates.
    Former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, who in 2004, near the peak of the housing bubble, encouraged Americans to take out adjustable rate mortgages.
    Wall Street firms, who paid too little attention to the quality of the risky loans that they bundled into Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS), and issued bonds using those securities as collateral.
    The Bush administration, which failed to provide needed government oversight of the increasingly dicey mortgage-backed securities market.
    An obscure accounting rule called mark-to-market, which can have the paradoxical result of making assets be worth less on paper than they are in reality during times of panic.
    Collective delusion, or a belief on the part of all parties that home prices would keep rising forever, no matter how high or how fast they had already gone up.
    The U.S. economy is enormously complicated. Screwing it up takes a great deal of cooperation. Claiming that a single piece of legislation was responsible for (or could have averted) the crisis is just political grandstanding. We have no advice to offer on how best to solve the financial crisis. But these sorts of partisan caricatures can only make the task more difficult.

[url]http://www.factcheck.org/2008/10/who-caused-the-economic-crisis/[/url]
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4425025]Obama was not one of those dems who supported the war or the case for WMD's, in fact he openly questioned the invasion. Also, who ran the war? Who decided that instead of building up a 6 to 1 ratio before invasion we would do it with a 1/3 of the amount of soldiers AND take Baghdad this time?

[SIZE="4"]Iraq, the mismanagement of Afghanistan and the those ridiculous tax cuts are on Bush. It matters now because we're still in Iraq, Afghanistan and still arguing about those tax cuts. So when Bush is brought up, it remains relevant. [/SIZE]

The "Dem" mortgage meltdown? [COLOR="Red"]Really?[[/COLOR]/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM[/url] now shutuppa you face!!!! admit your wrong and bow out gracefully. "Thanny an feddie are tholvent" Barney Thank

One other thing EVERY TIME there are tax cuts the economy booms. Ask JKF, Ronald Reagan, and Mayor Koch. The problem is, the mo money da mo spendin. IT'S A SPENDING PROBLEM!!!

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4424473]
    The only goal of Republicans the last three and a half years was a political one.[/QUOTE]

They had no power for two years of this...

You're an idiot dude...

All League
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4425050]

The "Dem" mortgage meltdown? [COLOR="Red"]Really?[[/COLOR]/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM[/url] now shutuppa you face!!!! admit your wrong and bow out gracefully. "Thanny an feddie are tholvent" Barney Thank[/QUOTE]

First you argued that I blamed Bush for the 08 crises, which was false. Here are my words:

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4424473]I see this a lot with the "Oh all he does and liberals ever do is blame Bush".

[/QUOTE]

Second you argue that the '08 crises is all the democrats fault.

Here's the same website, same page even, I just posted, that you responded to, that speaks directly to the clip you responded with:

[QUOTE][B]No, Blame the Democrats![/B]

The McCain-Palin campaign fired back with an ad laying blame on Democrats and Obama. Titled "Rein," it highlights McCain’s 2006 attempt to "rein in Fannie and Freddie." The ad accurately quotes the Washington Post as saying "Washington failed to rein in" the two government-sponsored entities, the Federal National Mortgage Association ("Fannie Mae") and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation ("Freddie Mac"), both of which ran into trouble by underwriting too many risky home mortgages to buyers who have been unable to repay them. The ad then blames Democrats for blocking McCain’s reforms. As evidence, it even offers a snippet of an interview in which former President Clinton agrees that "the responsibility that the Democrats have" might lie in resisting his own efforts to "tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." We’re then told that the crisis "didn’t have to happen."

It’s true that key Democrats opposed the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, which would have established a single, independent regulatory body with jurisdiction over Fannie and Freddie – a move that the Government Accountability Office had recommended in a 2004 report. Current House Banking Committee chairman Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts opposed legislation to reorganize oversight in 2000 (when Clinton was still president), 2003 and 2004, saying of the 2000 legislation that concern about Fannie and Freddie was "overblown." Just last summer, Senate Banking Committee chairman Chris Dodd called a Bush proposal for an independent agency to regulate the two entities "ill-advised."

But saying that Democrats killed the 2005 bill "while Mr. Obama was notably silent" oversimplifies things considerably. The bill made it out of committee in the Senate but was never brought up for consideration. At that time, Republicans had a majority in the Senate and controlled the agenda. Democrats never got the chance to vote against it or to mount a filibuster to block it.

By the time McCain signed on to the legislation, it was too late to prevent the crisis anyway. McCain added his name on May 25, 2006, when the housing bubble had already nearly peaked. Standard & Poor’s Case-Schiller Home Price Index, which measures residential housing prices in 20 metropolitan regions and then constructs a composite index for the entire United States, shows that housing prices began falling in July 2006, barely two months later.[/QUOTE]

I'm not blaming Bush for the 2008 crises. But you are blaming only Democrats for it.

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4425072]They had no power for two years of this...

You're an idiot dude...[/QUOTE]

I wonder if sh*tty posters know they're sh*tty posters?

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4425149]First you argued that I blamed Bush for the 08 crises, which was false. Here are my words:

Second you argue that the '08 crises is all the democrats fault.

Here's the same website, same page even, I just posted, that you responded to, that speaks directly to the clip you responded with:

I'm not blaming Bush for the 2008 crises. But you are blaming only Democrats for it.

I wonder if sh*tty posters know they're sh*tty posters?[/QUOTE]

The "Dem" mortgage meltdown? Really? YES REALLY!!!
    Once again a liberal idea gone awry. REDISTRIBUTION!!! Minority's that can't pay their rent are GIVEN 125% loans on already inflated home values. What could possibly go wrong??
    Btw, want to see another great liberal idea and greaseless violation of our collective anal cavities, aside from the green movement? look up the Pigford settlement. Ain't liberalism grand.

All League
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4425166]The "Dem" mortgage meltdown? Really? YES REALLY!!!
    Once again a liberal idea gone awry. REDISTRIBUTION!!! Minority's that can't pay their rent are GIVEN 125% loans on already inflated home values. What could possibly go wrong??
    Btw, want to see another great liberal idea and greaseless violation of our collective anal cavities, aside from the green movement? look up the Pigford settlement. Ain't liberalism grand.[/QUOTE]

Have you read any of the information I've provided so far?