Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Masters ... who will win?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I'm for Boom Boom since college in 87', so I'll say Jason Day.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4429693]Have to agree, though it makes watching him struggle (and without class and maturity:rolleyes:) even sweeter.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I also like watching him sign autographs for people now. He's a total phony. He never signed autographs before and now that he is trying to regain his image, his PR people probably told him it was a necessary evil.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4429712]Yeah, I also like watching him sign autographs for people now. He's a total phony. He never signed autographs before and now that he is trying to regain his image, his PR people probably told him it was a necessary evil.[/QUOTE]

not to mention he isn't staring at the ground and scowling as we walks through the gallery. saw him make semi-eye contact yesterday with the crowd - though he did look mildly repulsed.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4429693]What...are you an expert?

:D;)
    [/QUOTE]

I am an expert on golf as the Zamboni driver is to hockey. :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4429724]not to mention he isn't staring at the ground and scowling as we walks through the gallery. saw him make semi-eye contact yesterday with the crowd - though he did look mildly repulsed.[/QUOTE]

When he walked off the 18th yesterday and through a crowd of people towards the clubhouse, fans were holding out their hand for high fives. He kept his eyes to the ground but charitably stuck out his wrist/bottom of forearm, so the unwashed masses could sort of graze his arm.

Hall Of Fame
    How cool would it be to see Freddie win it again?

_

Henril Stenson was 5 under par going into the 18th hole on Thursday, & he took an 8!!! To put in perspective, there have only been SEVEN "8"'s scored on the 18th hole in Masters history...Nick Faldo was apopleptic...how in the world can a professional golfer take an 8 with no water on the hole?? Epic collapse, even if it was just the first day...here it is for those who are int'd:

[url]http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2012/4/5/2928434/henrik-stenson-18th-hole-video-the-masters[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4429736]How cool would it be to see Freddie win it again?

_[/QUOTE]

It would be amazing -- one for the ages.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4429741]It would be amazing -- one for the ages.[/QUOTE]

I remember watching Jack win it at 46 in 1986. Still the oldest winner IRRC.

Go Boom Boom.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4429741]It would be amazing -- one for the ages.[/QUOTE]

Kind of like Jack in 86.

Couples seems like the anti-Woodsdoosh, laid back, beer drinking fun guy.

A guy who gets what an incredible life he's been given.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4429749]Kind of like Jack in 86.

_[/QUOTE]

Definitely the anti-Woods. In Freddie's post-game interview yesterday he spoke about how Augusta is like a walk in the park for him; it's beautiful, with lakes and trees, and steeped in tradition. He said something real interesting: he couldn't call it his favorite golf course if he broke a club over his knee by the 4th hole. Even his golf swing is demonstrable of his temperament: loose and languid, as if he didn't have a care in the world.

I hope he has a great weekend.

Jets Insider VIP
    Donnt know why Sir Nick was so angry.....Ive taken lotsa 8s

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;4429788]Donnt know why Sir Nick was so angry.....Ive taken lotsa 8s

[/QUOTE]

... lol, me too ... when that is the max number allowed :cool: ...

l_j_r

Online coverage of Masters is excellent. Yesterday I just left it on Amen Corner - and all the players played through.

And I saw Tiger kick a club yesterday. It is impossible for me to root for that douche.

A weekend hack gets to curse and dramatically drop his club. But when he turns around kicks the club - he's just being a f'ing baby. No one else on the tour does that stuff.

While he's done for golf what Babe Ruth did for baseball, it sure is easy to root against him.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sackdance;4429882]Online coverage of Masters is excellent. Yesterday I just left it on Amen Corner - and all the players played through.

And I saw Tiger kick a club yesterday. It is impossible for me to root for that douche.

A weekend hack gets to curse and dramatically drop his club. But when he turns around kicks the club - he's just being a f'ing baby. No one else on the tour does that stuff.

While he's done for golf what Babe Ruth did for baseball, it sure is easy to root against him.[/QUOTE]

+1

I've never seen anyone kick a club before, and if I have then I don't remember it. If ESPN had any balls they'd talk about that, instead of having the back-slapping sycophant Tom Rinaldi lob softballs at him after his round.

Jets Insider VIP
    ESPN is a joke that way. Nobody there ever has the balls to ask any tough questions to Tiger the same way they neveR asked them to Jordan.

All of them are too busy getting down on their knees to suck Tiger's dick so they can act like he's their friend.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4429749]Kind of like Jack in 86.

_[/QUOTE]

We lived in Sawgrass back in the late 70's. George Brett also had a place their. He and Freddie are/where friends. When George hit the 3000 hit mark Fredie filled his garage with 3000 golfballs. Told me all I needed to know about Boom Boom. Been a fan ever since.

[QUOTE=crossfire;4429896]ESPN is a joke that way. Nobody there ever has the balls to ask any tough questions to Tiger the same way they neveR asked them to Jordan.

All of them are[B] too busy getting down on their knees to suck Tiger's dick so they can act like he's their friend[/B].[/QUOTE]

I thought that was what started the decline:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=crossfire;4429728]I am an expert on golf as the Zamboni driver is to hockey. :D[/QUOTE]

Lmao...... Perfect.

-

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... how'd none of us pick lefty? ... playing great right now ...

l_j_r