Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Masters ... who will win?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

The Masters ... who will win?

Love this golf tournament. Now, I can see Tiger winning, but I don't want to pick him. I am keeping my eye on three guys: Keegan Bradley, Angel Cabrera and, wait for it, Ross Fisher. I say Bradley gets the green jacket! Cabrera is the runner up. Tiger T4th. Phil 7th. Rory McIlroy 10th.

who ya got?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunter Mahan breaks through. He's the best driver on tour and is playing very well right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rory Mac

Wins going away

Lefty second

Tiger not in the mix on Sun

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rory 10th,,, what crack pipe you have, home grown or store bought.

I will cut and paist a clip from the article I just read, "In his last 12 tournaments, McIlroy finished third or better eight times, including two wins and a brief stay at No. 1 in the world".

This kid is not Phil M, he does not choke. I am not saying he wins, but 10th is an absurd opinion,,,,, but ok, your allowed one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rory doesn't choke? What happened at last year's Masters then?

Pressure can get to anyone. Everyone chokes on occasion.

And if I had to pick one guy, it would Rory. He's been locked in and I'm not all that concerned about the time off.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There will be a repeat winner this year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Pro arena sports? This thread needs better billing; the Masters is in the Top 3 of Great Sporting Events.

I always think it's nearly impossible to pick golf tournaments. Anything can happen, and anyone can truly win.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's not like I sat down for 10 hours and picked the whole field's order of finish. I just think there are a lot of guys playing really well right now -- like Bradley and Mahan, a few others. McIlroy 10th is not an "absurd opinion." I mean over the past 2 years, McIlroy has finished outside the top 10 more than he has finished inside. it's impossible to pick. But I do think Rory is among the top 3 players in the world.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The weather makes this a wide open tournament. The advantage the vets had is basically gone thanks to the 2 inches of rain over the past couple of days and the prospect for more today and tomorrow. I still like the chances of seeing Tiger, Rory and Phil all in contention on Sunday. I think Rory wins.
    People forget that entering Sunday last year Rory had a good chance at Tiger's tourney record of 270. I think he needed a 6 under. The way he bounced back at the US Open was great to watch. He's got unfinished business at Augusta.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SINYJets;4427837]The weather makes this a wide open tournament. The advantage the vets had is basically gone thanks to the 2 inches of rain over the past couple of days and the prospect for more today and tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yep, there's some gnarly weather heading through here today.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;4427840]Yep, there's some gnarly weather heading through here today.[/QUOTE]

Masters Sunday is one of the best days. Not interested in Masters Monday. rain stay away. ... unlikely though

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Phil Mickelson drunk?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never cared for Tiger Woods before, but ever since that media storm I've been rooting for the f-cker. Is that bad? Though I'll always root for the lads from Northern Ireland.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WWTD#15;4428564]Never cared for Tiger Woods before, but ever since that media storm I've been rooting for the f-cker. Is that bad? Though I'll always root for the lads from Northern Ireland.[/QUOTE]

Eldrick was a douche before and he always will be. With the exception of Rory Sabbatini, I'd rather see anyone else on tour win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4428588]Eldrick was a douche before and he always will be. With the exception of Rory Sabbatini, I'd rather see anyone else on tour win.[/QUOTE]

The announcing gang was in typical form yesterday. Eldick the overrated was described all afternoon as having an excellent first round in the hunt. Rory was described all afternoon as being off his game and frustrated.

Of course Rory ended up one stroke ahead of Eldick

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fred Couples squeaks in to 5th place. Or even tied for 5th place. Take it to the bank.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... i'll go with Bubba watson ... cool name :cool: ...

l_j_r

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WWTD#15;4428564]Never cared for Tiger Woods before, but ever since that media storm I've been rooting for the f-cker. Is that bad? Though I'll always root for the lads from Northern Ireland.[/QUOTE]

OK - question.....Match Play - 18 holes, straight up. Who wins:

Tiger or

Tebow?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4428744]... i'll go with Bubba watson ... cool name :cool: ...
    l_j_r[/QUOTE]

Did you see his drive on the 15th? He takes a big hack and really pulls it. You hear the audio:

"Oh Shoot.......Killed it though!"

If Bubba says he killed it, we're talkin' about 350.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know they are all several shots back at this point but I am going with either McIlroy, Watson or Kuchar to win.