Thread: The Leader of the Party of Tolerence in the City of Power

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

The Leader of the Party of Tolerence in the City of Power

[QUOTE]Former D.C. Mayor Marion Barry is once again attracting the wrong kind of attention, after he used his election-night victory speech to decry Asian-owned stores.

"We've got to do something about these Asians coming in, opening up businesses -- those dirty shops," Barry said Tuesday night, after winning the Democratic primary for the city's Ward 8 seat and effectively securing a third council term.

Barry went on to say: "They ought to go. I'll just say that right now, you know. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too."

Barry, a mainstay of D.C. politics who has held positions of power in the District since the 1970s, has drifted in and out of controversy since returning to public office following his 1990 drug arrest.

After returning to serve a fourth term as mayor, he was elected to the Ward 8 seat in 2004. He has repeatedly run into drug and tax problems during his latest tenure in office.[/QUOTE]

So, anyone want to talk about personal responsabillity in who people choose to elect to represent them?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4427972]So, anyone want to talk about personal responsabillity in who people choose to elect to represent them?[/QUOTE]

Cocaine is a helluva drug. Reminds me of Reggie White's hysterically non-pc (some would say bigoted) speech to the Wisconsin state legislature years ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was channeling JungleShiftJet :P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are black-owned businesses better than Asian? Better prices?

I'm so tired of dumb **** like this... :mad:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all candor here Warfish, what do you expect fron the people of that area?
    Responsibility? They wanted to put back a black crook and bum who was once wronged by the white man.
    His comments on Asians are bizarre. Blacks should be as law abiding as Asians. And as well educated.
    BTW, for the record, my Congressman for whom I voted, is black. Of course he's a Republican. Only two in the House.
    Extreme rhetoric is not acceptable. That's why I am anti Santorum. (Who is toast).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I didn't see that you posted this. I did, however post a video of the esteemed former mayor, Sorry PK no crack and hookers fo yo veiwin pleasure:mad:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4428068] Sorry PK no crack and hookers fo yo veiwin pleasure:mad:[/QUOTE]

That's what I have your FB page bookmarked for :P:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mind boggling that this guy continues to get elected.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be so shocked.