Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Goodwin on Obama....

Michael Goodwin on Obama....

The syndicated columnist Michael Goodwin wrote an excellent piece today on how nasty Obama gets when something doesn't go his way. To sum it up, our Prez is a d**sh-bag.

[url]http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/obama_supreme_arrogance_bares_his_EB4pJ4ZRrnZGD5tDc6K7SI[/url]

Symptoms
    By Mayo Clinic staff

Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, which is in the same category as antisocial and borderline personality disorders.

Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:

Believing that you're better than others
    Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
    Exaggerating your achievements or talents
    Expecting constant praise and admiration
    Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
    Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
    Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
    Taking advantage of others
    Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
    Being jealous of others
    Believing that others are jealous of you
    Trouble keeping healthy relationships
    Setting unrealistic goals
    Being easily hurt and rejected
    Having a fragile self-esteem
    Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional

Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence or strong self-esteem, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence and self-esteem into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal. In contrast, people who have healthy confidence and self-esteem don't value themselves more than they value others.

When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may have a sense of entitlement. And when you don't receive the special treatment to which you feel entitled, you may become very impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything the best car, athletic club, medical care or social circles, for instance.

But underneath all this behavior often lies a fragile self-esteem. You have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have a sense of secret shame and humiliation. And in order to make yourself feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and efforts to belittle the other person to make yourself appear better.

When to see a doctor
    When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may not want to think that anything could be wrong doing so wouldn't fit with your self-image of power and perfection. But by definition, a narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of your life, such as relationships, work, school or your financial affairs. You may be generally unhappy and confused by a mix of seemingly contradictory emotions. Others may not enjoy being around you, and you may find your relationships unfulfilling.

If you notice any of these problems in your life, consider reaching out to a trusted doctor or mental health provider. Getting the right treatment can help make your life more rewarding and enjoyable.
    Causes Definition

See Also
    Personality disorders

References
    DS00652 Nov. 4, 2011

1998-2012 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved. A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.com," "EmbodyHealth," "Enhance your life," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.

Reprints
    Print

S

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes.

Because Romney, Gingrich and Santorum AREN'T narcissists either.

Hate to break it to you two...but ALL politicians are narcissists. The ones that aren't don't win re-election.

This:

[QUOTE]Believing that you're better than others
    Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
    Exaggerating your achievements or talents
    Expecting constant praise and admiration
    Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
    Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
    Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
    Taking advantage of others
    Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
    Being jealous of others
    Believing that others are jealous of you
    Trouble keeping healthy relationships
    Setting unrealistic goals
    Being easily hurt and rejected
    Having a fragile self-esteem
    Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional
    [/QUOTE]

All of it applies to any candidate that has run for president.

Nice try.

You guys might have had a shot at winning had you not tried to nominate those......things......that are leading in your......polls.

All Pro
    Speaking of f*ckups, noone has f*cked up more than B.Hussein and (D) but the same dopes will just enable them anyway....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4429713]Speaking of f*ckups, noone has f*cked up more than B.Hussein and (D) but the same dopes will just enable them anyway....[/QUOTE]

+1

Can't believe that Republican dopes are gonna enable the Muslim community organizer once again. If only they would nominate a normal candidate instead of the automatons they've managed to nominate so far.

2008 all over again. Managing to have a decorated vet lose to a Muslim while in a time of war because of the parties fringe. You betcha!

Sent from my Anus using TapewormTalk

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4429726]
    2008 all over again. Managing to have a decorated vet lose to a Muslim while in a time of war because of the parties fringe. You betcha!
    [/QUOTE]

I'll never get this one PK...someone who was fooled into voting for an incompetent, unqualified and disastrous president laughing at voters on the other side? Seems kinda backwards.

GOP could have run the reincarnation of Reagan and they weren't winning that election. Not after 8 years of GWB, and not with the media/DNC (sorry to be redundant) doing such an incredible job driving the substanceless-yet-awesome cult of personality that was Obama in 2008.

Now that it's clear that the emperor has no clothes, and he actually has a track record (LOLOLOLOL) to run on (as much as he's going to try to run away from it/lie about it), McCain could probably beat him in '012.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4429792]I'll never get this one PK...someone who was fooled into voting for an incompetent, unqualified and disastrous president laughing at voters on the other side? Seems kinda backwards.

GOP could have run the reincarnation of Reagan and they weren't winning that election. Not after 8 years of GWB, and not with the media/DNC (sorry to be redundant) doing such an incredible job driving the substanceless-yet-awesome cult of personality that was Obama in 2008.

Now that it's clear that the emperor has no clothes, and he actually has a track record (LOLOLOLOL) to run on (as much as he's going to try to run away from it/lie about it), McCain could probably beat him in '012.[/QUOTE]

Yet the GOP doesn't have someone like McCain running. Not even close. As incompetent as Barry is...the GOP machine is worse.

Reagan wouldn't be able to win a GOP nomination today, the Tea Party would be out to destroy him. You all them Tea Partiers!!!!

[QUOTE=shakin318;4429792]I'll never get this one PK...someone who was fooled into voting for an incompetent, unqualified and disastrous president laughing at voters on the other side? Seems kinda backwards.

Now that it's clear that the emperor has no clothes, and he actually has a track record (LOLOLOLOL) to run on (as much as he's going to try to run away from it/lie about it), McCain could probably beat him in '012.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP

Of course the Pubs could have beat Obama in 2008. It wasn't a landslide victory for Obama. He barely won.

I know it comes off as harsh, but the main problem with the Pubs are the Jesus Freaks. Lose the Jesus Freaks and they'll win elections from now until the 3008 election.

Sent from my Anus using TapewormTalk

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4429726]+1

Can't believe that Republican dopes are gonna enable the Muslim community organizer once again. If only they would nominate a normal candidate instead of the automatons they've managed to nominate so far.

Sent from my Anus using TapewormTalk[/QUOTE]

uh, the enablers are the dopes who voted for 0 or for losers like Bob Barr or just stayed home like fools last go-round

Nice try with the backhand compliment towards McCain, like you care that he's "a decorated vet"...all you did was kill him every chance you could as in:

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2828595&postcount=6[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4429994]uh, the enablers are the dopes who voted for 0 or for losers like Bob Barr or just stayed home like fools last go-round[/QUOTE]

You couldn't be further from the truth.

Nominate a normal person and see how many "dopes" who don't vote for "0".

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4430225]You couldn't be further from the truth.

Nominate a normal person and see how many "dopes" who don't vote for "0".[/QUOTE]

What do you know about normalcy? :dunno:

Harry Reid the normal Mormon crook that no one knocks in the MSM because he's a Democrat? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4429994]Nice try with the backhand compliment towards McCain, like you care that he's "a decorated vet"...all you did was kill him every chance you could as in:

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2828595&postcount=6[/url][/QUOTE]
    [I]"The Maverick" is back - and as harmless as ever. So let's blow smoke up his a$s and remember him as Obama's valient foe, a "decorated vet" who might have won were it not for Sarah Palin (conservative b*tch). [/I]

Obama's inauguration doubled as celebratory eulogy for the "anti-war" movement. He even got a Nobel Peace prize.

Not that wars ended or anything.

And Guantanamo is about controversial as Fort Sill. No change there and near total silence from the left - who apparently never gave a sh*t about the military detention center in the first place.

And PK, you're as predictable as the right-wingers people you mock - and far more hypocritical.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4430247]And PK, you're as predictable as the right-wingers people you mock - and far more hypocritical.[/QUOTE]

Sure.

And the Republicans losing to Obama was like the Jets losing to Oakland last year. You know they suck, but you still lost. And instead of thinking that the loss was your fault, you fault the voters.

Suit yourselves. The same people here guaranteeing a Pub victory were the same people who guaranteed that an "Obama Nomination = McCain victory"

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4430286]Sure.

And the Republicans losing to Obama was like the Jets losing to Oakland last year. You know they suck, but you still lost. And instead of thinking that the loss was your fault, you fault the voters.

Suit yourselves. The same people here guaranteeing a Pub victory were the same people who guaranteed that an "Obama Nomination = McCain victory"[/QUOTE]

Assumptions and generalizations are the awesome! If you do not talk to anyone besides the people who think they way you do, it's easy! Ignorance is bliss!
    Instead of trying to listen to what the others say, you tell them they are not as smart as the knowing, if you're wrong, they are too dumb to know any better.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4430286] the same people who guaranteed that an "Obama Nomination = McCain victory"[/QUOTE]
    What? Who in the world was saying that?

Shakin already addressed this perfectly, but all vested Republicans could do in 2008 was hope to win. Post-Katrina, the party change in the White House was inevitable and I think everyone sensed it miles before the finish line.

You're inventing narratives in this thread. Huge LOL at those people who just knew McCain's win was sealed with the Obama nomination.

There isn't a poll or party approval result from the time that even begins to support your imaginative memory, PK. And the only time the GOP got sense of excitement, the kind that was actually registered in polling, was when Palin was nominated as VP. It was absolutely McCain's only strong move since he grabbed the nomination.

And I was on record as an 'anybody but McCain'. He was too well liked by a media that turned out to be as snakelike as their preceding reputation.

The only thing I liked about him, and not only in relation to the Democrats but also his Republican opponents, was how he was resolute about the surge in Iraq despite it being politically expedient not to be. Romney, like everyone else except for George Bush, came up short there.

I think Obama has alienated a lot of help he's going to need to get re-elected. And I can't figure out which recent comments of his were more stupid: the ones on constitutionality or the sending of sentiments to Vlad.

If a Republican was malfunctioning that bad all we'd hear on ABC/NBC/CBS, etc. would be stories wondering aloud if the president would drop out of the race.

Romney is a man who dots the i's and crosses his t's. With all the material Obama has given him ... woof. I think a GOP landslide is quite plausible.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4430458]What? Who in the world was saying that?

Shakin already addressed this perfectly, but all vested Republicans could do in 2008 was hope to win. Post-Katrina, the party change in the White House was inevitable and I think everyone sensed it miles before the finish line.

You're inventing narratives in this thread. Huge LOL at those people who just knew McCain's win was sealed with the Obama nomination.

There isn't a poll or party approval result from the time that even begins to support your imaginative memory, PK. And the only time the GOP got sense of excitement, the kind that was actually registered in polling, was when Palin was nominated as VP. It was absolutely McCain's only strong move since he grabbed the nomination.

And I was on record as an 'anybody but McCain'. He was too well liked by a media that turned out to be as snakelike as their preceding reputation.

The only thing I liked about him, and not only in relation to the Democrats but also his Republican opponents, was how he was resolute about the surge in Iraq despite it being politically expedient not to be. Romney, like everyone else except for George Bush, came up short there.

I think Obama has alienated a lot of help he's going to need to get re-elected. And I can't figure out which recent comments of his were more stupid: the ones on constitutionality or the sending of sentiments to Vlad.

If a Republican was malfunctioning that bad all we'd hear on ABC/NBC/CBS, etc. would be stories wondering aloud if the president would drop out of the race.

Romney is a man who dots the i's and crosses his t's. With all the material Obama has given him ... woof. I think a GOP landslide is quite plausible.[/QUOTE]

I thought McCain would torch Obama...the media's refusal to properly vet the amateur thug has seriously hurt our country- that, along with Lehman's collapse put the Manchurian candidatein the White House...i'll never forget the sick feeling I had watching Obama bro-hug Jamie Foxx before his inauguration speech (which sucked btw)- I agree, Sackdance..there's a great chance that Obama gets booted out of office in a sweeping victory for Romney, while The Republicans maintain control of the House AND take the Senate. There will be a week-long party if that comes to fruition!

[QUOTE=Tucker134;4430524]I thought McCain would torch Obama...the media's refusal to properly vet the amateur thug has seriously hurt our country- that, along with Lehman's collapse put the Manchurian candidatein the White House...i'll never forget the sick feeling I had watching Obama bro-hug Jamie Foxx before his inauguration speech (which sucked btw)- I agree, Sackdance..there's a great chance that Obama gets booted out of office in a sweeping victory for Romney, while The Republicans maintain control of the House AND take the Senate. There will be a week-long party if that comes to fruition![/QUOTE]

My favorite was Jay Z (pos) singing Fck George Bush at Mr. O's inauguration. Nothing but class form The Obama's since they soiled the White House.

[QUOTE=acepepe;4430547]My favorite was Jay Z (pos) singing Fck George Bush at Mr. O's inauguration. Nothing but class form The Obama's since they soiled the White House.[/QUOTE]

jeeez I never knew about that- though nothing surprises me about this White House..Michelle's vacations & O's nonstop golf also come to mind when I think about the laughably hypocritical Obama's....

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4429713]Speaking of f*ckups, noone has f*cked up more than B.Hussein and (D) but the same dopes will just enable them anyway....[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, let's just hope this time around enough dopes have wisened up since 2008. We only need about 5% of 2008 Obozo voters to vote against him this time in states like Ohio, NC, MI and PA and he's GOD WILLING gone.

Whatever states he wins--- I will never spend another dime in those states again, and I will do everything I can to avoid ever stepping foot in them again.

Thats how disgusting Obama is and it makes me sick to no end that people actually can't, or won't see it.