Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dunno how JI feels about incarceratedbob, but he says Sanchez is on trade block.

Veteran
    Please, please dont be true

Inc Bob=money in the bank.

Haven't been this sure since Leaf over Manning.

Sanchez to Arizona?

For Kolb and a defensive player?

god i hope we dont trade him

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    When you make up a million false reports, you get lucky and one of them is right.
    This.

please dump this thread. Anything posted by Incarcerated Fraud is NOT newsworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    He had Manning to the Broncos, Tebow to the Jets, Mario Williams to the Bills before any bigger names like Schefter broke the stories.

Part of me feel like he uses ambivalent wording and puts out educated guesses.
    I believe Shefter had the jets interested in Tebow before anyone. Incar boob takes guesses on signings after other media people report the initial stories/interest
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-07-2012 at 05:13 PM.

I can't believe we're on the 3rd page of this thread and no one has mentioned that it's almost impossible for us to trade Sanchez.

Not an opinion, a fact. It doesn't work under the cap.

$13M of bonus money accelerates onto this year's cap if we trade him. If they planned on moving him, they wouldn't have extended him. The extension made him next to untradeable.

All Pro
    1. We just re-signed the guy. Would they change course that fast? Seems unlikely at best.

2. Can't get decent value for him. 4th round pick maybe (without contract issues)? Worth more to us to see if he pans out in his fourth year.

3. Contract issues make it awfully tough.
    Last edited by RIJetFan; 04-07-2012 at 05:55 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I can't believe we're on the 3rd page of this thread and no one has mentioned that it's almost impossible for us to trade Sanchez.

$13M of bonus money accelerates onto this year's cap if we trade him. If they planned on moving him, they wouldn't have extended him. The extension made him next to untradeable.
    Thank you for providing this little nugget of reality to the insanity that this tread is. It is contractually IMPOSSIBLE for the Jets to trade Mark Sanchez, even if there was a team certifiably insane enough to take on $20MM of guaranteed money AND give the Jets a draft pick....ANY draft pick

Veteran
    He is saying Sanchez has asked to be traded and Rex said ok, now that is a little more believable. Still won't get traded tho

Again,.

For the Jets to trade Sanchez before June 1, the Jets would have to drop another $8.5 in salary (based on Jason's cap page)... and this would not include signing draft picks. More realistically, the Jets would need to find an extra $13M in cash to get rid of Sanchez.

For anyone who thinks this is a possibility, read that again.

THE JETS WOULD HAVE TO FIND $13M IN CAP ROOM TO DEAL SANCHEZ FOR A 3RD ROUND PICK

THere is, quite literally, no upside for the Jets trading Tebow for a draft pick. Even if Tebow was Matthew Stafford, there would be no upside for the Jets to trade Sanchez for a draft pick

The options

Current Jets +3rd Round Pick

OR

Current Jets - Sanchez - $13M Salary (Either major contract adjustments, or cutting Keller, Dustin, DeVito, Mike, Moore, Brandon, Smith, Eric, Landry, Laron, Tebow, Tim, Slauson, Matt, Maybin, Aaron, Pitoitua, Ropati)

Even if Tebow turns into Steve Young a trade of Sanchez doesn't benefit the Jets.

Most likely Incarcerated Bob did not realize this when he was making **** up. Because even those who hate Tannenbaum don't believe that he would make a deal that would require the Jets to either mortgage their future badly or cut 5 more starters.

I did mention that earlier

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    He is saying Sanchez has asked to be traded and Rex said ok, now that is a little more believable. Still won't get traded tho
    And I'm saying he's full of sh-t. Show me an actual ARTICLE that discusses Mark "asking to be traded" and I'll believe this clown. Otherwise, GTFO BOB!!!!

Jets Insider VIP

Because it gives Tebow whiners something else to whine about.

Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    Anything is possible guys. Look at the history of this team. Never say never. Maybe Rex saw so much regression in Sanchez he wants him gone. Go a season with Tebow and take it from there. Who knows?
    well we can always look foward to the draft again.ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    1. We just re-signed the guy. Would they change course that fast? Seems unlikely at best.

2. Can't get decent value for him. 4th round pick maybe (without contract issues)? Worth more to us to see if he pans out in his fourth year.

3. Contract issues make it awfully tough.
    Didnt the NYJETS also SIGN Drew Stanton as the backup QB and days later sign Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    why not.I am sure that sanchez is not a happy camper.all the negativaties amongst the players.are pointed towards sanchez.maybe new surroundings would do him good.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    why not.I am sure that sanchez is not a happy camper.all the negativaties amongst the players.are pointed towards sanchez.maybe new surroundings would do him good.
    Because of all the money that is owed him, that's why

This is false, the jets don't have enough cap room to trade him. he has a SB of over 3 mill a year with 4 years to go. That is 12 mill dollars to be absorbed in this years cap.

sorry posted before reading this last page.

How much longer before one of the mods sends this to the DUMP?