Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been gone a while, came back after hearing about Sanchez on trade block

Hall Of Fame

Angry Been gone a while, came back after hearing about Sanchez on trade block

and there is no thread already on the whole Sanchez on the trading block for 3rd rounder or better? are we not allowed to discuss it here? I realize it's from IBob and lots of haters/doubters out there so take it with a grain of salt, but the guy seems to be right a decent chunk of the time (including Terribow/TBlow to the Jets) so I do still listen, especially re: Jets

Here I have filtered through all his NBA/NCAA/Golf/MLB crap and picked up Jets/Sanchez related IBob tweets:

3/31
    Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob
    @VenTdANiNjA My prediction is Tebow starter week 1 (Sanchez traded before season)

4/6
    Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob Close
    **NFL UPDATED RUMOR**Source: Jets shopping Mark Sanchez (HARD) so far minimal interest nobody biting yet. Source confirms Rex wants him gone

@DBYankees1 Contract Extension was done for publicity after Manning told Rex & the Jets 2go **** themselves.Tebow trade came out of the blue

Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob Reply Favorite Open
    This Tweet is4 #MORONS who have trouble comprehending Tweets.. Jets have made Sanchez AVAILABLE if a team offers a 3rd or better he's gone!

Yeah we got them #*****es up now (Scrambling) yes "MARK SANCHEZ" is on the Block! Jets would trade his ass in a NY Minute if a team bites

@MarkyMarcWQAM Rex wants straight ground n pound also knows it will be a nightmare with fans chanting4 Tebow after the 1st series of game1

RT: @yankeesFan1389 @incarceratedbob when do you think a trade happens? < As i stated earlier, if Jets get right offer Sanchez gone. If not

@AggressiveNews @incarceratedbob Dude I trust u but what are possibilities he's really gone?< IF JETS GET AN OFFER (3RD OR BETTER) HES GONE!

RT: @ErikDonchez @incarceratedbob some1 keeps saying Jets denying this rumor,cant find anything on it. < U really think they would admit it?

4/7
    @patguth321 If Jets get (At least a 3rd or better offer) Sanchez is 110% gone.. Jets shopping him quietly for about 5days. No offers yet

@rmm288 Once again, NO TEAMS have bitten on Sanchez.. Some people can't grasp what the meaning of "SHOPPING" a player is..

@Polsky34 Forte is another player being shopped, as i reported earlier, if Bears get the right offer he will be dealt. Pats still in it

@rmm288 Browns like Tannehill i doubt they take chance on Sanchez -- If any team gets involved i expect it to be a West Coast team

More Added Games: Week1 9/9/2012 Seahawks @ Bills FOX 1:00 PM Dolphins @ Jets CBS 1:00 PM

Week 9 : Chiefs @ Chargers CBS 4:15 Jets @ Steelers NBC 8:20 PM Eagles @ Browns ESPN 8:30 PM

RT: @scudjackson @incarceratedbob do you know who the bills are playing when they come to toronto? Bills vs Jets in Toronto "Week 15" 1:00PM

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: NY Jets source has confirmed "MARK SANCHEZ" has quietly asked to be moved! Once again Mark Sanchez wants OUT!

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source:The puzzle is starting to come together (Source indicates Sanchez would not be opposed 2being moved) Rex says OK

@JoeMoney1188 Just because Mark Sanchez wants OUT does not mean another team wants him.. Keep that in mind, also Jets want at least a 3rd

@Haitian_Drizzy Nobody wants a lame duck QB that everyone knows will not be starting if he stays with the Jets by Week 6 : So a 3rd is fair

Robert McCann ‏ @RmcCaNn20 Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    @incarceratedbob what would you say of having Sanchez come to buffalo to compete with fitz for the starting job?

Colin Daniels ‏ @southstands303 Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    Yesterday @incarceratedbob said the Jets were shopping Sanchez - today we hear from @DINOCOSTA that Minnesota is interested.

@Schnowzerz Sanchez is not "GUARANTEED" to be leaving the Jets - He wants out / Jets will search for a team (Nothing done or close yet)

#IBNGoonSquad Some "Clown" named Dino is now using my Sanchez #TradeBlock story.. only a matter of time until Media#Hacks started circling

@Millertime821 Jets have spoken to multiple teams.. Nobody biting on Sanchez yet.

4/8
    @eskay77 Nothing on Mark Sanchez yet.. He's available if somebody wants him

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Jets have officially received an offer from a NFC TEAM on Mark Sanchez (4th Rd Pick) no response from Jets yet

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Jets are getting nibbles on Sanchez from an undisclosed NFC team-As #IBN reported 3days ago. Mark very avail)

@MrJoeArt Same source who gave me the Jets trading for Tebow (4thRd Pick) about 24hours before any media had a clue.. That's my source!

@tylerneadle Jets wanted a 3rd rd pick doesn't mean teams will offer what Jets want (So far only a 4th has been offered) more talks going on

@hozboy Nobody will offer 1st for Sanchez if they did , Rex would piggyback him to the destination

@iRepCleveland @bjabramsjr No word on team, Source says NFC club offered a 4th in the past 12 hours #Sanchez (Jets have not responded yet)

4/9
    @MartyAbe I really have no problem with Sanchez, but i think Tebow's shadow is way 2much for him 2deal with. He sulks already so imagine now

@welliver724 If Jets get a 3rd pick offer i think Sanchez is gone before or during draft day(s)

Check the dump.

Hall Of Fame
    I hate Woody Johnson and I see him behind the Favre move/firing Chad, Peyton Manning attempt, trading for Terribow etc

I was super disgusted with the trade for Terribow, but I could stomach it if they stuck with him as WC QB, backup only, H-back/punt team/etc too... but if they do get rid of the only legit QB we have on the roster, I will sell my green & white and pick up some black & gold

I'm pissed

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Reed View Post
    Check the dump.
    sorry about that been a while, thought it was crazy no thread here on it... just got so irate when I stumbled across these tidbits that I had to come back to JI to rant about it

All League
    Incarcerated Bob

Quote Originally Posted by King Ryan View Post
    sorry about that been a while, thought it was crazy no thread here on it... just got so irate when I stumbled across these tidbits that I had to come back to JI to rant about it
    I would not be at all surprised if Sanchez has asked out, and I would not be shocked if the Jets accomodate his request.

Pissed, but not shocked.

Hall Of Fame
    Check the dump.
    ok I found the dump:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

threads all over the place there (my fault, I only searched main board), very sorry Mods! I am disgusted so I hope you don't mind moving yet another trade block thread

I don't understand how anyone could get upset by made up lies.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    it helps that I'm still super pissed about wasting draft picks on Terribow

I would not be at all surprised if Sanchez has asked out, and I would not be shocked if the Jets accomodate his request.

Pissed, but not shocked.
    Agreed.

I don't buy it..But, if the Jets trade Sanchez, then Rex is even dumber than his dad. Great defensive coaches but cannot win the big game as a head coach. Sanchex has won more playoff games than any Jets QB ever! Tebow is NOT a starting NFL QB. Maybe if the jets had the 86 Bears defense. But THEY DONT!

What exactly are the salary cap implications?

I've seen people post on here that the Jets would take a $13 million cap hit this season if they trade Sanchez.

Is that in addition to the $11 million Sanchez is already taking up? (Meaning $24 million total)

Or, is it $13 million total, meaning an incremental $2 million?

Because, if it's the latter, he's going to be traded.

What exactly are the salary cap implications?

I've seen people post on here that the Jets would take a $13 million cap hit this season if they trade Sanchez.

Is that in addition to the $11 million Sanchez is already taking up? (Meaning $24 million total)

Or, is it $13 million total, meaning an incremental $2 million?

Because, if it's the latter, he's going to be traded.
    I think it all depends on what the team hes being traded to is willing to absorb. No way in hell Rex is that stupid to go into the season with Tebow as the starting QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    It's the American way

Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    I think it all depends on what the team hes being traded to is willing to absorb. No way in hell Rex is that stupid to go into the season with Tebow as the starting QB.
    No, in football another team cannot "absorb" anything for salary cap reasons. Another team can take on his salary, but whatever the remaining portion of the signing bonus is, it still counts against the Jets salary cap.

And, the jury is still out on Rex's stupidity. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he thinks Tebow is a better option at QB.

Can someone in the know please explain the Sanchez contract? Because everything I've read/heard says that Sanchez CANNOT be traded or cut over the next two seasons. It's impossible. The Jets cannot afford the cap hit they would face, it's just not doable.

Am I wrong? Because I'm sick of hearing there's a chance the Jets will trade Sanchez, with Incarcerated Idiot as the "source," when all I've been told is that the Jets can't even afford to entertain trading him. Not if he wants out, not if Rex hates his guts, not if he turns into a zombie and starts eating his teammates brains. I'd love to hear from someone who can prove whether I'm right or wrong.

--And even if I'm dead wrong, I still wouldn't trust anything Incarcerated Bob says, and I expect to see Sanchez start every game this season (barring injury).

Brady is being shopped for a 5th rounder to make way for Mallett @incarceratedBeerfish

Jets Insider VIP
    seriously folks...

we're not still discussing an incarcerated boob bulls--t tweet as if it could possibly have any factual basis

this idiot is an attention whore who has NEVER had a basis for a single one of his stupid tweets.

stop giving the dimbulb the pleasure of discussing it as if it were real

Jets Insider VIP
    Best current page one thread on JI.

So let me get this straight:

We sign Stanton, promising him to be backup, trade for Tebow, now are trying to trade Sanchez even though it provides no cap relief whatsoever nor will it return even a quarter of what we traded to get him, so we can start Tebow, then can sign another backup QB to backup Tebow.

This sound about right?

DUMP.