Thread: Two Philly firefighters killed

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Two Philly firefighters killed

The four were trapped when a wall and part of the roof of the furniture store collapsed about 5:50 a.m., a little more than a half-hour after the warehouse fire had been declared under control, officials said.

Killed were Lt. Robert Neary, 60, and firefighter Daniel Sweeney, both from Ladder 10, Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers said.

[url]http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20120409_5-alarm_fire_destroys_warehouse__firefighter_hurt.html[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote]Ayers said all four firefighters had gone back into the Giamari Furniture store on a "routine check" to ensure the fire had not sparked again.[/quote]

Tragic and it goes to show absolutely nothing in that line of work is routine...

RIP...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder how long it'll take SouthPark CPA to tell us about how they were overpaid....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4431189]Wonder how long it'll take SouthPark CPA to tell us about how they were overpaid....[/QUOTE]

The Lt was 60 years of age, I guess they all dont retire at 45.?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4431219]The Lt was 60 years of age, I guess they all dont retire at 45.?[/QUOTE]

Is that why you made this thread, to exploit their deaths for political fodder and trolling?

RIP

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4431219]The Lt was 60 years of age, I guess they all dont retire at 45.?[/QUOTE]

Was he a millionaire?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4431221]Is that why you made this thread, to exploit their deaths for political fodder and trolling?

RIP[/QUOTE]

I think he was trying to make the point that not all public employees have such a cushy life. Like teachers.

RIP.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4431221]Is that why you made this thread, to exploit their deaths for political fodder and trolling?

RIP[/QUOTE]

To show that there is a world outside of LI, a reality I see everyday. 2 brave men died putting out a fire where most of you would never want to visit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

RIP[/QUOTE]

+1

RIP

Typical display of the same clownish behavior from the usual suspects. A shame it has to mar a somber event.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4431229]+1

RIP

Typical display of the same clownish behavior from the usual suspects. A shame it has to mar a somber event.[/QUOTE]

Ah two of the JI elite looking down on us again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we can start assigning blame liberally by[B] not[/B] blaming the people responsible for the "spontaneous" combustion - the speculator-slumlords and squatters....

[URL]http://hiddencityphila.org/2012/03/passing-the-buck/[/URL]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a lousy thread, and really reflects a hugely divisive tenor that's taken shape around here that I don't like at all.

Two men are dead. Let's reflect on that, and the loss faced by their community and their families, instead of scoring political points against strangers on the Internet.

Bad form cr, PK, FF2, and Jungle.