Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 82

Thread: New York Rangers(1) vs. Ottawa Senators(8): Eastern Conference Quarterfinals

  1. #61
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,773
    I just can't believe the game is on the same night as the draft!

    By the way guys, the team who wins Game 3 more often than not, wins the series.

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I just can't believe the game is on the same night as the draft!

    By the way guys, the team who wins Game 3 more often than not, wins the series.
    I know, terrible luck... I'm going to a draft party, hopefully we can get picture in picture working.

  3. #63
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Neil looks like a total hypocrite.

    He can dish it out, and when he does, he claims it's clean.

    But he can' take it. That was a clean hit. He's just embarrassed because he got rocked.

    No respect for a guy like that when he's whining to the refs non-stop from the bench.

    Live by the sword, die by the sword mother****er! He gets away with so much dirty crap, it's sickening.

    I'm waiting for Bickel to challenge him. I think Bickel's the strongest fighter on the team.
    I don't disagree at all.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    By the way guys, the team who wins Game 3 more often than not, wins the series.
    Is this true when a series goes 7 games? I think this stat may be more for 6 games or less.

    More often than not, the team who wins Game 7, wins the series

    Hopefully King Henrik is as fired up on Thursday as he was last night.

  5. #65
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,773
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Is this true when a series goes 7 games? I think this stat may be more for 6 games or less.

    More often than not, the team who wins Game 7, wins the series

    Hopefully King Henrik is as fired up on Thursday as he was last night.
    I was always under the impression that it didn't matter how many games the series was. Just a statistical trend. That's my story, I'm sticking to it.

    And yes, I hope Hank is fired up. As long as he keeps his focus. If Ian Walsh, is one of the refs, I will puke.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I was always under the impression that it didn't matter how many games the series was. Just a statistical trend. That's my story, I'm sticking to it.

    And yes, I hope Hank is fired up. As long as he keeps his focus. If Ian Walsh, is one of the refs, I will puke.
    This is now a ONE game series..... AT MSG.

    There is NO REASON, NONE, that the Rangers shouldn't dominate.

    BUT, then why am I concerned?

  7. #67
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    This is now a ONE game series..... AT MSG.

    There is NO REASON, NONE, that the Rangers shouldn't dominate.

    BUT, then why am I concerned?
    Because Ottawa has played a really friggin good series, against all expectations.

  8. #68
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,853
    Because Ottawa has ouplayed the Rangers in 4 of the 6 games so far...

    I think the Rangers take it though. King Henrik is going to shut them down.

  9. #69
    Rangers, draft, Knicks (really just watching to see Kemba-UConn rep), devils (don't care about devils but a game 7 is a game 7)...

    I'm about to set up a LaN party for streaming.

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,241
    It's official. A win tomorrow sets up the annual capitals-rangers series.

  11. #71
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    great to see the stinking Bruins go into the toilet in the first round

    hopefully Septics implode and crash next

    followed by the Sux

    and then the Cheating Douchebags this autumn

  12. #72
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    Because Ottawa has played a really friggin good series, against all expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Because Ottawa has ouplayed the Rangers in 4 of the 6 games so far...

    I think the Rangers take it though. King Henrik is going to shut them down.
    I've been mostly surprised with Ottawa's defense.

    Although I don't think it is just a coincidence that the Rangers have scored 9 goals in the 3 games with Hags and have scored only 3 goals in the 3 games that Hags was out.

    I never realized until he was gone how important he is to the overall offense. He makes that #1 line go and him being in the lineup allows for more balance on the other 3 lines.

    By the way, Kreider is the real deal.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I've been mostly surprised with Ottawa's defense.

    Although I don't think it is just a coincidence that the Rangers have scored 9 goals in the 3 games with Hags and have scored only 3 goals in the 3 games that Hags was out.

    I never realized until he was gone how important he is to the overall offense. He makes that #1 line go and him being in the lineup allows for more balance on the other 3 lines.

    By the way, Kreider is the real deal.
    I think it's more difficult to measure his impact cuz he's a hustle guy. When he's on the ice, he outhustles the rink, and his energy is contagious.

    sg3, while some of your posts are a little on the "LOLzz WTF?!?" side, that last one was 100% on point.

    Game 7 at the world's most famous arena....there are few things better.

  14. #74
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,241
    I'm going. Let's get some hype posts going.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    It's official. A win tomorrow sets up the annual capitals-rangers series.
    This game should be a blow out...Rangers are a superior team.

    Why are we even here?

    That said...this is GREAT!

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,773
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    I think it's more difficult to measure his impact cuz he's a hustle guy. When he's on the ice, he outhustles the rink, and his energy is contagious.

    sg3, while some of your posts are a little on the "LOLzz WTF?!?" side, that last one was 100% on point.

    Game 7 at the world's most famous arena....there are few things better.
    That's just it. He does a lot of the dirty work along the boards and allows Gaborik and Richards to have more space. When I say dirty work, I don't mean that he necessarily is always using his body (although he's not afraid of contact - unlike Gaborik), but he's getting to the pucks, like you say, with his hustle and speed.

    And now the Rangers seem to have found a potentially potent line in Stepan, Cally and Kreider. I still think Stepan is an ideal 3rd liner but he played extremely well in Game 6. I know many of you may not agree with that but he really doesn't have the puck skills of a top 6 forward IMO. And he's pretty damn slow for a young guy his size. In any event, I like that line right now.

    I guess Boyle is out, so it's Dubinsky/Prust/Feds and Anisimov/Rupp/Mitchell. Although Dubinsky and Artie might be interchangeable depending on how each is going.

    LGR!!!
    Last edited by Jordy; 04-26-2012 at 01:50 PM.

  17. #77
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,773
    In light of punk Chris Neil's comments impliedly threatening Del Zotto, what do you all think of pairing Del Zotto with Stu Bickel toight.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    In light of punk Chris Neil's comments impliedly threatening Del Zotto, what do you all think of pairing Del Zotto with Stu Bickel toight.
    For whatever reason bickel has been getting limited ice time in the playoffs despite an solid performance in the regular season imo. I would not be overly concerned with neil unless the rangers take a two goal lead into the 3rd period. Him taking a run at a ranger player certainly wouldnt be out of the question. Whatever happens after that would be blood on the hands of bettman and the league "disciplinary" office.

    I like artie getting ice time over dubi. The only thing dubi has shown he can do at this point is score empty netters. Artie can do a lot on the boards and has greater offensive instincts.

    My last night in Turkey. Hope to wake up to some good news. Would watch the game at 2 if the internetz didnt suck in my hotel.

  19. #79
    Lets go Rangers!!!Need a goal out of Gabby tonite not just an above average performance. I expect Richards and Capt. Rochester to play big.

  20. #80
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,855
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    Lets go Rangers!!!Need a goal out of Gabby tonite not just an above average performance. I expect Richards and Capt. Rochester to play big.
    After Lundqvist shuts down the Senators, we will only need 1 goal. Doesn't necessarily need to be Gabby.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us