Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers(1) vs. Ottawa Senators(8): Eastern Conference Quarterfinals

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Sorry but I lol'd...
    That's okay. I can laugh now myself. I've done enough crying in the last 16 hours.

Rangers are making Ottawa look like the #1 seed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    That's okay. I can laugh now myself. I've done enough crying in the last 16 hours.

Rangers are making Ottawa look like the #1 seed.
    1994, 1940..... well, this team is very much the "JETS".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thoughts on the Neil hit on Boyle?

Open ice hit on a defenseless player resulting in an injury.

Whether he left his feet or not or whether he was a repeat offender or not are irrelevant IMO.

When you also factor in the fact that Boyle has been a target since his actions against Karlsson, I think there should have been a hearing, at the very least.

In any event, Hags is back tonight. I can only hope that gets the #1 line going.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    bump

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Thoughts on the Neil hit on Boyle?

Open ice hit on a defenseless player resulting in an injury.

Whether he left his feet or not or whether he was a repeat offender or not are irrelevant IMO.

When you also factor in the fact that Boyle has been a target since his actions against Karlsson, I think there should have been a hearing, at the very least.

In any event, Hags is back tonight. I can only hope that gets the #1 line going.
    Their game plan of hitting and hitting the body is working. We have scored what????? 3 goals in 3 games? 4 maybe? Cant remember.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    NY Rangers 3

Ottatwat 2

GAME 7 THURSDAY AT THE WORLDS MOST FAMOUS ARENA

GO RANGERS!!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not going to lie, when the Rangers went down 1-0 in the first I was worried...

That said, they came alive in the second and finally capitalized on the power play. Anderson has been great, but he was bound to give up some goals eventually.

That last goal was clearly kicked in.

Regardless, we've got game 7 at the Garden. Doesn't get much more exciting than that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No player plays smaller than Marian Gaborik in the playoffs. This guy is gutless. I am waiting for him to turn up on a milk carton one of these days. What a wimp.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    No player plays smaller than Marian Gaborik in the playoffs. This guy is gutless. I am waiting for him to turn up on a milk carton one of these days. What a wimp.
    Can't argue the comment overall but last night he was very visible on offense and with the body.
    He is not a big guy so overly physical teams can 'take him out' of a series. He needs to find a way to use his crazy speed to avoid these bigger but slower guys.

Game 7 at MSG!!! NICE!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It sucks that he leads the team in points in the regular season and is a no show in the postseason, although he does have 3 pts thus far. Hopefully he grows some now that the Rangers have new life.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I totally see your point, the timing of the post is curious...

G played a solid game last night...first of his playoffs!

Let's go blue shirts!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post

Let's go blue shirts!
    Agreed....Cally had a good game too.

LETS GO RANGERS!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    First Game 7 at the Garden in 17 years.

Place should be rocking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im gonna go to game 7. I have a bad feeling.

I havent posted much during the series...its much too frustrating to watch the Senators outplay the Rangers for long stretches. It seems like the Rangers game plan going in was get the 1st goal and sit on it. Plus they whine too much.

The secondary scoring options and face off guys on this team have been terrible. It was great to have Hagelin back. His presence was needed for that 2nd period rally. Definitely nice to see Richards get that big goal..thats what he was brought here to do, play big in big moments.

Also, lots of hockey fans were complaining about what Lundqvist said last night RE: the refs are in it for Ottawa. The NHL is gonna fine him but what do they expect guys to say with their media policy. The media is pretty much in there right after the game so theyre going to get heated reactions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Senators tough guy Chris Neil is already a pretty unpopular guy in the Rangers' dressing room -- his questionable hit in Game 5 left Brian Boyle with a concussion -- and he certainly did not make any new friends Monday night with comments made following the Rangers' 3-2 win in Ottawa.

The gritty winger issued a thinly-veiled threat to Rangers defenseman Michael Del Zotto, whose hit in the third left Neil down on the ice for several minutes. He skated off on his own power and returned to the game, but was not happy when asked about it after the game.

"I'm sure I'll catch him with his head down one of these times," he said, according to several reports.

Neil avoided any supplementary discipline for his hit on Boyle but may incur the wrath of the NHL's Department of Player Safety with his recent remarks.
    Neil wants a piece of Del Zotto.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post

Let's go blue shirts!
    The first game of the series was his best. He is not using his speed and can often be found standing still in both the offensive and defensive zone. The guy buckles in tight checking playoff hockey dating all the way back to his time with Minnesota.

And while I agree with the comment on his size, dynamic players can find multiple ways to get it done. One goal for you best offensive player in 6 playoff games isnt going to cut it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    First Game 7 at the Garden in 17 years.

Place should be rocking.
    WOW....17 years goes by fast. I lived on LI when we won in 1994, moved to NC in 1995. The Devils series was rockin and then the "collapse" of games 5 and 6 to the Canucks. Game 7 was awesome.
    I wore my Rangers jersey to work that day.

I am a bit nervous for Thursday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Im gonna go to game 7. I have a bad feeling.

I havent posted much during the series...its much too frustrating to watch the Senators outplay the Rangers for long stretches. It seems like the Rangers game plan going in was get the 1st goal and sit on it. Plus they whine too much.

The secondary scoring options and face off guys on this team have been terrible. It was great to have Hagelin back. His presence was needed for that 2nd period rally. Definitely nice to see Richards get that big goal..thats what he was brought here to do, play big in big moments.

Also, lots of hockey fans were complaining about what Lundqvist said last night RE: the refs are in it for Ottawa. The NHL is gonna fine him but what do they expect guys to say with their media policy. The media is pretty much in there right after the game so theyre going to get heated reactions.
    I'm glad Lundqvist said something! In 8 years, I can't remember him EVER speaking out like this. He had a right to be pissed. I think the bottom of Neil's skate made contact with the puck as he was kicking at it. The puck was hardly moving until his skate crossed its path. Coincidence? If nothing else, it was interference.

In any event, don't you be bringing bad mojo with you Thursday BRJ!
    Last edited by Jordy; 04-24-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Neil wants a piece of Del Zotto.
    Neil looks like a total hypocrite.

He can dish it out, and when he does, he claims it's clean.

But he can' take it. That was a clean hit. He's just embarrassed because he got rocked.

No respect for a guy like that when he's whining to the refs non-stop from the bench.

Live by the sword, die by the sword mother****er! He gets away with so much dirty crap, it's sickening.

I'm waiting for Bickel to challenge him. I think Bickel's the strongest fighter on the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, I'm expecting Hank to be fired up.

I look for him to take some dives. Considering how much Foligno has been up his ass all series, it shouldn't be hard to draw more penalties. Like Anderson's little ballerina twirl last night when Kreider passed through the crease.