Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious political question

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4432377]LOL! Wayne Brady too :P

I hope someday that Chappel writes a book that better details the making of the show and the reasons he exited the public eye the way he did...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, his disappearance was crazy. All these years later and he's still not in the public eye.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks i always try to be honest. I am not very PC and could give a crap about hurting peoples feeling's.

This country has produced a bunch of wussy men lately and it is pissing me off.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4432263][IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9xEFiXC8uwA/RzEIx2cbA3I/AAAAAAAAAOA/YQ5TSkGhLfA/s400/BuddyJesus.jpg[/IMG]

But he kinda represents the problem with American politics.

He thinks abortion is wrong and ALSO things that Wall Street need to be minded. There is NO party for someone who thinks like that. He'll be ostracized by Pubs for even thinking that regulation is necessary and ostracized by Dims for thinking that abortion is wrong.

Not for nothing...he's pretty much an average American voter. Voting isn't and shouldn't be a personality test.[/QUOTE]

Yep. He's kind of like Bizarro me.

Don't define yourself by party or philosophical labels. Think about the issues, consider which candidate in each election is likeliest to do the best job as you define it, and vote for that person. No real reason to do anything else, label wise.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4432195]

I know i am pro-life not sure what others i need.[/QUOTE]

ahhhh - extreme right-wing nutjob.

(that was sarcasm, in case you weren't sure) ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4432251]pro-life- God does not want anyone killed no matter the circumstances.

I believe all hand guns unless you are military or law enforcement be banned. I do think we should own shot-guns as we have a right to defend our house.

I believe if a person has 2 million their is no reason he can not give the guy next to him some money who only has 200 dollars. No matter what people say we are all not allowed the same chances. Chances are the rich guy got it dishonestly anyway.

I believe the welfare system needs reworked but not done away with.

I believe we should not be in other people's countries we can develop a cell phone the size of a wallet but can not find alternative fuel sources yeah right.

Without question I am diagnosing you as a very far left Communist. I believe we need stronger FDA and animal abuse laws even on our so called food.

I believe a few companies should not be able to own most of our grocery shopping items just put it under different names.

I believe wall street needs stricter rules and deravitives outlawed.

I believe clear channel should not be allowed to own as many stations as they do.

I believe we should be able to choose from more than 1 or 2 electric, water, and tv companies.

I believe walmart and other companies that take jobs overseas should be taxed an unbelievable amount on their imports.

I believe a universal healthcare system is better than what we have now.

those are some of the things i believe not sure what other issues are needed.[/QUOTE]

Without question, I am diagnosing you as a far left liberal communist. Sorry. I am sure you are all in on the phony hope and change rhetoric.
    I am worth way more than 2 million BTW and acquired every dime honestly through hard work and sacrifice. This is a concept long lost on far too many. My parents were children of the depression who had nothing. They worked hard and passed on values. Another concept in far too little appeal these days.
    Feel free to give all your belongings away to those who would just as soon kill you. I will not.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pick a side soon!

[IMG]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq262/rustybindings/561915_3027627844972_1091088328_32271283_761817208_n.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4432661]Without question, I am diagnosing you as a far left liberal communist. Sorry. I am sure you are all in on the phony hope and change rhetoric.
    I am worth way more than 2 million BTW and acquired every dime honestly through hard work and sacrifice. This is a concept long lost on far too many. My parents were children of the depression who had nothing. They worked hard and passed on values. Another concept in far too little appeal these days.
    Feel free to give all your belongings away to those who would just as soon kill you. I will not.[/QUOTE]

if any of your money was ever on wall street at anytime then it was not honestly........I am sure some do work hard however they forget where they were once they get their. Like i said many americans do not have the same chances as everyone else even though we are told we do. That is the real farce in american every once in awhile someone will get lucky but that is all and like i said they may not have been dishonest themselves but you never know about the people working for you finding loopholes in the taxes or putting money on wall street and other stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4433214]if any of your money was ever on wall street at anytime then it was not honestly........I am sure some do work hard however they forget where they were once they get their. Like i said many americans do not have the same chances as everyone else even though we are told we do. That is the real farce in american every once in awhile someone will get lucky but that is all and like i said they may not have been dishonest themselves but you never know about the people working for you finding loopholes in the taxes or putting money on wall street and other stuff.[/QUOTE]

You've admitted you're young, so I guess I can understand this to a point. But it truly scares me to see what we're teaching our children.

Do you really not know how good "poor" Americans have it? If you have a roof over your head, food to eat, a means of transportation, ACCESS TO AN INTERNET WEBSITE, you already have it better than most. So how much are you voluntarily giving to those who have less than you? Or is it just easier to tell someone else it's their responsibility?

It's sad we have a President who admits "he doesn't pay enough in taxes". Then why doesn't he contribute more? There's nothing stopping him (and the other rich guys on his side of the aisle). Why do they need to be FORCED to give if it's so important to them? Why do we have studies that show conservatives are more charitable than liberals?

I'm all for supporting the poor, and do so on a regular basis. But that's charity, NOT entitlement . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4433240]You've admitted you're young, so I guess I can understand this to a point. But it truly scares me to see what we're teaching our children.

Do you really not know how good "poor" Americans have it? If you have a roof over your head, food to eat, a means of transportation, ACCESS TO AN INTERNET WEBSITE, you already have it better than most. So how much are you voluntarily giving to those who have less than you? Or is it just easier to tell someone else it's their responsibility?

It's sad we have a President who admits "he doesn't pay enough in taxes". Then why doesn't he contribute more? There's nothing stopping him (and the other rich guys on his side of the aisle). Why do they need to be FORCED to give if it's so important to them? Why do we have studies that show conservatives are more charitable than liberals?

I'm all for supporting the poor, and do so on a regular basis. But that's charity, NOT entitlement . . .[/QUOTE]

I give my 10 percent first and foremost to God plus a offering every month and I know poor americans are still better off than in third world countries I am not disputing that. I am disputing the fact that most of these rich politicians/ ceo's/ whatever else got thier money dishonestly or by ripping off the american public people like me that is why alot of can not get anywhere. I know we are not entitled as the greedy will be greedy i am just saying if you have 2 million and the goverment needs to take some to help out someone that is not getting the same chances as a rich person because basically he is holding him down then it would be ok in my book. If i had 2 million i would not whine if i had to pay higher taxes or anything like that. It is just really sad to me that people are living paychk to paychk and others are buying private jets or own 5 houses I do not think GOD or the founding fathers had that in mind when we fought for independence.

We teach our children to not be greedy and to share yet adults are the greediest of all some role models we are and we wonder why kids are messed up.
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 04-11-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4433324]I give my 10 percent first and foremost to God plus a offering every month and I know poor americans are still better off than in third world countries I am not disputing that. I am disputing the fact that most of these rich politicians/ ceo's/ whatever else got thier money dishonestly or by ripping off the american public people like me that is why alot of can not get anywhere. I know we are not entitled as the greedy will be greedy i am just saying if you have 2 million and the goverment needs to take some to help out someone that is not getting the same chances as a rich person because basically he is holding him down then it would be ok in my book. If i had 2 million i would not whine if i had to pay higher taxes or anything like that. It is just really sad to me that people are living paychk to paychk and others are buying private jets or own 5 houses I do not think GOD or the founding fathers had that in mind when we fought for independence.

We teach our children to not be greedy and to share yet adults are the greediest of all some role models we are and we wonder why kids are messed up.[/QUOTE]

I am one of those paycheck to paycheck people, and I can't imagine telling ANYONE they "owe" me anything. I chose this life (wife stays home with baby, kids in Christian school, trying to survive in Bergen County, etc.) and am willing to deal with the consequences.

Maybe you could explain to me how you were "held down"? Did you not have access to free education? Did you not have an opportunity to live within your means and put some money aside? Are you not capable of making sacrifices that will someday allow your children to have a better future than you did? Are rich people the only ones that have to be role models? What exactly are you (or anyone else) being held back from because rich people don't pay enough in taxes?

Again, I'm all for charitable causes. But I guarantee you if every liberal put their money where their mouth was (instead of always pointing the finger somewhere else), we'd have all the money we need . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4433362]I am one of those paycheck to paycheck people, and I can't imagine telling ANYONE they "owe" me anything. I chose this life (wife stays home with baby, kids in Christian school, trying to survive in Bergen County, etc.) and am willing to deal with the consequences.

Maybe you could explain to me how you were "held down"? Did you not have access to free education? Did you not have an opportunity to live within your means and put some money aside? Are you not capable of making sacrifices that will someday allow your children to have a better future than you did? Are rich people the only ones that have to be role models? What exactly are you (or anyone else) being held back from because rich people don't pay enough in taxes?

Again, I'm all for charitable causes. But I guarantee you if every liberal put their money where their mouth was (instead of always pointing the finger somewhere else), we'd have all the money we need . . .[/QUOTE]

yeah my wife stays home also a choice. I am not saying people owe me anything but a little fairness would be nice.

No i can not put money aside when you make crap wages they pay you. I make what sacrifices i can for my kids without a doubt. If you call that free education then i wish i knew what school you went to. My education cost me alot and I can not even get a decent enough job with my degree to pay it back. So if we have to take **** pay jobs then that is being held down. They have us between a rock and a hard place they know we need to pay rent and bills so they give us paychk to paychk money and can't even afford medical insurance for the kids.

JMO and what my observations have been and like I said Americans are some of the greediest *******s in the world. I have no problem dealing with consequences it is my life and I believe GOD will help me survive but it does not mean I don't think their is a better way if people worked together not against each other if we had a [B]we[/B] attitude not a [B]me[/B] attitude.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4433379]yeah my wife stays home also a choice. I am not saying people owe me anything but a little fairness would be nice.

No i can not put money aside when you make crap wages they pay you. I make what sacrifices i can for my kids without a doubt. If you call that free education then i wish i knew what school you went to. My education cost me alot and I can not even get a decent enough job with my degree to pay it back. So if we have to take **** pay jobs then that is being held down. They have us between a rock and a hard place they know we need to pay rent and bills so they give us paychk to paychk money and can't even afford medical insurance for the kids.

JMO and what my observations have been and like I said Americans are some of the greediest *******s in the world. I have no problem dealing with consequences it is my life and I believe GOD will help me survive but it does not mean I don't think their is a better way if people worked together not against each other if we had a [B]we[/B] attitude not a [B]me[/B] attitude.[/QUOTE]

Honest question -- what exactly do you want? Free college education? More benefits? Higher salary? More choices on the job market?

I don't see how raising taxes will give those things to you. If "rich" people have more $$ taken out of their pocket, the gov't will find some way to spend/waste it. To compensate, those same people (business owners) will cut back on what they offer to employees. They're not going to (and shouldn't have to) get screwed on both sides of the deal.

Our best bet is hoping the economy rebounds. If/when it does, businesses will start hiring and offering more to employees. Not because they HAVE to, but because it's in their best interest to do so.

I'm all for supporting the destitute, and I believe we already have a social safety net that does that. But when I have to hear "Occupy" people complain about not getting what they "deserve" -- read Philippians 4 and see if you still think that's what God wants our attitude to be . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I kind of share the same views as you.

I am Pro Life, but I think Pro Choice is the best policy.

I am for energy independence and drilling, but I want to protect the environment.

I want to cut the deficit and I say screw America's credit rating. It means nothing.

I think entitlements are very important, but I want to weed out the leechers.

I believe the only person that can truly help you is you and people need to learn that.

I think global warming is a huge problem.

I would rather our education system be reformed before our health care system is reformed. Teach health from Kindergarten and less people would be phat phucks.

I want to fence our borders but make it easier for people to LEGALLY migrate to the US.

I want to know why my county pays among the highest taxes yet schools and police precincts are being closed. Those traffic cameras can't be that expensive.

I believe in giving more power to individuals and the states rather than the federal gov't.

I think there should be a two-term Congress/Senate/Gubernatorial minimum requirement to run for President.

I want to bring back the space program.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4433439]

I am for energy independence and drilling, but I want to protect the environment.

[/QUOTE]

You are a Romney flip-flopper!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4433439]I kind of share the same views as you.

I want to cut the deficit and I say screw America's credit rating. It means nothing.

I believe the only person that can truly help you is you and people need to learn that.

I think global warming is a huge problem.

I would rather our education system be reformed before our health care system is reformed. Teach health from Kindergarten and less people would be phat phucks.

I want to fence our borders but make it easier for people to LEGALLY migrate to the US.

I want to know why my county pays among the highest taxes yet schools and police precincts are being closed. Those traffic cameras can't be that expensive.

I believe in giving more power to individuals and the states rather than the federal gov't.

I think there should be a two-term Congress/Senate/Gubernatorial minimum requirement to run for President.

I want to bring back the space program.[/QUOTE]
    This

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4433214]if any of your money was ever on wall street at anytime then it was not honestly........I am sure some do work hard however they forget where they were once they get their. Like i said many americans do not have the same chances as everyone else even though we are told we do. That is the real farce in american every once in awhile someone will get lucky but that is all and like i said they may not have been dishonest themselves but you never know about the people working for you finding loopholes in the taxes or putting money on wall street and other stuff.[/QUOTE]

ALL my money is in Wall Street except for my home, cars and boat.
    My money was and is invested well and with good companies. A corporation provides jobs. That's a good thing, right?
    EVERY American has a chance to be successful. My family had little money. I was pushed to excel. Good grades and got a scholarship to play football. Not luck. Effort. Officer in the Army after college. Committed at 18 because parents thought it was a good stepping stone. Fought.
    A great company found me attractive because OF WHAT I HAD DONE. There's nothing magic about success. One of my best friends from college makes well over $10 mill a year. He had nothing. Not even a car in college. He worked summers in a steel mill.
    All effort. And I pay my taxes. I have a good accountant, a good broker and a good lawyer. All legal folks. I won't apologize for being successful.
    People who sponge off the government are the ones who should apologize.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4433496]You are a Romney flip-flopper![/QUOTE]

I know.

If Romney did't put shoe polish in his hair, I might like him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4433379]yeah my wife stays home also a choice. I am not saying people owe me anything but a little fairness would be nice.

JMO and what my observations have been and like I said Americans are some of the greediest *******s in the world. I have no problem dealing with consequences it is my life and I believe GOD will help me survive but it does not mean I don't think their is a better way if people worked together not against each other if we had a [B]we[/B] attitude not a [B]me[/B] attitude.[/QUOTE]

I believe in God and contibute some to the Church (not 10%), though there are a half dozen charities I do contribute to. However, if you are waiting for God to prosper you will be waiting a long time. It's the old "God helps those who help themselves" thing.
    I never had a bad paying job. Switched a few times to upgrade. Maybe you should upgrade? What contributions have you made to society? Are you active in the community? Hold a position in your community? In college, besides getting a degree, how did you contribute? All this adds up. What is your value to your company? Are you an important contributor to profit? You have to evaluate these things. Be realistic.
    Age has nothing to do with anything, BTW. My children are all very successful. Why? They used the same model as mine. Hard work.. But it was still their choice.
    It's not too late for you. You can still get it done if you decide to work like an animal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it a We not a me attitude to expect everyone else to pay while they don't work hard? Not saying you don't but want you to realize there are 2 sides to everything.

Just like Palmetto I didn't get anything handed to me. Parents were teachers, divorced and didn't pay a dime toward my college. Joined the military, used GI Bill and a job bar-tending and selling shoes (not at the same time) to get through school. Taught myself computers and parleyed my experience with my self taught knowledge to get a help desk job. Spent 6 months doing that and then was very motivated. Learned as much as possible on my own to move myself quickly to a 6 figure salary.

I have made the choice to spend time coaching my kids so I have basically frozen my career at my current level for the time being but if I wanted to I could be making much, much more.

Hard work, education, persistence, great attitude and a little luck are what it takes to make it in America. There is no bogey man holding you back. That is a construct of the left who wants to keep you where you are. If you aren't happy with the money you are making change jobs. If you can't make more in your chosen field then change fields. Go back to school, learn on your own, become an apprentice at night, volunteer. No one is going to come looking for you to give you a better job it is your career, own it. It is all about risk vs reward.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I am curious what your degree is and what your job is. Networking is the #1 way to improve your position in life. There are a ton of people on JI maybe someone is in your chosen field and has a good lead for you. I promise I will not disparage you.