Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Even as Violent Crime Falls, Killing of Officers Rises

[QUOTE=FF2;4432448]It doesn't matter how often cops get shot at. The truth is that they face the possibility with each and every encounter. They have to assume the worst case each and every time.

Thank you for your service.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I understand that there are some inherent dangers in being a LEO. Plenty of my Marine buddies become LEO's after serving in the Corps. I just think that not everyone is a suspect.

Again, most of the time LEO's are facing American citizens and all too often, this type of training leads to events like the tragedy in WPNY last November. Just how many more times do American citizens have to hear[I] 'I thought he had a gun'[/I] and no gun is found on the scene?

How many more times are American citizens going to see LEO's get paid leave after shooting/killing someone who did not have a gun?

I grew up in the South Bronx and Harlem and I know that there are criminals among some of the people that grew up with me there (lol). And I also know that they need to be behind bars and I am happy that they are there too (lol).

I also know the unpleasant feeling of being harassed by the LEO's for driving my BMW.

LEO's should not wonder why some Americans feel harsh toward them as they have made their own bed. And with that noted piece of training, that cannot be helping the matter at all.

If I could serve again for America, I would....

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4432518]Believe me, I understand that there are some inherent dangers in being a LEO. Plenty of my Marine buddies become LEO's after serving in the Corps. I just think that not everyone is a suspect.

Again, most of the time LEO's are facing American citizens and all too often, this type of training leads to events like the tragedy in WPNY last November. Just how many more times do American citizens have to hear[I] 'I thought he had a gun'[/I] and no gun is found on the scene?

How many more times are American citizens going to see LEO's get paid leave after shooting/killing someone who did not have a gun?

I grew up in the South Bronx and Harlem and I know that there are criminals among some of the people that grew up with me there (lol). And I also know that they need to be behind bars and I am happy that they are there too (lol).

I also know the unpleasant feeling of being harassed by the LEO's for driving my BMW.

LEO's should not wonder why some Americans feel harsh toward them as they have made their own bed. And with that noted piece of training, that cannot be helping the matter at all.

If I could serve again for America, I would....[/QUOTE]

With all due respect I am sure you were a fine Marine, but you would make a horrible police officer.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4432518]

If I could serve again for America, I would....[/QUOTE]

Stop driving a BMW...problem solved.;)