Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: America is falling in love with this Hilary Rosen

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4434395]...those 9 to 5 wimmen striving to break the glass ceiling from under the bosses' desk (double plus ungood)[/QUOTE]

Just because those girls weren't interested in you, doesn't mean they're blowing their bosses for raises. ;)

[QUOTE=OCCH;4434135]Maybe I didn't hear the whole quote, but it sure sounded like she was knocking Ann Romney because she was too RICH to relate to working women, not for being a stay-at-home mom.

It just seems every day the real truth becomes more and more irrelevant . . .:([/QUOTE]

Yes it's crazy. How could people take a statement that she's not qualified to comment of the economy because "she never worked a day in her life" and look at it as liberal feminist contempt for stay at home moms. Right wingers are looney that way.

By the way this is nothing like when Liberals took Rick Santorum's statement that he personally due to his religious beliefs is against contraception, and construed it to the public as Republicans want to ban conception. That's totally different and not looney at all.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4434406]Yes it's crazy. How could people take a statement that she's not qualified to comment of the economy because "she never worked a day in her life" and look at it as liberal feminist contempt for stay at home moms. Right wingers are looney that way.

By the way this is nothing like when Liberals took Rick Santorum's statement that he personally due to his religious beliefs is against contraception, and construed it to the public as Republicans want to ban conception. That's totally different and not looney at all.[/QUOTE]

So you think those words came out of her mouth as a knock on stay-at-home moms? I guess we'll agree to disagree. Last I checked, VERY few stay-at-homes "never worked a day in their life".

IMO, you seem to at least TRY to come across objective in most of your posts -- don't give in to the dark side!:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4434389]lolz....

They shouldn't have apologized then. Those bastids.[/QUOTE]

Her reluctant apology was one of the most insincere things I've ever heard. It was obviously forced on her by her overlords.

And the Obamas and company all chiming in for no good reason reaks of desperation. Not acknowledging it would be the right thing to do on their part. That is, if they had no real vested interest in selling their line of BS.

Reporter asks about a Hilary Rosen visiting the White House 35 times.

White House's Jay Carney: [I]"I know three, personally, women named Hilary Rosen" ... "I have not seen her here very frequently".[/I]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Bs_5CapvQOI[/url]

This Carney barely knows her.

It must be a non-story because the real issue is how much Obama has done for women.
    Last edited by sackdance; 04-13-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4434409]So you think those words came out of her mouth as a knock on stay-at-home moms? I guess we'll agree to disagree. Last I checked, VERY few stay-at-homes "never worked a day in their life".

IMO, you seem to at least TRY to come across objective in most of your posts -- don't give in to the dark side!:eek:[/QUOTE]

The only dark side in any of this is that it is clear that Rosen has one that many of her like have.

With people like her, if you're not on the liberal feminist train, you're not just going to be ostrocized, you're going to be treated with contempt. For all their craziness, you can not tell me that Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann are not treated overly harshly and unfairly, particularly by liberal women. It doesn't matter what they say or do, their mere existence as Republican women draws pure anger and hatred from this group. I was not an advocate of either candidate, but it was clear that they were held to a different standard than their male counterparts. It was absoultely disgusting.

This is indisputable. It isn't a perception of the far right. Ask any right-leaning woman how they are treated. They are viewed as traitors by the few that buy into the BS narrative. Anyone observing our political discourse in recent years objectively acknowledges this.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4434422]Her reluctant apology was one of the most insincere things I've ever heard. It was obviously forced on her by her overlords.

And the Obamas and company all chiming in for no good reason reaks of desperation. Not acknowledging it would be the right thing to do on their part. That is, if they had no real vested interest in selling their line of BS.[/QUOTE]

Understood.

Just don't fall into the same trap that you were scolding Frequent Fryer for the other day. ;)

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4434439]The only dark side in any of this is that it is clear that Rosen has one that many of her like have.

With people like her, if you're not on the liberal feminist train, you're not just going to be ostrocized, you're going to be treated with contempt. For all their craziness, you can not tell me that Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann are not treated overly harshly and unfairly, particularly by liberal women. It doesn't matter what they say or do, their mere existence as Republican women draws pure anger and hatred from this group. I was not an advocate of either candidate, but it was clear that they were held to a different standard than their male counterparts. It was absoultely disgusting.

This is indisputable. It isn't a perception of the far right. Ask any right-leaning woman how they are treated. They are viewed as traitors by the few that buy into the BS narrative. Anyone observing our political discourse in recent years objectively acknowledges this.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. There may be no greater hypocrisy than how the left supposedly fights for women/minorities, but then destroys any that are in any way conservative.

However, that doesn't change the fact that calling her statement "an attack on stay-at-home moms" is still an agenda-driven ploy that should have no place in legitimate political discussion . . .

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4434439]The only dark side in any of this is that it is clear that Rosen has one that many of her like have.

This is indisputable. It isn't a perception of the far right. Ask any right-leaning woman how they are treated. They are viewed as traitors by the few that buy into the BS narrative. Anyone observing our political discourse in recent years objectively acknowledges this.[/QUOTE]

QFT

:cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4434453]Understood.

Just don't fall into the same trap that you were scolding Frequent Fryer for the other day. ;)[/QUOTE]

The huge difference is basis in reality vs. basis in lies.

"War on women" :rolleyes:

What a crock o' manufactured liberal BS. What makes it even more pathetic is the Lefts real war on families.

Another thing, why don't [I]feminists [/I]just call themselves lesbians and be done with it?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4434542]"War on women" :rolleyes:

What a crock o' manufactured liberal BS. What makes it even more pathetic is the Lefts real war on families.

Another thing, why don't [I]feminists [/I]just call themselves lesbians and be done with it?[/QUOTE]

Unreal.

[QUOTE=OCCH;4434409]So you think those words came out of her mouth as a knock on stay-at-home moms? I guess we'll agree to disagree. Last I checked, VERY few stay-at-homes "never worked a day in their life".

IMO, you seem to at least TRY to come across objective in most of your posts -- don't give in to the dark side!:eek:[/QUOTE]

I do think feminists have contempt for stay at home moms. Yes its true. They feel that women that choose that lifestyle are "subservient to their husbands" or "old fashioned". Most regular Democrats would likely disagree but that's not the point. It was the Obama campaign that manufactured the false GOP "war on women" narrative. Limbaugh and Santorum fell in to the trap and they ran with it. This is a taste of their own medicine for the Obama campaign.

If you delve deeper you will see this type of us against them strategy in Obama's Buffet Rule nonesense. The CBO scored that plan as raising just 4-5Billion per year. Yet here we have the POTUS running around giving speeches about promoting this silly idea as the solution to Obamas 1.2 trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see. They are pushing the issue specifically knowing that GOPers will pan it so they can paint republicans as defenders of the rich. It's slimy and counterproductive for our country.

As an independent thinker wouldn't it be nice if both parties put a plan in writing for budgets, deficits, entitlement and tax reform? Then voters could look at the plans and decide what path they want to take.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4434611]I do think feminists have contempt for stay at home moms. Yes its true. They feel that women that choose that lifestyle are "subservient to their husbands" or "old fashioned". Most regular Democrats would likely disagree but that's not the point. It was the Obama campaign that manufactured the false GOP "war on women" narrative. Limbaugh and Santorum fell in to the trap and they ran with it. This is a taste of their own medicine for the Obama campaign.

If you delve deeper you will see this type of us against them strategy in Obama's Buffet Rule nonesense. The CBO scored that plan as raising just 4-5Billion per year. Yet here we have the POTUS running around giving speeches about promoting this silly idea as the solution to Obamas 1.2 trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see. They are pushing the issue specifically knowing that GOPers will pan it so they can paint republicans as defenders of the rich. It's slimy and counterproductive for our country.

As an independent thinker [B]wouldn't it be nice if both parties put a plan in writing for budgets, deficits, entitlement and tax reform? Then voters could look at the plans and decide what path they want to take.[/B][/QUOTE]

Sure would, if only logic and politics didn't follow completely divergent paths.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4434611]I do think feminists have contempt for stay at home moms. Yes its true. They feel that women that choose that lifestyle are "subservient to their husbands" or "old fashioned". Most regular Democrats would likely disagree but that's not the point. It was the Obama campaign that manufactured the false GOP "war on women" narrative. Limbaugh and Santorum fell in to the trap and they ran with it. This is a taste of their own medicine for the Obama campaign.

As an independent thinker wouldn't it be nice if both parties put a plan in writing for budgets, deficits, entitlement and tax reform? Then voters could look at the plans and decide what path they want to take.[/QUOTE]

Again, completely agree, which is why it's frustrating to see people have to take a quote out of context when there are so many LEGITIMATE examples to use . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4434611]I do think feminists...[/QUOTE]

What, in your opinion, makes a woman a "feminist"?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4434667]What, in your opinion, makes a woman a "feminist"?[/QUOTE]
    A mullet and a bowling shirt.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4434667]What, in your opinion, makes a woman a "feminist"?[/QUOTE]

Feminists proudly refer to themselves as such. There are over 130 US based organizations that refer to themselves as "Feminist Organizations".

Much like I would refer to myself as a proud Zionist even though some folks would use that term in a derogatory way. I am a member of a number of Zionist organizations.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4434628]Sure would, if only logic and politics didn't follow completely divergent paths.[/QUOTE]

It is sad for me when the party in power looks to maintain their power not through ideas or solutions but rather demagoguery. The GOP has put their plans to paper for all to read. You might like it or you might not but at least they have the ballz to present their plans. Obama put out a budget proposal that was so absurd that not even a single Democrat voted for it. Then he runs around touting a Buffet rule that will generate a whopping 4 billion in revenue yearly. It is insulting to the public. I only hope that Romney can make the case and define the choices clearly for this election because it is clear that the Democratic strategy is to distract voters from the economic realities facing our great nation.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4434688]A mullet and a bowling shirt.[/QUOTE]

lol..and quite often a fupa.