Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: America is falling in love with this Hilary Rosen

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4434698]It is sad for me when the party in power looks to maintain their power not through ideas or solutions but rather demagoguery. The GOP has put their plans to paper for all to read. You might like it or you might not but at least they have the ballz to present their plans. Obama put out a budget proposal that was so absurd that not even a single Democrat voted for it. Then he runs around touting a Buffet rule that will generate a whopping 4 billion in revenue yearly. [B]It is insulting to the public.[/B] I only hope that Romney can make the case and define the choices clearly for this election because it is clear that the Democratic strategy is to distract voters from the economic realities facing our great nation.[/QUOTE]

I think a large segment of the electorate is not informed enough to be insulted. I do agree that Romney has a great opportunity to hammer the administration on their failings. I think his being a moderate GOPer could help him a lot in the general election campaign b/c he won't be married ideologically to all this silly culture war stuff that does nothing but turn off independents.

Speaking of which, the article that Doggin started a thread about the other day about independent swing voters was a very interesting read.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4434742]I think a large segment of the electorate is not informed enough to be insulted. I do agree that Romney has a great opportunity to hammer the administration on their failings. I think his being a moderate GOPer could help him a lot in the general election campaign b/c he won't be married ideologically to all this silly culture war stuff that does nothing but turn off independents.

Speaking of which, the article that Doggin started a thread about the other day about independent swing voters was a very interesting read.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be interesting to see how Romney reacts during the actual race.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rosen is bailing on MeetThePress this week, she tweets:

[I]I deeply apologize again to work-in-home moms, Mrs Romney & the POTUS. Not going on #MTP this weekend. I'm going to be a mom who stays home[/I]

She wants the story to go away but has no intention of shutting up and going away herself. Pass the popcorn.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4434689]Feminists proudly refer to themselves as such. There are over 130 US based organizations that refer to themselves as "Feminist Organizations". [/QUOTE]

Hmm.

[QUOTE]I do think feminists have contempt for stay at home moms. Yes its true. [/QUOTE]

130 orginizations, huh? That's a lot of woman who have contempt for stay at home moms.

And "Yes its true"?

So...you're willing to say that none of the millions of members in the 130 groups are stay-at-home moms themselves? I wonder how many stay at home moms have contempt for woman who hold upper management jobs at big companies and decided to have a career. (I can link you to a few CafeMom comment blogs, if you'd like)

Once again, you set the bar high when it comes to being factually incorrect. There is only one person on this forum that can set the bar higher.

Me.

Zionist, huh? Let me be factually wrong by saying Zionism and their adherants have contempt for secular Jews who assimilate to other cultures. This is what results in their general contempt for the United States. Yes it's true. :rolleyes:

Point is that blanket accusations like what you posted in pretty much no different that what Hilary Rosen said about Ann Romney. Both are woefully misguided and factually incorrect.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4434748]It's going to be interesting to see how Romney reacts during the actual race.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for as few "trees are the right height" lines as possible and to appear significantly less wooden than Kerry did. He's a bright guy, I think he can give Obama a serious run for his money he if stays on message and the economy does not really improve in the months before the election.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4434795]...I think he can give Obama a serious run for his money he if stays on message....[/QUOTE]

+1

He just needs to NOT listen to Pub's like the likes of people on this forum.

Just talk $$$, Mitt. Nothing else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4434789]Hmm.

130 orginizations, huh? That's a lot of woman who have contempt for stay at home moms.

And "Yes its true"?

So...you're willing to say that none of the millions of members in the 130 groups are stay-at-home moms themselves? I wonder how many stay at home moms have contempt for woman who hold upper management jobs at big companies and decided to have a career. (I can link you to a few CafeMom comment blogs, if you'd like)

Once again, you set the bar high when it comes to being factually incorrect. There is only one person on this forum that can set the bar higher.

Me.

Zionist, huh? Let me be factually wrong by saying Zionism and their adherants have contempt for secular Jews who assimilate to other cultures. This is what results in their general contempt for the United States. Yes it's true. :rolleyes:

Point is that blanket accusations like what you posted in pretty much no different that what Hilary Rosen said about Ann Romney. Both are woefully misguided and factually incorrect.[/QUOTE]

Most Zionists do have contempt for secular or non-secular Jews that are not pro-Israel or even just somewhat critical of Israel. That would be a true statement.

Do many feminists look down on "housewives"? Absolutely. Do all of them? Not likely.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4434810]Do many feminists look down on "housewives"? Absolutely. Do all of them? Not likely.[/QUOTE]

Do housewives look down on "feminists"? Absolutely. Do all of them? Not likely.

You're playing a zero-sum game, Chief.

BTW...remember I was being facetious with what I said about Zionism. I don't believe what I posted, I was playing Mr. Satan's advocate. I don't believe that Zionists have contempt for the US government or it's inhabitants...FYI
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 04-13-2012 at 05:23 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4434855]Do housewives look down on "feminists"? Absolutely. Do all of them? Not likely.

You're playing a zero-sum game, Chief.[/QUOTE]

I think we can all agree that the worst are the house-feminists. Buncha twats.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4434859]I think we can all agree that the worst are the house-feminists. Buncha twats.[/QUOTE]

Sure.

Just as long as Betsy isn't reading my posts. Never met a "feminist" as strong as her...and at the same time, she's making me dinner right now....and she cleaned the house, did the laundry, fed the kids, mopped the floors and cleaned the windows today.

She's about as feminist as any girl that I dated...but she still does the whole "Cult of Domesticity" thing. I will take her peculiar combination of feminism that she gives. She deserves to be a "fami-nazi"...she raised a special needs kid while her Pub leaning ex-husband pursued his career at an "investment" (LMFAO) firm....and expected her to have the house spotless while she worked to make ends meet because his financial "advice" was as full of sh*t as the crap that comes out of the mouths of his political heroes....

...She doesn't shed a tear for Ann Romney. Raising 5 kids...

her words...."with a husband that made 3 million a year sabotaging weak companies...lolololololol....she didn't raise sh*t. She worked about as hard as the girls I watch on my Bravo reality shows"....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4434855]Do housewives look down on "feminists"? Absolutely. Do all of them? Not likely.

You're playing a zero-sum game, Chief.

BTW...remember I was being facetious with what I said about Zionism. I don't believe what I posted, I was playing Mr. Satan's advocate. I don't believe that Zionists have contempt for the US government or it's inhabitants...FYI[/QUOTE]

I figured that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hannity is discussing this issue right now. Just watched the first segment, it was pretty good.

I know he caters to people like me (scorned by Obama) so I am little biased. I usually flip between Fox and CNN and local news just to get different POVs on genernal news topics, but I find myself watching him a lot nowadays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4434976][B]Hannity is discussing this issue right now.[/B] Just watched the first segment, it was pretty good.

I know he caters to people like me (scorned by Obama) so I am little biased. I usually flip between Fox and CNN and local news just to get different POVs on genernal news topics, but I find myself watching him a lot nowadays.[/QUOTE]

I am sure its a fair and balanced discussion

:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4434976]Hannity is discussing this issue right now. Just watched the first segment, it was pretty good.

I know he caters to people like me (scorned by Obama) so I am little biased. I usually flip between Fox and CNN and local news just to get different POVs on genernal news topics, but I find myself watching him a lot nowadays.[/QUOTE]

Why do you hate yourself? :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4434698]It is sad for me when the party in power looks to maintain their power not through ideas or solutions but rather demagoguery.[B] The GOP has put their plans to paper for all to read. You might like it or you might not but at least they have the ballz to present their plans. [/B]Obama put out a budget proposal that was so absurd that not even a single Democrat voted for it. Then he runs around touting a Buffet rule that will generate a whopping 4 billion in revenue yearly. It is insulting to the public. I only hope that Romney can make the case and define the choices clearly for this election because it is clear that the Democratic strategy is to distract voters from the economic realities facing our great nation.[/QUOTE]

Half truth. They didn't actually tell us what deductions they were going to reduce to make their plans revenue nutural. Ryan put out a plan to sabotage Simpson Bowles and move the Republicans from actually having to take on any of the sacred cow deductions in the tax code. Romney does the same thing. How do they get to revenue nuturality? Not there it ain't a plan. Dems are no better, I might even agree they are worse but still the idea that the Republicans have a plan and are naked before us while the Dems are hiding isn't exactly true.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4434987]I am sure its a fair and balanced discussion

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;4435001]Why do you hate yourself? :D[/QUOTE]

LOL. There is no such thing as "fair and balanced" on any station. I admit you have to "weed" through some agenda with him. But that is the case now with every media outlet. I don't always agree, but I find myself doing less "weeding" with him, lately.

Like I said I try to get many POVs, b.c it is hard to find a station that represents both sides to a story. And then I try to make a decision for myself.

And in the past couple of weeks with regards to the Trayvon Martin tragedy and the Hilary Rosen comments I think FOX has done the best job. CNN, ABC and NBC all reported false information about the Martin incident, some of which I think is criminally negligent. And there has been close to no coverage on the Hilary Rosen comments on those stations so FOX wins by default on that.

Not saying they are perfect, they are far from it and have done their fair share of media malpractice. But [B]recently[/B] I think Hannity in particular has been decent.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-14-2012 at 09:50 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4435084]And there has been close to no coverage on the Hilary Rosen comments on those stations so FOX wins by default on that.[/QUOTE]
    And bitter liberals still wonder why FOX gets all the ratings.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B_O8O1zlaY[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4434878]Sure.

Just as long as Betsy isn't reading my posts. Never met a "feminist" as strong as her...and at the same time, she's making me dinner right now....and she cleaned the house, did the laundry, fed the kids, mopped the floors and cleaned the windows today.

She's about as feminist as any girl that I dated...but she still does the whole "Cult of Domesticity" thing. I will take her peculiar combination of feminism that she gives. She deserves to be a "fami-nazi"...she raised a special needs kid while her Pub leaning ex-husband pursued his career at an "investment" (LMFAO) firm....and expected her to have the house spotless while she worked to make ends meet because his financial "advice" was as full of sh*t as the crap that comes out of the mouths of his political heroes....

...She doesn't shed a tear for Ann Romney. Raising 5 kids...

her words...."with a husband that made 3 million a year sabotaging weak companies...lolololololol....she didn't raise sh*t. She worked about as hard as the girls I watch on my Bravo reality shows"....[/QUOTE]

lol...was just being stupid bro trying to make a joke out of labels. Certainly no offense to your lady, or any ladies. Except Katie Couric.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4435060]Half truth. They didn't actually tell us what deductions they were going to reduce to make their plans revenue nutural. Ryan put out a plan to sabotage Simpson Bowles and move the Republicans from actually having to take on any of the sacred cow deductions in the tax code. Romney does the same thing. How do they get to revenue nuturality? Not there it ain't a plan. Dems are no better, I might even agree they are worse but still the idea that the Republicans have a plan and are naked before us while the Dems are hiding isn't exactly true.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. Ryan's plan includes specific details on entitlement reform and budget cuts. The tax code adjustments are a guideline. The ways and means committee would be designated to run through specific loopholes and deductions to get to a revenue neutral position. That is how the budgeting process always works. Your answer here is cynical and untrue.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4435116]lol...was just being stupid bro trying to make a joke out of labels. Certainly no offense to your lady, or any ladies. Except Katie Couric.[/QUOTE]

I know, Brady :P

My femi-nazi is outside right now mowing the lawn while I watch the kids and record an instructional video for trying to teach my coworkers how to use a large transfer website. The lawn better not interfere with my roast beef sandwich for lunch! :P