Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LeGarrette Blount

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=bcess;4435748]Teams don't usually do the three headed monster. I asked michael bush and he agreed.[/QUOTE]
    Particularly when you have a QB who likes to run as much as theirs does.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4435303]It amazes me how people can bash Greene then want total scrubs that aren't half the RB Greene is. WTF people Stewart Blount come on. At least whine about guys that are better then Greene not other teams trash.[/QUOTE]

according to you Murray, Stewart and Blount are all scrubs. homer much?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4435762]Mike Goodson says you don't know what your talking about. In fact they still might not be done In the Rb department.[/QUOTE]
    So now that your team has one of the 4 RB's that the Panthers had, you're all of a sudden an expert on what the Panthers are going to do in the personnel department.

You are something else.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4435773]Of course I know different its called common sense. Here is a scenario - Deangelo Williams goes down first game of the season. You really think The Panthers are going to leave themselve with Mike Tolbert (carry the load by himself after they had so much depth for years at that position. ) . Tolbert is a number 2 Rb type that you want to team with a number 1 back. Tolbert playing a lot at FB.

The Panthers might not sign Stewart next year. They will get their money worth this year. Have to see what FA Rb class looks like as they might tag him and look to move him next season.

Still waiting what you think it will cost to get a 25 year old Rb that averaged over 5 yard per carry.[/QUOTE]
    So, you're so sure that the Panthers will not trade Stewart and either:

1) risk losing him as a UFA or
    2) tag him and pay him a salary equal to the avergae of the 5 top RB's in the league??

That's common sense?

I would give a #2 for Stewart. But I'm sure you'll say he's worth a #1.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4435777]according to you Murray, Stewart and Blount are all scrubs. homer much?[/QUOTE]

Has nothing to do with homerism. You just named 2 of the worst starters in the league and an average BU at best. They simply are not better then an average starter. Get real.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;4435793]Has nothing to do with homerism. You just named 2 of the worst starters in the league and an average BU at best. They simply are not better then an average starter. Get real.[/QUOTE]
    :shakehead

e[QUOTE=Jordy;4435791]So, you're so sure that the Panthers will not trade Stewart and either:

1) risk losing him as a UFA or
    2) tag him and pay him a salary equal to the avergae of the 5 top RB's in the league??

That's common sense?

I would give a #2 for Stewart. But I'm sure you'll say he's worth a #1.[/QUOTE]

First they will see what the 2013 FA Rb class looks like. IF it weak and not like this year(a strong Fa Rb class) They will tag him. Look to trade him. The price tag for franchise Rbs is 6 - 7 million. (under new collectiung bargain its not bad to franchisea back) Some team won't have a problem trading for a proven Rb. (getting a long term deal done)

A second round draft choice might get you Stewart if he was on the block.

NOw answer the question what does a team that had unbelievable depth at Rb do next season, if Deangelo Williams goes down in week One. You really think they are going to let Tolbert carry the load fulltime. (he a number 2 type of back)

[QUOTE=Jordy;4435782]So now that your team has one of the 4 RB's that the Panthers had, you're all of a sudden an expert on what the Panthers are going to do in the personnel department.

You are something else.[/QUOTE]

NO you have assume Raiders tried to get Jonathan Stewart in the trade first. Would have been a better fit with Taiwan Jones and DMC. Than Goodson. The panthers weren't willing to move him.

Panthers use a FB in there offense. So Tolbert the Fb with Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart sharing the load. It much more well rounder Rb committee.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4435817]NO you have assume Raiders tried to get Jonathan Stewart in the trade first. Would have been a better fit with Taiwan Jones and DMC. Than Goodson. The panthers weren't willing to move him.

Panthers use a FB in there offense. So Tolbert the Fb with Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart sharing the load. It much more well rounder Rb committee.[/QUOTE]

On a side note, who's a better backup RB, McKnight or Taiwan jones?

Stewart, 24 years old

4 seasons, 725 carries, 3500 yards, 26 TDs; 81 receptions for 702 yards and 3 TDs

181 carries, 875 yards, [B]4.8 ypa[/B], 6 TDs; 20 receptions, 175 yards, 8.7 ypc, 1 TD
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blount, 25 years old

2 seasons, 385 carries, 1788 yards, 11 TDs; 20 receptions, 162 yards, 0 TD

192 carries, 894 yards, [B]4.6 ypa[/B], 5 TDs; 10 receptions, 81 yards, 8.1 ypc, 0 TD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greene, 26 years old

3 seasons, 546 carries, 2360 yards, 10 TDs; 46 receptions, 331 yards, 0 TDs

182 carries, 786 yards, [B]4.3 ypa[/B], 3 TDs; 15 receptions, 110 yards, 7.2 ypc, 0 TDs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[B][I]Clearly[/I][/B], Greene is the best of those three. I don't see how anyone could argue other wise. :rolleyes: (Didn't know if this was really necessary, just making sure).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4435803]e

First they will see what the 2013 FA Rb class looks like. IF it weak and not like this year(a strong Fa Rb class) They will tag him. Look to trade him. The price tag for franchise Rbs is 6 - 7 million. (under new collectiung bargain its not bad to franchisea back) Some team won't have a problem trading for a proven Rb. (getting a long term deal done)

A second round draft choice might get you Stewart if he was on the block.

NOw answer the question what does a team that had unbelievable depth at Rb do next season, if Deangelo Williams goes down in week One. You really think they are going to let Tolbert carry the load fulltime. (he a number 2 type of back)[/QUOTE]

[I]For the Carolina Panthers, they are still stacked at the running back position with DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart and Mike Tolbert on the roster. [B]Fully expect Stewart to remain on the trading block while heading into his final year of his rookie contract[/B].[/I]

[URL]http://www.thepigskinreport.com/2012/03/oakland-raiders-trade-for-carolina-panthers-rb/[/URL]

I can find more if you'd like.

You can blah blah blah all you want (you usually do) but you know no more than anyone else. You and all of your "common sense."

I've been saying it sense day one I think nothing of Carolina's RBs. Williams is done and Stewart is obviously just a BU. Quote his stats all you want it doesn't make him better. If he where any good Carolina wouldn't have overpaid for an aging Williams or signed Tolbert. Tolbert may actually be there best RB and he isn't that good. I am still a Carolina fan FYI so I am not just being a fan boy with these comments. Quote stats all you want I have seen these guys play. Not one of them is better then Greene. We are lucky to have a guy like Greene who is making nothing. I still say if Carolina has a shot at Trent Richardson they should take it. That team needs a RB more then most us. Cut the 2 overpaid hacks that can't get it done. If anyone truly thinks Carolina is stacked at RB they'd just be wrong. It is a glaring need IMO. Blount is better then anyone they have and he isn't better then Greene ether. D Brown average 4.8 ypa last year and was 3rd on Indies depth to start the year. It doesn't make him a beast. These are bottom of the barrel cast offs your talking here not better then average RBs.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4435912]I've been saying it sense day one I think nothing of Carolina's RBs. Williams is done and Stewart is obviously just a BU. Quote his stats all you want it doesn't make him better. If he where any good Carolina wouldn't have overpaid for an aging Williams or signed Tolbert. Tolbert may actually be there best RB and he isn't that good. I am still a Carolina fan FYI so I am not just being a fan boy with these comments. Quote stats all you want I have seen these guys play. Not one of them is better then Greene. We are lucky to have a guy like Greene who is making nothing. I still say if Carolina has a shot at Trent Richardson they should take it. That team needs a RB more then most us. Cut the 2 overpaid hacks that can't get it done. If anyone truly thinks Carolina is stacked at RB they'd just be wrong. It is a glaring need IMO. Blount is better then anyone they have and he isn't better then Greene ether. D Brown average 4.8 ypa last year and was 3rd on Indies depth to start the year. It doesn't make him a beast. These are bottom of the barrel cast offs your talking here not better then average RBs.[/QUOTE]

Donald Brown had 134 carries last year for a team what was WAY behind most of the time, making it easy to run the ball. His first two years he averaged 3.6 and 3.9 yards per carry.

You think that DeAngelo Williams is average too? He gets hurt a lot, but he's really good when he's actually on the field. He has a career 5.1 average and has been above 5.0 ypc in 4 out of his 6 seasons. Stewart has been above 5.0 in 2 out of 4 seasons and has never been below 4.3 ypc.

If that's not getting it done, then what is?

Since 2008, when they drafted Stewart, the Panthers have finished:

2008: 2nd
    2009: 2nd
    2010: 11th
    2011: 1st

in ypa on the ground. I have no idea how you developed such a warped perspective on their running game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4435957]Donald Brown had 134 carries last year for a team what was WAY behind most of the time, making it easy to run the ball. His first two years he averaged 3.6 and 3.9 yards per carry.

You think that DeAngelo Williams is average too? He gets hurt a lot, but he's really good when he's actually on the field. He has a career 5.1 average and has been above 5.0 ypc in 4 out of his 6 seasons. Stewart has been above 5.0 in 2 out of 4 seasons and has never been below 4.3 ypc.

If that's not getting it done, then what is?

Since 2008, when they drafted Stewart, the Panthers have finished:

2008: 2nd
    2009: 2nd
    2010: 11th
    2011: 1st

in ypa on the ground. I have no idea how you developed such a [B]warped[/B] perspective on their running game.[/QUOTE]
    Good choice of words.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4435793]Has nothing to do with homerism. You just named 2 of the worst starters in the league and an average BU at best. They simply are not better then an average starter. Get real.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?

Murray is an up and coming beast who absolutely broke out last year. Starter over Greene on Jets.

Blount is young, struggled a bit last year but is a very talented back. Starter over Greene on Jets.

J Stew isn't even a starter but in gauging pure talent he is a very good overall back. Would take Greene's job by week 4.

Shonn Greene is not better then any of these players. Possibly J Stew based solely on body of work over an entire season but that's it.