Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Musical question...

  1. #1
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276

    Musical question...

    How the hell does a band put out a song like this and then go to have a completely unlistenable catalog afterwards?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFwjD9wMeik

    discuss

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    671
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,476
    I just remember wanting to cruller Kevin Cronin's little head with a mic stand.

    The way he pronounced words, the giant hair surrounding that wee bird face.

    I actually found this tune a little unlistenable as well.


  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,540
    They open with "Roll With the Changes" and just to keep you there for the whole crappy show, "Can't Fight This Feeling" and "Keep On Loving You" are the encores.

  5. #5
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Reed View Post
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.
    I knew that!

    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I just remember wanting to cruller Kevin Cronin's little head with a mic stand.

    The way he pronounced words, the giant hair surrounding that wee bird face.

    I actually found this tune a little unlistenable as well.

    He sort of looks like Howard Stern lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    They open with "Roll With the Changes" and just to keep you there for the whole crappy show, "Can't Fight This Feeling" and "Keep On Loving You" are the encores.
    I guess I would leave after the first song then

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    They open with "Roll With the Changes" and just to keep you there for the whole crappy show, "Can't Fight This Feeling" and "Keep On Loving You" are the encores.

    I can't see the youtube link - is this for OREO FagWagon?

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I just remember wanting to cruller Kevin Cronin's little head with a mic stand.

    The way he pronounced words, the giant hair surrounding that wee bird face.

    I actually found this tune a little unlistenable as well.


    Did you know that Billy Squier is his half-brother?


  8. #8
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I can't see the youtube link - is this for OREO FagWagon?
    lol, yepper

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    671
    I went to an REO Speedwagon concert a few years ago at Lake Winnapasaukee, part of the Washed up '80's Bands Tour. Styx was the opening band.

    When they came out and said, "It's great to be back in New Hampshire!", I nearly fell out of my seat laughing.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I can't see the youtube link - is this for OREO FagWagon?
    ok - now you've gone hyperdrivephunnee....

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    4,164
    The same musical genius led them, Jefferson Airplane and Aerosmith down the same road.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Reed View Post

    When they came out and said, "It's great to be back in New Hampshire!", I nearly fell out of my seat laughing.

    Now that is the reason why you were missed around here RV....or do I mean OR?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us