Saturday April 14th: Jon Niese vs. Vance Worley
    Sunday April 15th: Mike Pelfrey vs. Cole Hamels

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    David Wright cleared to play.
    Are you guys happy about this?

I would think this early on they would give him a bit more time to heal up so this doesnt turn into a season long nagging thing, no?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

I would think this early on they would give him a bit more time to heal up so this doesnt turn into a season long nagging thing, no?
    Obviously I want a healthy David Wright in the game -- he's our best player and our offense has gone anemic without him in the lineup -- but the question is obviously how healthy he is.

The Mets medical staff has obviously not earned the benefit of the doubt, so there are concerns, but I'm guessing the injury just isn't that serious; despite their rocky recent history I doubt they'd let him play if he wasn't okay. Wright apparently didn't want to miss any time and the team insisted he sit for a few so they could properly diagnose it. Hopefully it doesn't backfire.

All Pro
    Jason Bay hit a home run. Pray to whatever deity you believe in. The world is ending.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Jason Bay hit a home run. Pray to whatever deity you believe in. The world is ending.
    Had a great assist as well.

Good game for the Metsies so far.

-

It's not really correct to say he was cleared, despite what some outlets have reported, he was just told he couldn't make it any worse by playing with a broken pinky, thus he can play whenever it's tolerable.

Problem is, right now is pinky is still so swollen that he can't properly grip a bat or a baseball. He's still most likely going on the DL.

All League
    R.A. Dickey is a mother ucking boss.

That is all.

David Wright doesn't seem to be hurting anymore...2 huge wins for the Mets down in Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    It's not really correct to say he was cleared, despite what some outlets have reported, he was just told he couldn't make it any worse by playing with a broken pinky, thus he can play whenever it's tolerable.

Problem is, right now is pinky is still so swollen that he can't properly grip a bat or a baseball. He's still most likely going on the DL.
    Never been more happy to be wrong.

All Pro
    Yeah, certainly didn't seem to be anything wrong with Wright yesterday. Looked great.

Really want to get out the brooms today to sweep that Philly trash right out of their own building. Hopefully Peflfrey is up to the task.

Banned
    Pelfrey blows....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

All Pro
    He looked horrible in the first, but Pelfrey actually gave a decent outing yesterday, far better than he typically does against the Phillies. Obviously it was disapointing the bullpen collapsed to prevent the sweep, but I'll chalk up two out of three at citizens bank as a victory any day.