Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan Rogue... opinions?

All League

Nissan Rogue... opinions?

I'm looking at this compact SUV (Nissan Rogue) and was interested in y'alls opinion.

I don't need a ton of cargo space, and I'm not planning on towing anything heavy, and those seem to be the only two cons about this car. I prefer the 4 cylinder engine because I'd get 28mpg out of it.

I think this Compact SUV is less girly than a CR-V or the Rav4.

What say you?

[IMG]http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/ce/54/ce544c309fb9456a3f6c3d1243684323.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/e1/50/e1505bbbf66920a4f2fee040e6476807.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/36/7b/367b033fdd15aecfa5a543ca8ad479dd.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/bf/d2/bfd2d4c688935f72d3aa8ebad91efe44.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    fag wagon......

no I'm sorry

why ask hampuer advice on cars????????

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    If I were to buy a rice burner Nissan would be last tied with Mazda.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think the 2012 CRV looks better (re:less girly) than the previous body style. I hate to say it, but I think the Rogue is girly too - but less so in all black.
    My brother in law has had one for a few years but I don't know what he thinks of it.

Wife test drove one and it had some weird like 'paddle shifter' thing on the steering wheel, didn't quite get that whole thing.

Subaru Forester on your radar?
    Last edited by Fishooked; 04-13-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Just don't park that piece of **** next to any BMW's in the parking lot of Metlife Stadium.

All League
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4434549] why ask hampuer advice on cars????????[/QUOTE]

Why ask [U]anything[/U] in the hampur? for amusement.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4434551]I think the 2012 CRV looks better (re:less girly) than the previous body style. I hate to say it, but I think the Rogue is girly too - but less so in all black.

Subaru Forester on your radar?[/QUOTE]

My mother has one of those, LL Bean edition, not bad.

All League
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4434551]I think the 2012 CRV looks better (re:less girly) than the previous body style. I hate to say it, but I think the Rogue is girly too - but less so in all black.
    My brother in law has had one for a few years but I don't know what he thinks of it.

Wife test drove one and it had some weird like 'paddle shifter' thing on the steering wheel, didn't quite get that whole thing.

Subaru Forester on your radar?[/QUOTE]

I've wanted a Subaru for a looong time, but I'm putting my wife through a Masters degree at Seton Hall, so the Rogue price is unbeatable. Cheaper than Subaru, Kia, Hyundai, Mazda, Honda, and Toyota. Price is defintely the main factor in my decision making.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4434555]My mother has one of those, LL Bean edition, not bad.[/QUOTE]

Friend of mine has one in all black, they are a little bigger than it years past and a little more rugged looking. Good gas mileage, decent cargo room, and its surefooted - and reliable.

Part of me wants to like the Korean offerings (Kia, Hyundai) but I don't think I can just yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Banks81;4434559]I've wanted a Subaru for a looong time, but I'm putting my wife through a Masters degree at Seton Hall, so the Rogue price is unbeatable. Cheaper than Subaru, Kia, Hyundai, Mazda, Honda, and Toyota. Price is defintely the main factor in my decision making.[/QUOTE]

Ugh - yeah that's the thing with those damn Subarus is paying for the name too.....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4434560]Friend of mine has one in all black, they are a little bigger than it years past and a little more rugged looking. Good gas mileage, decent cargo room, and its surefooted - and reliable.

Part of me wants to like the Korean offerings (Kia, Hyundai) but I don't think I can just yet.[/QUOTE]

And AWD.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I think the only small SUV that looks remotely like a guy's car is the Ford Escape.

sorry

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4434564]I think the only small SUV that looks remotely like a guy's car is the Ford Escape.

sorry[/QUOTE]

Rather have a new Jeep of sorts.

All League
    My father bought one about a year ago to replace a larger SUV and he's so glad that he did. The car is simple in design but has everything you could want. It drives well and gets better gas mileage than my sedan. It's definitely worth a look.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4434564]I think the only small SUV that looks remotely like a guy's car is the Ford Escape.

sorry[/QUOTE]

The Escape is just not comfortable or powerful enough for me. I test drove one on Wednesday to see how I'd like it and I was not a fan at all.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Banks81;4434576]The Escape is just not comfortable or powerful enough for me. I test drove one on Wednesday to see how I'd like it and I was not a fan at all.[/QUOTE]

its good you checked it out, a friend of mine just bought a rogue for his daughter he likes it a lot, good luck if you decide to go that way. :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    Escapes have a roll history?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4434560]

[B]Part of me wants to like the Korean offerings (Kia, Hyundai) but I don't think I can just yet[/B].[/QUOTE]

You can give in and just like them, lots of people are doing it these days.

Maybe Borgo could even help

All League
    [QUOTE=JetChefJR;4434572]My father bought one about a year ago to replace a larger SUV and he's so glad that he did. The car is simple in design but has everything you could want. It drives well and gets better gas mileage than my sedan. It's definitely worth a look.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The gas mileage is great for an AWD vehicle and it has everything that I want in a vehicle right now. I don't need a large SUV, but I do want 4WD or AWD. I'm definitely leaning towards the Rogue. The resale value is also best in its class. Thank for your input.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4434567]Rather have a new Jeep of sorts.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that crappy butt-ugly Compass counts though.

Seriously though - wtf has Jeep done?
    They stop making their most popular model, the Cherokee
    Then they concentrate on making the Liberty.
    Then they come out with some overpriced elongated version of the Cherokee and called it something else, which lasted what, a couple of years?

Then they stop making the Liberty - or renamed the Compass as the Liberty. Or something.

Regardless I owned a Cherokee. Stay away. Far away.