Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Rogue... opinions?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4434578]Escapes have a roll history?[/QUOTE]

That's how I roll

[IMG]http://images.dailydawdle.com/wear-your-seatbelt1.gif[/IMG]

edit: GMC Yukon, no?

edit edit: wait for the shoe at the end (bottom right)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The CVT transmission is pretty awesome. It doesn't shift like a regular transmission...never spill a coffee again. :P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4434588]The CVT transmission is pretty awesome. It doesn't shift like a regular transmission...never spill a coffee again. :P[/QUOTE]

In the Nissan, or the Ford?

On another note - is it actually true that Fords are no longer the peices of crap they used to be?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4434599]In the Nissan, or the Ford?[/QUOTE]

Both

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4434551]I think the 2012 CRV looks better (re:less girly) than the previous body style. I hate to say it, but I think the Rogue is girly too - but less so in all black.
    My brother in law has had one for a few years but I don't know what he thinks of it.

Wife test drove one and it had some weird like 'paddle shifter' thing on the steering wheel, didn't quite get that whole thing.

Subaru Forester on your radar?[/QUOTE]

I'd go with the CR-V as well for the reason Fish stated, it's less girly.

The Subaru = Lesbaru.

[IMG]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z444/wetworks73/JI/TrueStory.png[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Fishooked;4434581]I don't think that crappy butt-ugly Compass counts though.

Seriously though - wtf has Jeep done?
    They stop making their most popular model, the Cherokee
    Then they concentrate on making the Liberty.
    Then they come out with some overpriced elongated version of the Cherokee and called it something else, which lasted what, a couple of years?

Then they stop making the Liberty - or renamed the Compass as the Liberty. Or something.

Regardless I owned a Cherokee. Stay away. Far away.[/QUOTE]

They discontinued the Commander. The new Grand Cherokee is very good, I intend to get one once i am done with the lease on my Liberty (also a solid SUV). Just MHO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Honda CR-V looks like a fish tank on wheels,especially those without tinted windows in the back .The Nissan Rogue is more sportier and looks sharper. The Kia Sorrento also looks sharp. Good luck with whatever you buy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4434769]The Honda CR-V looks like a fish tank on wheels,especially those without tinted windows in the back .The Nissan Rogue is more sportier and looks sharper. The Kia Sorrento also looks sharp. Good luck with whatever you buy.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but its the roomiest in its segment. When's the last time you saw a Honda without tinted glass?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4434769]The Honda CR-V looks like a fish tank on wheels,especially those without tinted windows in the back .The Nissan Rogue is more sportier and looks sharper. The Kia Sorrento also looks sharp. Good luck with whatever you buy.[/QUOTE]

:vomits:

I agree with you. Kia, believe it or not, actually makes pretty sharp vehicles now. Smart business model to start off making economy vehicles and then steadily increase the quality while keeping the prices reasonable.

I went to price a new truck the other day. F*cking A. I'm not paying you 50K for something I'm going to fill the back with dirt and crap and have scratches and digs on in a month because....

....well, I dunno...

...it's a f*cking work truck :dunce:

What are they smoking?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4434581]I don't think that crappy butt-ugly Compass counts though.

Seriously though - wtf has Jeep done?
    They stop making their most popular model, the Cherokee
    Then they concentrate on making the Liberty.
    Then they come out with some overpriced elongated version of the Cherokee and called it something else, which lasted what, a couple of years?

Then they stop making the Liberty - or renamed the Compass as the Liberty. Or something.

Regardless I owned a Cherokee. Stay away. Far away.[/QUOTE]

i have a 99 jeep cherokee. aside from swappin' the transmission at 98k, she has givin me no problems. and the oem replacement parts are priced just right for tight budgets. they really dont make them like thyey used to anymore tho thats for sure... :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4434801]i have a 99 jeep cherokee. aside from swappin' the transmission at 98k, she has givin me no problems. and the oem replacement parts are priced just right for tight budgets. they really dont make them like thyey used to anymore tho thats for sure... :yes:[/QUOTE]

I grabbed a 98 Cherokee from a dealership in Nyack 2 weeks ago for my Mom. Had to drive it from NY to Maine for her. Nice ride...has 103k on it (light for a Jeep), got it for 1800. Thing will last for her forever in Maine...she only drives about 30 miles a week. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4434805]I grabbed a 98 Cherokee from a dealership in Nyack 2 weeks ago for my Mom. Had to drive it from NY to Maine for her. Nice ride...has 103k on it (light for a Jeep), got it for 1800. Thing will last for her forever in Maine...she only drives about 30 miles a week. :yes:[/QUOTE]

i gotta tell you those inline-sixes are bulletproof. i have a two wheel drive sport and the jeep was still rugged enough for taking "short cuts". only downside is there isnt much leg room if any for people in the back.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I leased a 2012 rouge
    I really like it
    SL edition is the way to go
    Comfortable ride
    Sound system is pretty good and HID headlamps

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4434796]:vomits:

I agree with you. Kia, believe it or not, actually makes pretty sharp vehicles now. Smart business model to start off making economy vehicles and then steadily increase the quality while keeping the prices reasonable.

I went to price a new truck the other day. F*cking A. I'm not paying you 50K for something I'm going to fill the back with dirt and crap and have scratches and digs on in a month because....

....well, I dunno...

What are they smoking?[/QUOTE]

believe it or not...check Ebay....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you.
    [/QUOTE]

Liquid or chunks and did you re-swallow any?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

....well, I dunno...

What are they smoking?[/QUOTE]

I agree with your premise. I've always had a truck, not necessarily as my primary vehicle, but I need a truck.

Never buy a new truck.

My current truck is a 2003 Tundra that I bought about 5 years ago. I've never even washed it. I back into things on purpose. I load it with dirt, rocks, garbage, and ****.

I'm grateful to the guy who bought it new and took the $20,000 depreciation hit for me.
    Last edited by Owen Reed; 04-13-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4434805]I grabbed a 98 Cherokee from a dealership in Nyack 2 weeks ago for my Mom. Had to drive it from NY to Maine for her. Nice ride...has 103k on it (light for a Jeep), got it for 1800. Thing will last for her forever in Maine...she only drives about 30 miles a week. :yes:[/QUOTE]

The JEEPS are indestructable fine piece of machinery. They last forever thats why they stopped making them. ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4434828]I agree with your premise. I've always had a truck, not necessarily as my primary vehicle, but I need a truck.

Never buy a new truck.

My current truck is a 2003 Tundra that I bought about 5 years ago. I've never even washed it. I back into things on purpose. I load it with dirt, rocks, garbage, and ****.

I'm grateful to the guy who bought it new and took the $20,000 depreciation hit for me.[/QUOTE]

you are very smart for that friend. my wife wants the new v8 tundra but there's no effin way im paying 40k for a car let alone a truck. pre-owned is the way to go.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4434829]The JEEPS are indestructable fine piece of machinery. They last forever thats why they stopped making them. ;)[/QUOTE]

exactly lmao.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4434844]you are very smart[/QUOTE]

This is what I've been saying.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

ROGUE..

Hey guys Im writing this from my office at a Nissan Dealer in service dept. The rogue is the same as the altima same power train. 2.5 liter engine and cvt transmission. Its a good running good milelage small suv.Nothing fancy but comfortable and cheap to own. No big reccomendation but its a good choice if you want a small affordable suv...Btw I drive a Mercedes GLK350 another small SUV but more money. More in line price and size with the Murano...G :D