Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Rogue... opinions?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... it may be a good buy ... it is more of a woman's car though ... not that there's anything wrong with that ...

... my wife drives the CR-V (also a woman's car ... but not as much as the rogue imo) ... we've been very happy with it ...

... enjoy ...

l_j_r

Madonna likes the Rogue..........:D

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuJQSAiODqI&ob=av2e[/url]

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4434881]... it may be a good buy ... it is more of a woman's car though ... not that there's anything wrong with that ...

... my wife drives the CR-V (also a woman's car ... but not as much as the rogue imo) ... we've been very happy with it ...

... enjoy ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

I had a CRV a few years back. It was an OK little vehicle, good on gas and whatnot.

But, I noticed as I drove around and saw other CRVs that I was the only male who was driving a CRV. The only one.

I got rid of it shortly thereafter.

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4434884]I had a CRV a few years back. It was an OK little vehicle, good on gas and whatnot.

But, I noticed as I drove around and saw other CRVs that I was the only male who was driving a CRV. The only one.

I got rid of it shortly thereafter.[/QUOTE]

Its like a mini-van those things suck! (owned or leased)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4434884] I was the only male who was driving a CRV. The only one.

... agree ... basically any of the smaller SUV's are going to fall into predominantly female car ... except jeep wrangler ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    A non female small SUV I would suggest is the gmc terrain....very nice truck....has great features and you can one somewhat equipped for under 30k

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4434801]i have a 99 jeep cherokee. aside from swappin' the transmission at 98k, she has givin me no problems. and the oem replacement parts are priced just right for tight budgets. they really dont make them like thyey used to anymore tho thats for sure... :yes:[/QUOTE]

That's the problem...you shouldn't have to swap out the transmission at 100k. Sure the engines might be solid, everything else surrounding it was crap. Worst vehicle I ever owned.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4434889]Its like a mini-van those things suck! (owned or leased)[/QUOTE]

But for my wife and the kids, it definitely doesn't suck.
    It's safe,reliaable,better on gas and in the snow than any mini-van. So it's not like a mini-van at all. Aside from women driving them.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4434884]I had a CRV a few years back. It was an OK little vehicle, good on gas and whatnot.

Dont forget about the senior crowd too.

All League
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4434906]That's the problem...you shouldn't have to swap out the transmission at 100k. Sure the engines might be solid, everything else surrounding it was crap. Worst vehicle I ever owned.[/QUOTE]

i delivered mail in it the first three years i owned it. lots of stop and go wreaks havoc on the gears... i changed it on a weekend with my father in law for three hundred bucks and a six pack.

[QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4434922]i delivered mail in it the first three years i owned it. lots of stop and go wreaks havoc on the gears... i changed it on a weekend with my father in law for three hundred bucks and a six pack.[/QUOTE]

Was it right hand drive?

All League
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4434926]Was it right hand drive?[/QUOTE]

no. i had to buy and install the conversion kit for it. twas a byotch to put in but i managed. the only time the jeep is any garage other than my own is to put fresh tires on. those tire changing machines are pretty expensive lol.

[QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4434927]no. i had to buy and install the conversion kit for it. twas a byotch to put in but i managed. the only time the jeep is any garage other than my own is to put fresh tires on. those tire changing machines are pretty expensive lol.[/QUOTE]

Coats?

All League
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4434931]Coats?[/QUOTE]

dont remember the brand to be honest. bought the kit off ebay. think i spent about 950 for it with the shipping

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Rouge is horrible. Just got stuck with a brand new one as a rental after my car got hit.

-cheap fit and finish
    -the acceleration of a model T
    -awful ride

Hated it so much I traded it after a week for a VW Tiguan which was still not great but a rolls Royce compared to the rogue. I'd rather get a used higher quality SUV like an Acura or volvo. Even a Honda is a much higher quality product. Punt the Nissan.

Hall Of Fame
    I hear the Honda CRV is reliable. But they are just so damn ugly. And like Owen said, it is 99% female.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4435022]Rouge is horrible. Just got stuck with a brand new one as a rental after my car got hit.

-cheap fit and finish
    -the acceleration of a model T
    -awful ride

Hated it so much I traded it after a week for a VW Tiguan which was still not great but a rolls Royce compared to the rogue. I'd rather get a used higher quality SUV like an Acura or volvo. Even a Honda is a much higher quality product. Punt the Nissan.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what the hell happened to Nissan. Maybe they just aren't as Japanese as they used to be. Or following GM's business model....or something.

[QUOTE=Fishooked;4435489]I don't know what the hell happened to Nissan. Maybe they just aren't as Japanese as they used to be. Or following GM's business model....or something.[/QUOTE]

Nissan is just trying to compete. They built the Rogue to keep up with the Ford Edge and other crossover SUVs in the same price range. What do you really expect for that kind of money?

My mechanic friend all the time tells me Nissan,Honda,Toyota are the best cars for the money.

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4435022]
    Hated it so much I traded it after a week for a VW Tiguan which was still not great[/QUOTE]

lol, a sales guy made me drive one before leasing my Touareg...

Hate 4 bangers and this was no exception...

All League
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zfl0sLyeOg[/url]

how about this one guys...