Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rod Boone leaving the Jets beat job at Newsday

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4434988]Most recently Mahat:

[LIST=1][*]Talked his editors into a vacation in Florida claiming he could get a story from holMEs who refused to talk to him[*]To cover his butt and cabana costs, he pulled yet another "anonymous" source and printed nothing but negatives.[*]When I commented on the article page (politely, not bashing or name calling) that anonymous sources have no credibility, he had the comment deleted.[*]When he missed the Hayden scoop, he tweeted it was another Jets circus.[*]The next day he re-printed someone elses article. So I commented again asking what happend to his circus comments? He deleted that comment to.[*]When the positive news about the holMEs training week came out, stung that he had failed and someone else had succeeded, he re-printed his article from #2 above.[*]When I commented again that this was a positive and he was printing old news, he deleted the comment again.[/LIST]Summary: He is a douch*, untrustworthy, with zero integrity. Any questions?[/QUOTE]

It may be possible that the sports editors at Daily News want the beat writers to spin the negative. It just seems to me that all the "jets-are-a-circus" angle always seem to come from them or their proteges.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4435056]It may be possible that the sports editors at Daily News want the beat writers to spin the negative. It just seems to me that all the "jets-are-a-circus" angle always seem to come from them or their proteges.[/QUOTE]

I think there is some truth to this.

I also think the DN is a little negative with the Yanks. I know they are in business with the Mets through SNY, so that may have something to do with it.

Then there was that whole thing a couple of weeks ago with The Garden. I am as hard on Dolan as anyone, but I think once he called out DN they shut up. I give him credit for that.

I think that in this day in age it is hard for print media to survive. And controversy sells. This has effected the quality of reporting we get.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Junk;4435023]Manish is a thousand times better than Cimini, but the "unnamed player" thing that he does is just lazy, irresponsible reporting and I wish he would stay away from it.

I also wish he didn't tweet about every single thing Tebow does.

Outside of that he is a fine beat reporter. I don't need a beat reporter to be a homer but the extreme negativity of Cimini is tough to take.[/QUOTE]

No one seems as outraged as I that he and the Daily News would be deleting comments that don't agree with the slant of the article. And I'm talking about comments that are carefully written not to be insulting or slanderous, just disagreeing. To me this is tantamount to making up facts or purposely leaving facts out to slant the news. Maybe I'm too much of an idealist.