Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Upshaw, Barron, Floyd, or Ingram?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4435703]I don't think a lot of people on here remembered that Jacksonville signed Laurent Robinson at the start of free agency. With him, Mike Thomas, and now Lee Evans, I don't see them drafting a WR in the first round at this point.[/QUOTE]

Hello, Mr. Ingram. Welcome to Jacksonville. :(

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4435703]I don't think a lot of people on here remembered that Jacksonville signed Laurent Robinson at the start of free agency. With him, Mike Thomas, and now Lee Evans, I don't see them drafting a WR in the first round at this point.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Jacksonville is going Ingram. Buffalo remains the largest threat to draft Floyd. Hopefully they go Reiff at that pick, but its looking less likely Floyd gets to 16. Maybe we should start some "anonymous" stories about Floyd that will cause him to slide.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4436015]Exactly. Jacksonville is going Ingram. Buffalo remains the largest threat to draft Floyd. Hopefully they go Reiff at that pick, but its looking less likely Floyd gets to 16. Maybe we should start some "anonymous" stories about Floyd that will cause him to slide.[/QUOTE]

ok. He has recurring alcohol issues.

He rarely gets long gainers, with only one catch over 35 yards all season and that was on busted coverage.

oh wait... these are facts, not fabricated stories. Never mind.

Best regards,
    anon-y-mouse

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4435976]can barron cover a guy like hernandez or gronkowski? is landry going to last the season? imo the jets should go for bpa and if it's barron then pick him.[/QUOTE]

Barron is an excellent player and I would understand if thats the route we go, but one question thats fair to ask the barron supporters....

Did we need new safeties in the playoffs vs NE?

The answer is no, because we were able to generate a pass rush with 3 or 4 guys and play zone all around revis.

Do I of course want the next ed reed, sure. But safety is not a "premium" position and while I believe our or worse then most in the league, I think that an ingram/upshaw first round pick along with brandon taylor or another safety later in the draft is a better scenario then barron and then hoping curry is there in the 2nd.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

NO! NO! NO! Upshaw or Floyd!!!

Ingram: Distant top pick!
    Barron: Yawn....but "safe"
    Upshaw: BUST! BUST! Slow tweener, JOE BLOW!
    Floyd: "Has the POTENTIAL to be a solid #2...TOPS! Can't separate, ordinary, HUGE WASTE at #16...I'd take Cotchery back (too late now!) rather than this guy....NO UPSIDE...

All gone? Stephon Hill, size, hands, blazing speed, a bit of a project, but a potential All Pro, somebody our opponents would have to gameplan against...risky, but VERY HIGH CEILING!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jamaicajoe;4436057]Ingram: Distant top pick!
    Barron: Yawn....but "safe"
    Upshaw: BUST! BUST! Slow tweener, JOE BLOW!
    Floyd: "Has the POTENTIAL to be a solid #2...TOPS! Can't separate, ordinary, HUGE WASTE at #16...I'd take Cotchery back (too late now!) rather than this guy....NO UPSIDE...

All gone? Stephon Hill, size, hands, blazing speed, a bit of a project, but a potential All Pro, somebody our opponents would have to gameplan against...risky, but VERY HIGH CEILING!![/QUOTE]

Classic Case of the Combine.

So a guy who dominated the college ranks for three years and showed even greater athleticism than expected at the combine has no upside, but a guy who was a late-2nd/early 3rd pick before running very fast in a straight line is now the guy with the unlimited ceiling?

I'm not saying Hill can't/won't be good. But drafting a guy based primarily on measurables is how you end up with a Vernon Gholston. Drafting a guy who doesn't dazzle you athletically but has shown the ability to dominate his position is how you end up with an Anquan Boldin.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barron and Upshaw are overrated because of the school they went to. And the lack of quality Ss in Barron's case.

Floyd or Ingram or Glenn are much better choices.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4434832]Here it is right here. Ingram won't be available.

I can't believe so many are sleeping on how much Floyd can change this team. [B]He is the medicine for a terrible 3rd-down offense[/B] and a QB who struggles at times with accuracy issues.

Wouldn't be pissed if Barron was the pick though.[/QUOTE]

Not if the QB dosn't have time to throw.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jamaicajoe;4436057]
    Floyd: "Has the POTENTIAL to be a solid #2...TOPS! Can't separate, ordinary, HUGE WASTE at #16...I'd take Cotchery back (too late now!) rather than this guy....NO UPSIDE...[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/that-really-rustled-my-jimmies.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are trading up for Ingram.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4441393]Jets are trading up for Ingram.[/QUOTE]

Peter King and some others have the Jets taking Dontari Poe...:eek:

Rex Ryan's gleeful. Deep down he knows Poe has a chance to be another Haloti Ngata, a freakishly talented interior force against the run and pass

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

agreed... I don't think jax really wants ingram. his true value is to 3-4 teams as an OLB, he's not built to play 4-3 DE or DT in NFL. jax can trade back to 16 and still pick a premium pass rushing DE

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4436197]Classic Case of the Combine.

So a guy who dominated the college ranks for three years and showed even greater athleticism than expected at the combine has no upside, but a guy who was a late-2nd/early 3rd pick before running very fast in a straight line is now the guy with the unlimited ceiling?

I'm not saying Hill can't/won't be good. But drafting a guy based primarily on measurables is how you end up with a Vernon Gholston. Drafting a guy who doesn't dazzle you athletically but has shown the ability to dominate his position is how you end up with an Anquan Boldin.[/QUOTE]

You are so right!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike Lombardi just provided a mock draft to NFL Network. It was a dream scenario for the Jets in which BOTH Ingram and Floyd were on the board at #16. Naturally Lombardi had the Jets taking Ingram.

Take it for what it's worth, but I thought it was encouraging at least that two of the players we'd like to see as fans might still be on the board without the need for a trade-up.

Lombardi had Tannehill at #8 to Miami, Barron at #10 to Buffalo and Poe at #12 (:eek:) to Seattle - the kind of shakeup it would take to see Ingram and Floyd fall. Interestingly, Lombardi didn't even have Floyd going in the top 20.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barron. Not sure about Ingram.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    None of the above is my answer. I would move up to make sure we get Dave DeCastro.

Otherwise, Barron is the only one of these four guys worth pick 16 (for us as a 3-4 team).

Ingram and Upshaw may not have the size or skills needed to play OLB in a 3-4.

I also think Floyd is overrated.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sheastadiumjetfanson;4434655]Assuming none get picked before us (very unlikely), which is the best pick?

Upshaw, a good DE? (In my opinion, I do not think he makes the transition to NFL and is a BUST)

Barron, a great safety? (Much needed - really would like to pick Barron)

Ingram, a great LB/DE hybrid? (Looks like a legit pass-rusher, but would prefer Barron the Safety instead)

Floyd, a great receiver? (Receivers are dime a dozen, don't think we should take Floyd if Barron/Ingram are available)

My opinion? Take Barron if available. If not? Ingram. If both are gone, take Floyd. If all three gone? Personally I would not take Upshaw.

So who else is a good pick at 16 if Floyd/Barron/Ingram are gone?[/QUOTE]

Fletcher Cox is said to intrigue Rex and T. Personally I want Barron.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4441459]Mike Lombardi just provided a mock draft to NFL Network. It was a dream scenario for the Jets in which BOTH Ingram and Floyd were on the board at #16. Naturally Lombardi had the Jets taking Ingram.

Take it for what it's worth, but I thought it was encouraging at least that two of the players we'd like to see as fans might still be on the board without the need for a trade-up.

Lombardi had Tannehill at #8 to Miami, Barron at #10 to Buffalo and Poe at #12 (:eek:) to Seattle - the kind of shakeup it would take to see Ingram and Floyd fall. Interestingly, Lombardi didn't even have Floyd going in the top 20.[/QUOTE]

I posted about a week ago that Albert Breer had Twittered that when he showed his people around the league a draft of his mock, in which he had Floyd going at #19, all of them thought it was about right.

I think that there have probably been some pretty intense arguments between scouting departments and GMs/coaching staffs around the league. I'd imagine that scouts think he should go top 12, while management will be hesitant to pull the trigger on him that high. There is a history of WRs dropping in the 1st round.