Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama's Press Secretary Steps In It

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Obama's Press Secretary Steps In It

Questioned about President Obama's reaction to the Secret Service scandal, Jay Carney responds:

[QUOTE]Well, this is a matter that's being looked into in an appropriate manner by the Secret Service itself. It would not be appropriate for the President to characterize something that's being looked into by the Secret Service at this time. ...[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/04/14/carney_not_appropriate_for_obama_to_comment_on_ongoing_secret_service_investigation.html[/url]

The contrast between this and Obama's willingness to jump into the George Zimmerman case leaps to mind all too readily - and in fact, RCP's article linked above linked the two, much as I did in my head when I first heard the soundbite played on news radio. When a guy as middle of the road as me and a site as all-around neutral as RCP are drawing that link . . . well, you can bet this will become the next Rush/Sean/Mark topic du jour - and for once, rightly so, IMO.

Better believe Carney is catching hell for that one behind closed doors.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4435795]Questioned about President Obama's reaction to the Secret Service scandal, Jay Carney responds:

[url]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/04/14/carney_not_appropriate_for_obama_to_comment_on_ongoing_secret_service_investigation.html[/url]

The contrast between this and Obama's willingness to jump into the George Zimmerman case leaps to mind all too readily - and in fact, RCP's article linked above linked the two, much as I did in my head when I first heard the soundbite played on news radio. When a guy as middle of the road as me and a site as all-around neutral as RCP are drawing that link . . . well, you can bet this will become the next Rush/Sean/Mark topic du jour - and for once, rightly so, IMO.

Better believe Carney is catching hell for that one behind closed doors.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I for one must know the Presidents stance on the Secret Service and their use of 'French Ticklers' with Columbian prostitutes.

This is of the upmost importance.

:rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4435806]Agreed.

I for one must know the Presidents stance on the Secret Service and their use of 'French Ticklers' with Columbian prostitutes.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

What does the President know about about FrenchTickleGate and when did he know it?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIUsuTOid_UdQPaatEIHxvUAyCnbgm0U6Wvs_piRJLitA-Ovwv[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4435806]Agreed.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Missing the point. It's not that he should have commented on the secret service thing - it's that he should never have jumped into the Zimmerman conversation (or the Henry Louis Gates conversation, either). All Carney's comment does is highlight that.

Carney would have been much better off with the response the President gave today - it's being investigated, we hope it wasn't true, but if it is, he's obviously outraged.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4435795]Questioned about President Obama's reaction to the Secret Service scandal, Jay Carney responds:

Better believe Carney is catching hell for that one behind closed doors.[/QUOTE]

With this president I'd expect at least a "The Secret Service acted stupidly?" He's proven that he loves to characterize ongoing investigations.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4435823]Missing the point. It's not that he should have commented on the secret service thing - it's that he should never have jumped into the Zimmerman conversation (or the Henry Louis Gates conversation, either). All Carney's comment does is highlight that.

Carney would have been much better off with the response the President gave today - it's being investigated, we hope it wasn't true, but if it is, he's obviously outraged.[/QUOTE]

Obama screwed the pooch on the professor thing, but the Martin case?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4435829]Obama screwed the pooch on the professor thing, but the Martin case?[/QUOTE]

"I'm saddened by the loss of a young man's life, but I'm not going to comment on an ongoing investigation; I don't have all the facts. If Zimmerman shot him in cold blood, I am certain he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

How hard was that?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4435832]"I'm saddened by the loss of a young man's life, but I'm not going to comment on an ongoing investigation; I don't have all the facts. If Zimmerman shot him in cold blood, I am certain he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

How hard was that?[/QUOTE]

Curious...what part of his comments on the case did you find offense with?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4435832]"I'm saddened by the loss of a young man's life, but I'm not going to comment on an ongoing investigation; I don't have all the facts. If Zimmerman shot him in cold blood, I am certain he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

How hard was that?[/QUOTE]

If I had a son, hed look like Trayvon. I think [Trayvon's parents] are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and we are going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.
    Obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through, and when I think about this, I think about my own kids, and I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and everybody aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.
    I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen. And that means we examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4435838]If I had a son, hed look like Trayvon."[/QUOTE]

That's pretty racist.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4435840]That's pretty racist.[/QUOTE]

Not factual?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4435838]If I had a son, hed look like Trayvon. I think [Trayvon's parents] are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and we are going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.
    Obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through, and when I think about this, I think about my own kids, and I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and everybody aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.
    I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen. And that means we examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident.[/QUOTE]

How dare he.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4435845]Not necessary, but also not the point.

If you're going to be the President that "speaks from the heart", don't decide that employees under his watch wasting taxpayer $$ on hookers isn't worth getting worked up over . . .[/QUOTE]

Wasting taxpayer money?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4435845]Not necessary, but also not the point.

If you're going to be the President that "speaks from the heart", don't decide that employees under his watch wasting taxpayer $$ on hookers isn't worth getting worked up over . . .[/QUOTE]

MSNBC has a video of Obama commenting on this. I guess people want more?
    Last edited by FF2; 04-15-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone happy now?

[QUOTE]CARTAGENA, Colombia (AP) President Barack Obama, speaking for the first time about allegations that Secret Service agents hired prostitutes, said Sunday that "of course I'll be angry" if those accusations are proven true by an investigation.
    Obama said the agents represent the United States and are supposed to conduct themselves with the highest levels of dignity anywhere in the world. "Obviously, what's been reported doesn't match up to those standards," Obama said in a news conference wrapping his appearance at a Latin America summit.
    The president never directly mentioned that the specific accusations, confirmed by media outlets, that agents were cavorting with prostitutes before the president arrived in Colombia.
    The Secret Service sent 11 agents home and placed them on leave for misconduct as the agency reviews what happened.
    "I expect that investigation to be thorough, and I expect it to be rigorous," Obama said. "If it turns out that some of the allegations that have been made in the press are confirmed, then of course I'll be angry. ... We are representing the people of the United States, and when we travel to another country, I expect us to observe the highest standards."[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g_1Oh_2A0y-n68MDGd240OMKF0rQ?docId=7a324cddf0424d5884e5afd287918460[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4435849]Everyone happy now?

[url]http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g_1Oh_2A0y-n68MDGd240OMKF0rQ?docId=7a324cddf0424d5884e5afd287918460[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm sure there's something in that stament that is outrageous.:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4435846]Wasting taxpayer money?[/QUOTE]

You didn't get the memo? That phrase HAS to be included in every post from here to November:P

I just meant these guys were getting paid to be on this "mission" (taxpayer money) and that is how they chose to spend time during it.

Having said that, post already deleted:O

But also, the OP was about what Obama's AIDE said, not Obama himself (which seems to be happening with some regularity lately) . . .
    Last edited by OCCH; 04-15-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4435855]You didn't get the memo? That phrase HAS to be included in every post from here to November:P

I just meant these guys were getting paid to be on this "mission" (taxpayer money) and that is how they chose to spend time during it.

Having said that, post already deleted:O[/QUOTE]

Um no.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4435849]Everyone happy now?

[url]http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g_1Oh_2A0y-n68MDGd240OMKF0rQ?docId=7a324cddf0424d5884e5afd287918460[/url][/QUOTE]

No mention of French Ticklers?