Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Press Secretary Steps In It

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726;4435841]Not factual?[/QUOTE]

No. Not unless you think all African Americans look alike. I certainly don't.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4435865]No. Not unless you think all African Americans look alike. I certainly don't.[/QUOTE]

Oh lord.

Look at Obama, look at the kid, they look similar.

[QUOTE=FF2;4435870]Oh lord.

Look at Obama, look at the kid, they look similar.[/QUOTE]

Which by definition implies that case means more to him than it would have if it was a white kid.

You can say that isn't what he meant (I would agree with you) but making that comment opens that door . . .

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4435865]No. Not unless you think all African Americans look alike. I certainly don't.[/QUOTE]

Too bad they didn't ask you befotarting starting posting the wrong pics of Trayvon.

[QUOTE=cr726;4435838]If I had a son, hed look like Trayvon. I think [Trayvon's parents] are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and [B]we are going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.[/B]
    Obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through, and when I think about this, I think about my own kids, and I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative [B]that we investigate[/B] every aspect of this and everybody aspect of this, and that[B] everybody pulls together federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.[/B]
    I think [B]all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen.[/B] [B]And that means we examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident.[/B][/QUOTE]

1) He's calling for federal involvement in a local law enforcement matter;

2) He's pretty much saying "race was a factor and we need to 'soul search' about the context . . . "

[QUOTE=OCCH;4435873]Which by definition implies that case means more to him than it would have if it was a white kid.

You can say that isn't what he meant (I would agree with you) but making that comment opens that door . . .[/QUOTE]

The President was talking about being a parent before he said it.

[QUOTE=cr726;4435877]The President was talking about being a parent before he said it.[/QUOTE]

Apparently he was talking about being a BLACK parent . . .

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4435875]1) He's calling for federal involvement in a local law enforcement matter;

2) He's pretty much saying "race was a factor and we need to 'soul search' about the context . . . "[/QUOTE]

It was a senseless situation period.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2;4435870]Oh lord.

Look at Obama, look at the kid, they look similar.[/QUOTE]

If you say so.

[QUOTE=OCCH;4435878]Apparently he was talking about being a BLACK parent . . .[/QUOTE]

I guess you're offended?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4435840]That's pretty racist.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;4435841]Not factual?[/QUOTE]

If I prefaced every comment about current events with "As a proud white man..." It would be [I]"factual".[/I]
    :rolleyes:

Jeebus.

-

[QUOTE=cr726;4435879]It was a senseless situation period.[/QUOTE]

But not the sort of "senseless situation", absent an assumption of racial motive, that required presidential invitation to "soul searching"

[QUOTE=32green;4435886]If I prefaced every comment about current events with "As a proud white man..." It would be [I]"factual".[/I]

Jeebus.

-[/QUOTE]

Yup, thats exactly what was said and in every statement he has made as the President.

Wonderful a Hampurism to boot! My lucky day! :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4435887]But not the sort of "senseless situation", absent an assumption of racial motive, that required presidential invitation to "soul searching"[/QUOTE]

As a parent and a citizen I wish people like Zimmerman would know their place in society and let professionals do the police work.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=cr726;4435888]Yup, thats exactly what was said and in every statement he has made as the President.

Wonderful a Hampurism to boot! My lucky day! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Really? Thats not exactly what he said?:rolleyes:

Of course thats not exactly what was said, but he tacitly entered race into it, as you well know when he refered to his own appearance...it was "factual" without having any proven nexus to the events as the facts were known at the time. The implications, coming from the POTUS... were enormous.

If you are going to play silly semantics, please be humorous at least.

Zimmerman may turn out to be the loon he is being portrayed as and he deserves everything the legal system can throw at him...but when you have the POTUS feeding the racial fires that so often result in secondary and tertiary incidents...its reckless and yes....racist.

Man I hope you really arent in LE.

-
    Last edited by 32green; 04-15-2012 at 10:12 PM.

He didn't refer to his own appearance, but you know better than all, the funny little prince of JI. :rolleyes:

A 17 year old unarmed kid was killed walking on the street, that was a known fact, his parents were in mourning and the President as a parent related to them.

[QUOTE=32green;4435895]Really? Thats not exactly what he said?:rolleyes:

Of course thats not exactly what was said, but he tacitly entered race into it, as you well know when he refered to his own appearance...it was "factual" without having any proven nexus to the events as the facts were known at the time. The implications, coming from the POTUS... were enormous.

If you are going to play silly semantics, please be humorous at least.

Zimmerman may turn out to be the loon he is being portrayed as and he deserves everything the legal system can throw at him...but when you have the POTUS feeding the racial fires that so often result in secondary and tertiary incidents...its reckless and yes....racist.

Man I hope you really arent in LE.

-[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=cr726;4435901]He didn't refer to his own appearance, but you know better than all, the funny little prince of JI. :rolleyes:

[/QUOTE]

Hah?

"He'd look like Trayvon". Dont be cute.

Funny little prince?

I'll give you one post to save a perma ban.

And, so you know, there is no one in your corner. You are a tired subject of discussion.

Begin.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Two posts.

Three tops.

-

[QUOTE=32green;4435914]Two posts.

Three tops.

-[/QUOTE]

One was good.

None is better...