Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Press Secretary Steps In It

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4435875]1) He's calling for federal involvement in a local law enforcement matter;

. . "[/QUOTE]

A quickie for you Was the Federal Government justified in investigating the murder of the three civil rights workers in Mississippi in 1964?

Ala Mississippi Burning

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

In my opinion Obama made the "he would look like Trayvon" comment to glom onto the huge amount of sympathy across the nation for Trayvon and his parents. Everything this guy does is about winning in November. Everything.

I suggest everyone goes to bed.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4435930]In my opinion Obama made the "he would look like Trayvon" comment to glom onto the huge amount of sympathy across the nation for Trayvon and his parents. Everything this guy does is about winning in November. Everything.[/QUOTE]

Bingo...

All League
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4435930]In my opinion Obama made the "he would look like Trayvon" comment to glom onto the huge amount of sympathy across the nation for Trayvon and his parents. Everything this guy does is about winning in November. Everything.[/QUOTE]

It is hard for me to argue with you on that point.

Id like to point out that everything Mitt Romney does is done to win in November, too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Buster;4435935]
    Id like to point out that everything Mitt Romney does is done to win in November, too.[/QUOTE]

The race card? No huge fan of his, but must have missed that one.

-

[QUOTE=Buster;4435929]A quickie for you Was the Federal Government justified in investigating the murder of the three civil rights workers in Mississippi in 1964?

Ala Mississippi Burning[/QUOTE]

Thank you for making my point, Buster.

Everything about the President's comments screamed "this was a racially motivated killing and Zimmerman is guilty." Not surprising - it's what I was thinking, too, based on the information available to me.

The truth, it turns out, is a hell of a lot more complex than that. Not sure whether Zimmerman is guilty or not, but it seems apparent that he was no racist.

So I was wrong, at least in part. But that's OK, because I'm not the POTUS and my viewpoint has exactly zero impact on how this event plays out. The President should not have offered that opinion in that way.

[QUOTE=Buster;4435935]It is hard for me to argue with you on that point.

Id like to point out that everything Mitt Romney does is done to win in November, too.[/QUOTE]

Mitt's most important obligation at the moment is to win in November.

Obama's second most important obligation is to win in November. His most important obligation is to govern this country wisely and with its best interests at the forefront of every action.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buster;4435935]It is hard for me to argue with you on that point.

The difference is that Mitt doesn't have the job yet, so it's expected that 100% of what he does would be related to campaigning. Obama has the job, and got it in part by promising to be a "uniter" that would help America "transcend race" -- only to become the most divisive president in history, while stoking racial flames and playing the race card whenever and wherever possible.

All League
    [QUOTE=32green;4435936]The race card? No huge fan of his, but must have missed that one.

-[/QUOTE]

Just responding to the shakin's post

[QUOTE=shakin318;4435930]

[B] Everything this guy does is about winning in November. Everything.[/B]

[/QUOTE]

All League
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4435937]Thank you for making my point, Buster.

Everything about the President's comments screamed "this was a racially motivated killing and Zimmerman is guilty." Not surprising - it's what I was thinking, too, based on the information available to me.

The truth, it turns out, is a hell of a lot more complex than that. Not sure whether Zimmerman is guilty or not, but it seems apparent that he was no racist.

So I was wrong, at least in part. But that's OK, because I'm not the POTUS and my viewpoint has exactly zero impact on how this event plays out. The President should not have offered that opinion in that way.[/QUOTE]

?
    If you believe the government is within it rights to investigate the Mississippi murders then you should believe the Federal Government is within its rights to investigate the death of Treyvon Martin.

that is my point.

[QUOTE=Buster;4435942]?
    If you believe the government is within it rights to investigate the Mississippi murders then you should believe the Federal Government is within its rights to investigate the death of Treyvon Martin.

that is my point.[/QUOTE]

The reason the government was within its rights to step in in Mississippi is because the state was ignoring its obligations under federal civil rights laws. The Federal government should not be stepping in unless and until that happens. And given the revelations of Zimmerman's long relationship with the black community in Sanford, it appears clear that this had nothing at all to do with race - meaning it is not a federal issue at all.

All League
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4435938]Mitt's most important obligation at the moment is to win in November.

Obama's second most important obligation is to win in November. His most important obligation is to govern this country wisely and with its best interests at the forefront of every action.[/QUOTE]

yup, we never saw that kind of shenanigans before

:rolleyes:

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Buster;4435946]yup, we never saw that kind of shenanigans before

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

That would be relevant if I thought Bush was anything but a disaster.

Since I think he was a disaster, I've got no earthly clue what your point is. Obama = Bush? Is that really the argument you want to roll with?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buster;4435946]yup, we never saw that kind of shenanigans before

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh look. Another post about Bush. That never happens when Obama is being criticized. Damn that Bush, I really wish we could get him out of office so he could stop screwing things up. Here in 2012.

Amazing how quickly people will jump to this guy's aid, even when it is obvious to everyone that he's screwed up. Bush! Cheney! Dan Quayle!

I suggest that if the rolls were reversed it wouldn't have made the news. Blacks murder Whites more often then the other way around. Wheres the outcry?

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;4439524]I suggest that if the rolls were reversed it wouldn't have made the news. Blacks murder Whites more often then the other way around. Wheres the outcry?[/QUOTE]

everyone knows that but the issue was that people felt that he was not charged or investigated

personally, i dont believe zimmy initiated any struggle. just my gut....

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;4439524]I suggest that if the rolls were reversed it wouldn't have made the news. Blacks murder Whites more often then the other way around. Wheres the outcry?[/QUOTE]

Jelly roll, son!

I am not your son. You also know it wouldn't make it to the headlines in the Enquirer. Talk about racism lad!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4439609]I am not your son. You also know it wouldn't make it to the headlines in the Enquirer. Talk about racism lad![/QUOTE]

So, white reporters not running stories of black people killing white people is reverse reverse racism? Is it racist on the part of the white reporter for not running the reverse racist story? I'm confused.

What if a white reporter refused to run a story on a black reporter who refused to run a story on a white reporter who refused to run stories of black people killing white people who killed black people for killing white people?