View Poll Results: Are guys who wear cell phone/PDA clips/cases on their belts Dorks?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

52 81.25%
  • No Way

9 14.06%
  • Undecided

3 4.69%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys who wear cell phone/PDA clips/cases on their belts....

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

Guys who wear cell phone/PDA clips/cases on their belts....

Dorks or not Dorks?

I cringe when I see this. Am I alone?

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4436379]Dorks or not Dorks?

I cringe when I see this. Am I alone?[/QUOTE]

Not at all, esp those who have it on during a Sunday afternoon 1 yr olds bday party (happened yesterday and we mocked him behind his back) The guy was a bragger about everything.

The ear pieces are far worse than a man purse carrying the phone but all dorky. Whats so important that you need your cell phone attached to you 24/7?

It's okay if it makes your job function easier... i.e. guys who are doing something where digging through your pocket for a phone is cumbersome...

All Pro
    Incredibly lame.

All League
    Dorks.

Belt clips for your cellphone are from 1996, when cellphones were too big to fit in your pocket.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... change the "O" to an "I" and the "R" to a "C" ... then the answer is yes :yes: ...

l_j_r
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 04-16-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Major dorks. Especially because the accessory is usually paired with mom jeans.

#1 reason why I left Mensa.

Its dorky, but guys who have jobs where they always need to be able to be reached are usually raking in the dough.

An uncle of mine does high-level corporate law and a friend of mine is the head of PR at a major hospital. They have to be able to be reached instantly, but both make at least $200 K a year, if not more.

If some employer was going to hand me 200 K a year, I wouldn't care if I had to wear 7 phones.

In the 1970's, prisoners wore their cell phones on their belts to let other inmates know they were "available".
    [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm7qFIeU9DSWAGCbmIOYwIs1SV-RV83pFj4-BYHEKuoXqHGwm-CQ[/IMG]

[QUOTE=GreenJoe;4436403]Its dorky, but guys who have jobs where they always need to be able to be reached are usually raking in the dough.

An uncle of mine does high-level corporate law and a friend of mine is the head of PR at a major hospital. They have to be able to be reached instantly, but both make at least $200 K a year, if not more.

If some employer was going to hand me 200 K a year, I wouldn't care if I had to wear 7 phones.[/QUOTE]

I reckon they both use double spacing after periods.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4436382]The ear pieces are far worse than a man purse carrying the phone but all dorky. Whats so important that you need your cell phone attached to you 24/7?[/QUOTE]

I agree. Guys who wear those bluetooth earpieces should be immediately executed.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=GreenJoe;4436403]Its dorky, but guys who have jobs where they always need to be able to be reached are usually raking in the dough.

If some employer was going to hand me 200 K a year, I wouldn't care if I had to wear 7 phones.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure your uncle would be just as successful if he put his cell in his pocket. He might even be richer from all the business lost by potential clients that see that belt clip and flee. :yes:

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=1greenNUT;4436407]In the 1970's, prisoners wore their cell phones on their belts to let other inmates know they were "available".
    [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm7qFIeU9DSWAGCbmIOYwIs1SV-RV83pFj4-BYHEKuoXqHGwm-CQ[/IMG][/QUOTE]

:clapper:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4436382]The ear pieces are far worse than a man purse carrying the phone but all dorky. Whats so important that you need your cell phone attached to you 24/7?[/QUOTE]

The internet

Jets Insider VIP
    Tried to talk my boss out of getting a belt clip for his iPhone. I wasn't successful.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    The key is a good case.

Most of us have iPhones or Blackberries so you need one that is protective yet not cumbersome so you can easily extract it from your pocket.

My buddy has one of those rubber gorilla cases for his iphone which is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. It doubles the size of the phone and the rubber causes havoc every time he tries to take it out. It also usually spews everything else in his pocket on the ground. Funny stuff. Almost as dorky as a clip.

Rookie
    I'm an Aircraft Mechanic I have to wear a clip or the phone will fall down a panel when I'm working or I will/have left it on an aircraft.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=wepnx;4436455]I'm an Aircraft Mechanic I have to wear a clip or the phone will fall down a panel when I'm working or I will/have left it on an aircraft.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0hZiUb71KyE/TcfA6yAeNPI/AAAAAAAABQ4/hl7mlEspRgI/s1600/simpsons_nelson_haha-1.jpg[/IMG]