View Poll Results: Are guys who wear cell phone/PDA clips/cases on their belts Dorks?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

52 81.25%
  • No Way

9 14.06%
  • Undecided

3 4.69%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guys who wear cell phone/PDA clips/cases on their belts....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4436546]I keep my iPhone on a belt clip. Actually it's one that took me a long time to find, as it had to be perfect -- sleek, strong, unobtrusive, and afforded easy access. Emphasis on slim. I can't stand bulky things in my pockets. Also, all the research on cell phone radiation is still inconplete, and I'd rather keep my phone away from sensitive areas. I keep a card holder in my left pocket and a money clip in my right. I have a blackberry for work but keep it in my briefcase.[/QUOTE]
    One step away from the murse..

[IMG]http://www.amagalerie.com/cuirsney/images/HOMMES/son-1w.jpg[/IMG]

I use a belt clip at work only. I have a cell as well as a remote desktop IP phone that I need to carry. I cannot stand anything in my pockets. Keep the bank in the chest pocket, license, cash and Amex is how I roll. Outside the office I carry it. Once in a while I will drop it in the pocket for a few minutes if I am in the store and have too much to carry.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TKasper01;4437331]...in the chest pocket....[/QUOTE]

Que?

Jets Insider VIP
    My phone is too big for my pocket, so I use a clip. I have one of the biggest phones around.

:cool:

Banned
    I work in IS. Lots of programmers/DBAs/assorted techies over here keep their iPhones/Blackberries in a belt clip.

So the answer is yes, extremely dorky.

And just so you know, I go with the SAR setup. Only I do the phone in the left pocket, and the money clip in the right.

Oh and guys who keep their bluetooth on their ear all day aren't dorks. They're douche-bags.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;4437061][IMG]http://www.techdigest.tv/bmw-car-key-credit-card.jpg[/IMG]

When not in a jacket pocket (winter) or backpack (work), they go in the left front pocket with the money clip. It's a plastic wireless circuit fob; not like there are any actual keys on it.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Hang on.

Backpack?

You bring a backpack to work? And you think a cell phone belt clip is lame?

Is it one of those LL Bean jobs with your initials embroidered on it? Do you use a really rad pencil case too?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=quantum;4437341]My phone is too big for my pocket, so I use a clip. I have one of the biggest phones around.

:cool:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://hight3ch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/worlds_largest_phone.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4436536]$200k a year and then in 10 years you find out your testicles have enough radiation in them to fill a radiation bomb and you wont be able to make babies as your sperm is fried.
    [/QUOTE]

Win/win?

Banned
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4437353]Hang on.

Backpack?

Is it one of those LL Bean jobs with your initials embroidered on it? Do you use a really rad pencil case too?[/QUOTE]

Could be one for a laptop. My company gave me one that I never use (I prefer my laptop bag).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4437369]Could be one for a laptop. My company gave me one that I never use (I prefer my laptop bag).[/QUOTE]

You never use it because you're not a child.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4437361][IMG]http://hight3ch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/worlds_largest_phone.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

mine's bigger

Banned
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4437371]You never use it because you're not a child.[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised how many people do use them.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4437624]You'd be surprised how many people do use them.[/QUOTE]

I'm well aware, it's one of my pet peeves.

The only adult male who should wear a backpack to work is a professional mountain climber.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4437353]Hang on.

Backpack?

Is it one of those LL Bean jobs with your initials embroidered on it? Do you use a really rad pencil case too?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://goincase.com/products/images/CL55026FR/detail/black13.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://goincase.com/products/images/CL55026FR/detail/black2.jpg[/IMG]

I've been using "executive" styled backpacks for 10+ years now. The one I use currently uses a messenger bag style strap. Because all I need this for is transporting documents and an iPad each day, I got one that is very slim and light. Has a padded area to slip the iPad in/out of, very cool for air travel as the iPad can stay in the bag thru the scanner too. The messenger strap works on a single shoulder or can be worn properly on the back which is useful when needing both hands for the morning coffee enroute to the office.

Once you're a seasoned, veteran commuter and air traveler you learn it's all about the bulk and the weight and a briefcase just doesn't cut it. I'd estimate that about 35% of the businessmen I see on the trains and in the office use backpacks in one form or another.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 04-17-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Backpacker/Fudgepacker its all the same......:rolleyes:

All Pro
    gee wizz guess that makes me a dork then.

All League
    Undecided. Who gives a sh1t.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4436382]The ear pieces are far worse than a man purse carrying the phone but all dorky. Whats so important that you need your cell phone attached to you 24/7?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_faInfFMtr4[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;4437639][IMG]http://goincase.com/products/images/CL55026FR/detail/black13.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://goincase.com/products/images/CL55026FR/detail/black2.jpg[/IMG]

I've been using "executive" styled backpacks for 10+ years now. The one I use currently uses a messenger bag style strap. Because all I need this for is transporting documents and an iPad each day, I got one that is very slim and light. Has a padded area to slip the iPad in/out of, very cool for air travel as the iPad can stay in the bag thru the scanner too. The messenger strap works on a single shoulder or can be worn properly on the back which is useful when needing both hands for the morning coffee enroute to the office.

Once you're a seasoned, veteran commuter and air traveler you learn it's all about the bulk and the weight and a briefcase just doesn't cut it. I'd estimate that about 35% of the businessmen I see on the trains and in the office use backpacks in one form or another.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Words can't even begin to describe how lame that is. An "executive" backpack? If all you need to carry is an iPad and some papers, why do you look like a ****ing sherpa summiting Everest as you trudge up an escalator? And what kind of wrinkled hell does that wreak on your freshly pressed shirt?

Yet another example of the Downfall of Men.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4437922]Words can't even begin to describe how lame that is. An "executive" backpack? If all you need to carry is an iPad and some papers, why do you look like a ****ing sherpa summiting Everest as you trudge up an escalator? And what kind of wrinkled hell does that wreak on your freshly pressed shirt?

Yet another example of the Downfall of Men.[/QUOTE]

Once the word "Executive" is attached to a commuting item...it has jumped the shark.

A true executive commutes in the back seat of a black car or a helicoptor, whilst speaking authoritatively on the phone and gesturing wildly.

"make it so, number one!!!" That sort of thing...

Sans backpack.

-

-