Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please say a prayer for Jumba and his family

Veteran
    Sad news, accept my sympathy

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh man, tragic news. My heart, thoughts and prayers goes out to the entire family.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rest in Peace Lieutenant Nappi

Made the ultimate sacrifice.

Jumba, positive thoughts, and nothing but well wishes to you and your family, and the Lieutenant's family.

Jets Insider VIP
    My prayers are with you, Tom.

All Pro
    Jumba please accept my condolences to you and your family. Only a chosen few can do what Lt Nappi do day in day out. Bravery is an understatement.

Bewildered Beast
    Oh man that's horrible news. My condolences, Jumba.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

My prayers are with you, Tom

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Our thoughts & prayers are with you Tom.

God Bless Lt. Nappi's family. :blueangel

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Thank you for all the comforting words. Please continue to pray for my sister, niece and nephew, and Rich's parents and brothers, and his brave coworkers. They are all devastated, as am I. Rich was an avid sports fan and we rooted for all the same teams, except for hockey. Guess I'm now a Rangers fan. I'll tell a story: The last time I spoke with him on the phone he called during Easter Dinner. He had to work that day but about 17 or so of this large family had gathered at mom's house as we do for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Upon polishing off 2 legs of lamb I sat down to watch the Mets game. Just then my phone rang and Rich asked if I was watching. "Sure, the Mets are kicking butt." He told me to gather his kids to watch in case "something special happened." I had just joined the game and didn't realize that Niese was pitching a no-hitter. Well he didn't have to say it because I know about the jinx. Been to many huge games with him, including "Game Six." It didn't work out too well for my Devils that day. We shared alot in common as music fans also. I love and miss him. I will relay whatever fund is set up. Thank you all.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;4436978]Thank you for all the comforting words. Please continue to pray for my sister, niece and nephew, and Rich's parents and brothers, and his brave coworkers. They are all devastated, as am I. Rich was an avid sports fan and we rooted for all the same teams, except for hockey. Guess I'm now a Rangers fan. I'll tell a story: The last time I spoke with him on the phone he called during Easter Dinner. He had to work that day but about 17 or so of this large family had gathered at mom's house as we do for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Upon polishing off 2 legs of lamb I sat down to watch the Mets game. Just then my phone rang and Rich asked if I was watching. "Sure, the Mets are kicking butt." He told me to gather his kids to watch in case "something special happened." I had just joined the game and didn't realize that Niese was pitching a no-hitter. Well he didn't have to say it because I know about the jinx. Been to many huge games with him, including "Game Six." It didn't work out too well for my Devils that day. We shared alot in common as music fans also. I love and miss him. I will relay whatever fund is set up. Thank you all.[/QUOTE]
    Hey, Tom...

over on the Hockey's Futures boards, a fan who sat behind him in Section 306 had some nice words, and put it in the game thread.... needless to say, he was watching over the Rangers tonight!

Practice Squad
    Very sorry to hear about your loss JJ. My condolences go out to your entire family.

Veteran
    Very sad, horrible loss for so many...Just heard Boomer and Carton make mention of this tragedy ...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;4436978]Thank you for all the comforting words. We shared alot in common as music fans also. I love and miss him. I will relay whatever fund is set up. Thank you all.[/QUOTE]

So sorry for your loss, Jumba.

SAR I

Banned
    My condolences Jumba.

As someone who spent a lot of years as a firefighter in the Air Force all I can say is that it's better not to question why things like these happen and try and find peace in knowing that he is with God

Jets Insider VIP
    Condolences to his entire family. Tragic. RIP.

thats tough....sorry. especially for your sis and kids

Condolences May he rest in peace

sorry for your loss Jumba.
    thoughts and prayers go out to your family

All Pro
    In my prayers. God Bless and condolences to the family.