Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets will be '2 different teams'

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4438700]We'll confuse defenses on whether to look for an interception or a fumble[/QUOTE]

spit take!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets want to win 11 games next year, they should hand Tebow the starting QB job. Let him go 1-4, let him show people that he's not an NFL quarterback. Let New York get a dose of him early on.

Then, once the Jets are 1-4 and everyone is ready to run everyone out of town, bring Sanchez back into the fold. The fans will be screaming for him by then. That will boost Sanchez's confidence and make him a fan favorite. Under those conditions, he'll flourish.

The Jets schedule is set up for them to go 1-4 early. It's also set up for them to go 10-1 late.

Let Tebow, the obvious failure of a QB. start the first five games. Then let Sanchez save the season.

If you do it the other way around, you're asking for a 6-10 season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4438743]If the Jets want to win 11 games next year, they should hand [I]sanchez[/I] the starting QB job. Let him go 1-4, let him show people that he's not an NFL quarterback. Let New York get a dose of him early on.

Then, once the Jets are 1-4 and everyone is ready to run everyone out of town, bring [I]Tebow[/I] back into the fold. The fans will be screaming for him by then. That will boost [I]Tebow's[/I] confidence and make him a fan favorite. Under those conditions, he'll flourish.

The Jets schedule is set up for them to go 1-4 early. It's also set up for them to go 10-1 late.

Let [I]Sanchez[/I], the obvious failure of a QB. start the first five games. Then let [I]Tebow[/I] save the season like in denver.

If you do it the other way around, you're asking for a 6-10 season.[/QUOTE]

fixed

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully not, suck and suckier.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4438723]I am hoping it is the one that can lead his team and make his teamates better and repair a lockerroom myself. :yes:

[B]what good is a throwing QB that throws to the wrong team[/B]. :confused:[/QUOTE]

By that logic, no QB in the NFL would be considered good. They all throw interceptions at some point.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe now we can finally get our own stadium.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    They started spin control on Slausen's mis-statement at the draft conference today. Let's not take this out of proportion.

It's going to be both of them on the field at once, hopefully for full sets, so as not to break rhythm. That is what will be revolutionary and give us a huge advantage for at least the first few games.

And if it gets us past the Steelers how can anyone argue against it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4438691]Zero out of the last 46 Superbowl champions have incorporated a "two-team offense".[/QUOTE]

A meaningless stat, completely irrelevant, every year a team has won, or can win a SB that will include a new wrinkle that has not been successful in previous SB wins..

For example, the Patriots have yet to figure out how to win it, without cheating...

Moving along...

The notion of a "two team offfense" is silly, it isn't happening. Tebow will have a package of plays, just like Brad Smith had a package of plays, just like every team has a "package" of plays for specific personnel. There are teams that even have "packages" in certain sets, with certain personnel, the list is endless. It's about matchups, it's about philosophy, the Jets want to be emphasize the ground game, and that will extend to the use of the wildcat offense.

They will still have a passing dynamic to the offense, and Tebow could be included in an H-back type role

Please stop with the petty panicking.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Ray Ray, the Jets are going to attempt play to the strengths of the QBs on hand. There was a ton of talk about hiring GB or NO's QB coach to develop Sanchez into an elite passer. It's not going to happen. If this experiment fails, it's not the end of the world, Tanny is plenty good enough to figure out how to fix the situation and keep the Jets competitive.

And if it works? As I said before, Rex becomes a frontrunner for Coach of the Year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    More gimmicky bs.

[img]http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/340/4/b/facepalm_by_lord_martini-d34cce8.jpg[/img]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4440218]

1) If this experiment fails, it's not the end of the world, Tanny is plenty good enough to figure out how to fix the situation and keep the Jets competitive.

2) And if it works? As I said before, Rex becomes a frontrunner for Coach of the Year.[/QUOTE]

1) If it fails, it will set the Jets back 5 years because they will have to draft another QB and start over.

2) Wrecks will never be HC of the Year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4440454]1) If it fails, it will set the Jets back 5 years because they will have to draft another QB and start over.

2) Wrecks will never be HC of the Year.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this experiment will "fail" but what I think is going to end up happening is the Jets offense will start to struggle with Sanchez and maybe have a couple first downs with Tebow and or he'll score at the goal-line and the media and his millions of zombie followers will be screaming for him to be the full-time qb.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4440486]I don't think this experiment will "fail" but what I think is going to end up happening is the Jets offense will start to struggle with Sanchez and maybe have a couple first downs with Tebow and or he'll score at the goal-line and the media and his millions of zombie followers will be screaming for him to be the full-time qb.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly the most likely scenario.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfreak;4438314]:D the Jets has a BAD 8-8 year after two stellar years.....Jets are still a good team and i don't envision another 8:D-8 season....bottom line is the Jets will be a major headache for many teams in 2012. I think Tebow will be more dangerous in a package than as a starter. Jets will also make add more pieces with 10 draft picks......makes no sense to harp on 2011 when we have a new OC (that makes a huge difference) sorry but Sparano is a much better OC than Shotty was. Shotty had sanchez on a leash.....at USC one of Sanchez strengths was the roll out yet shotty kept him in the pocket....sanchez is most dangerour when he has freedom to use his mobility.[/QUOTE]

Serious question ...Have you ever seen the way sparano coaches?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 Offenses = Double the points.

We should get 3 defenses next.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Wall Street Superstar;4440750]2 Offenses = Double the points.

We should get 3 defenses next.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what QB is going to be able to prepare for a 3-headed monster on defense? We'll have Pouha, Revis and Harris on the 1st unit in a 3-4, Ellis, Scott and Cro on the 2nd unit in a 4-3, and D-Rob, Gholston and Scott Frost at CB in a pre-ven on the 3rd unit. Brady will be so confused he'll be finished.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Belichick had gotten Tebow made this move it would be "genius move" and that he is "revolutionizing the game" but since the Jets got him "its a circus" and it "wont work". I cant wait until we silence the critics...:yes:

Before Tebow: "Sanchez is too coddled his needs some one to push him"

After Tebow: "They are cutting Sanchez's legs out from under him" "This cant be good for his confidence"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4437012]Special teams coach Mike Westhoff has said he plans to use Tebow as the "personal protector" on the punt team. [/QUOTE]

Does the above quote settle all the debate for all you nitwits out there that said Tebow would NEVER play special teams??:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJets4life;4440169]By that logic, no QB in the NFL would be considered good. They all throw interceptions at some point.[/QUOTE]

Indeed "elite" Eli Manning threw 25 interceptions in 2010. Hmmm perhaps there were things around Eli such as relatively new WRs and ineffective OL that contributed to that total but the facts don't matter to some folks.

People are to busy playing fantasy football GM in the real world thinking that you just ploop any QB into any situation and they are going to perform in the same manner, they won't and they don't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4441354]Indeed "elite" Eli Manning threw 25 interceptions in 2010. Hmmm perhaps there were things around Eli such as relatively new WRs and ineffective OL that contributed to that total but the facts don't matter to some folks.

People are to busy playing fantasy football GM in the real world thinking that you just ploop any QB into any situation and they are going to perform in the same manner, they won't and they don't.[/QUOTE]

I would argue that a QB that doesn't throw interceptions isn't playing to potential and taking the calculated risks that the great QBs take. Everyone loves it when a pass threads through defenders into the reciever's arms but often on that same pass a defender puts on a burst or just gets lucky. I'm not defending the dumb ones (and now someone will chime in and say all Sanchez's intercepts are dumb ones but that is BS) but there is more to this subject than a count.