Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jets will be '2 different teams'

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4441852]Huh?

You do know that the term troll is not synonymous with rival, don't you?

[B]Actually, there are many examples of back-ups coming in for a few games and keeping the season's hopes alive. [/B]There are also many capable backups that have gone on to be successful starters in the league. Granted, it's usually not for a full year, 2009 notwithstanding. But it does happen.

[/QUOTE]

Without Clemens in 09 and Quincy Carter in 04 we don't make the playoffs.. You can add Chad in 02 and Vinny in 98 also..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4441658]I'll try again

Jet fans understand how

Chowd trolls like you don't

and Jet fans have no responsibility to lower themselves to the level of explaining anything to chowd trolls.

Sorry Guido

done with you[/QUOTE]

You can't talk football with other teams fans? Are you like this in real life?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4441858]You can't talk football with other teams fans? Are you like this in real life?[/QUOTE]

Hes not here to talk football and neither are you

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4441857]Without Clemens in 09 and Quincy Carter in 04 we don't make the playoffs.. You can add Chad in 02 and Vinny in 98 also..[/QUOTE]

Excellent local examples. The Pat's had a pretty capable backup step in in 2000 as well.;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4441861]Excellent local examples. The Pat's had a pretty capable backup step in in 2000 as well.;)[/QUOTE]

In the playoffs Jan 02 against Pitt Brady was hurt and Bledsoe came in to win the game..;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4441865]In the playoffs Jan 02 against Pitt Brady was hurt and Bledsoe came in to win the game..;)[/QUOTE]

I remember it well. Bledsoe thought he'd won his job back. Could have been a real QB controversy had Brady sucked when he came back. Didn't happen as we all know.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4441859]Hes not here to talk football and neither are you

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

He asked you a football question. Whatever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4441874]He asked you a football question. Whatever.[/QUOTE]

He is without question formerly known as Gronkwelkhead and VinnyPatrollie....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4441886]He is without question formerly known as Gronkwelkhead and VinnyPatrollie....[/QUOTE]

So what....he's talking football.

Say you meet a Pats fan at a BBQ....do you refuse to talk to him? I don't get it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4441889]So what....he's talking football.

Say you meet a Pats fan at a BBQ....do you refuse to talk to him? I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

So nothing...I like the guy and was merely pointing it out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4441531]Ummmm if Tim Tebow had been drafted by the Jets in the first round after moving up to get him you are darn right I would be saying the very same thing concerning him!!!!

If he was playing behind a weak running attack, inadequate WRs and the most complicated offense in the NFL as a Jet when he came in I would be saying the same thing.

I repeat it has nothing, NOTHING to do with Sanchez, my point has always been we have to put our QB in a position to succeed and the JetTs haven't done that.

[B]As I have said ad nauseum elsewhere a good defense does not mean you have WRs who can gain seperation from the defense or RBs who can hit holes with authority or insure that OL can protect the QB (ummm HUNTER!!).[/B]

These aren't excuses and if the Jets were to put Tebow out there and believe he could get the job done you could beat your bottom dollar that I would be arguing that the Jets should be supporting of their starting QB and Tebow time!!!![/QUOTE]

And as I have said ad nauseum the jets still had a 12th ranked oline and denver's was 20th ranked. Here is another fun fact with a worse oline tebow was only sacked 1 time less than sanchez. Oh yeah I forgot denver's wr's were worse than ours. So yeah keep using those excuses for sanchez meanwhile tebow has has everything worse but yet still did better..........:confused:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4441546]I agree with you 100 percent, Charlie Brown, and I'm one of those who thinks Tebow's arrival is good for the Jets since he improves backup QB and provides a better change of pace when the Wildcat is called for.

However, as you will find out, if you haven't already found out, Mr Renegade's agenda is a simple one --- get rid of Sanchez and put Tebow, who he worships and has worshipped for years in as the starter immediately

It is useless to discuss this with Mr Renegade since his adoration is not something to discuss rationally.

Fortunately for you, I and 99 percent of Jet fans, the Jets management clearly recognizes that Tebow will never be a decent starting quarterback in the NFL with unfixable passing deficiencies and, despite the prayers of Mr Renegade, he will be nothing more than a useful backup to Mark Sanchez and a change of running option until he moves on to some other team, probably in 2013.

Of course, this could change only if Mark Sanchez gets injured. And we should all bow our heads and pray to whatever we pray to that that NEVER HAPPENS[/QUOTE]

I have been discussing everything rationally I gave my reasons as to why sanchez should be gone and i have given proof how tebow had a worse oline, worse wr's, worse defense and yet still did better. I do not worship anyone but GOD but I do think he is a better football player and I do not include anything religous when discussing his merits but it is other people that do not like the tebow trade that throw religion in their. Sad really they say we are bible thumpers yet you all are the ones first to bring up religion........:eek:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    perfect self summation of your worship, adoration and deification of a marginal player who is unqualified to be an NFL starting quarterback

"AD-NAUSEUM"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4441857]Without Clemens in 09 and Quincy Carter in 04 we don't make the playoffs.. You can add Chad in 02 and Vinny in 98 also..[/QUOTE]

Clemens was a FA up until recently when the Rams finally resigned him. Jets could have had him for the league minimum if they wanted. That would have been infinitely preferable to bringing the no-ring circus to town.