Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How The MSM Covered Up Fast and Furious

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4439521]i have to agree with my mortal enemy

not so sure it was any kind of "coverup" though. i think these kids of scandals are not very newsworthy these days when kim kardashians dresses seem to be what is important to everyone[/QUOTE]

So this quote from the article doesn't bother you?

[QUOTE]When the Obama administration saw Attkinson’s report, they reacted with utter fury. Officials from the administration screamed at her; as Pavlich reports, Justice Department communications director Tracy Schmaler called her up to yell at her. White House spokesman Eric Schultz “reportedly directed a barrage of expletives toward her.” Attkinson said that the White House and Justice Department labeled her “not reasonable” – as opposed to other press outlets.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Trades;4439615]So this quote from the article doesn't bother you?[/QUOTE]

Do you understand why things are redacted?

[QUOTE=Trades;4439615]So this quote from the article doesn't bother you?[/QUOTE]

sure it bothers me.....but the story got out there and the american public doesnt seem to care much. if the public was outraged the media would keep it going. zimmy vs trayvon is the least important story ever, but look how the public loves a race piece

All League
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4439452]This is an outright and blatant falsehood. And when they did get around to covering it, much of it was in the context of flat-out character assassination pieces on Darrell Issa, rather than on the reality that there are likely hundreds of murders that have been committed with these guns paid for with our tax dollars and given outright to the Sinaloa cartel.[/QUOTE]

Within the first 12 hours of this story breaking, I saw it on CNN and read about it in the NYT, and within 48 hours of that, it was on The Daily Show, the Colbert Report.

Those are usually my main sources. The first two are considered mainstream, and the criticism was sincere, mostly of the DEA. And the Times and CNN covered the "did Holder know?" bit. It just didn't reach the "Obama + Holder = Mexican murderers" level...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4439677]Within the first 12 hours of this story breaking, I saw it on CNN and read about it in the NYT, and within 48 hours of that, it was on The Daily Show, the Colbert Report.

Those are usually my main sources. The first two are considered mainstream, and the criticism was sincere, mostly of the DEA. And the Times and CNN covered the "did Holder know?" bit. It just didn't reach the "Obama + Holder = Mexican murderers" level...[/QUOTE]

Anything short of complete hysteria and outrage with claims of a massive conspiracy to undercut the 2nd amendment is a "cover up."

Fast and Furious was covered by the media for weeks, and heads rolled for the clearly bad and misguided policies.

Some people will never be satisfied. It's the same crowd which claims Muslim appeasement due to a Christian leader being uninvited from a prayer event while bombs are actively dropped in a handful of Muslim countries.

All League
    [QUOTE=parafly;4439691]Anything short of complete hysteria and outrage with claims of a massive conspiracy to undercut the 2nd amendment is a "cover up."

Fast and Furious was covered by the media for weeks, and heads rolled for the clearly bad and misguided policies.

Some people will never be satisfied. It's the same crowd which claims Muslim appeasement due to a Christian leader being uninvited from a prayer event while bombs are actively dropped in a handful of Muslim countries.[/QUOTE]

That is an outright and blatant falsehood!

Eric Holder!!!

Barry Obama!!!

Liberals!!

[IMG]http://moonbattery.com/idiot-control.jpg[/IMG]

Bewildered Beast
    Oooooh, another ***** slap fest. Good thing!

No big thing the government selling guns to murderers that where used to kill American Border Guards.