Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romney Gallups into the lead

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4438463][IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IAacsYi7qaU/T42lq5vYPYI/AAAAAAAATRI/KFRC6oBUKXw/s1600/558477_10151466579690538_721975537_23343573_1495278165_n.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I want out of a President. I can sleep at night without wondering how my government is going to screw me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4438476]Pretty much what I want out of a President. I can sleep at night without wondering how my government is going to screw me.[/QUOTE]

What has the current Administration done to screw you?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4437747]Yup. [B]This is just the tip[/B].[/QUOTE]

That's what he said.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4438463][IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IAacsYi7qaU/T42lq5vYPYI/AAAAAAAATRI/KFRC6oBUKXw/s1600/558477_10151466579690538_721975537_23343573_1495278165_n.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Because what I'm looking for in a President is "Exciting!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4438546]Because what I'm looking for in a President is "Exciting!"[/QUOTE]

Charisma does play a role in politics...

For the percentage of our population being taught by the Copernicus' of society...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4438492]What has the current Administration done to screw you?[/QUOTE]

A health care bill that increases the cost of my insurance and penalizes my ability to move for better opportunity for my family through added transfer taxes to selling my residence and moving. A concentration of the Banking industry that has lowered interest rates on my savings while adding fees to my deposits and borrowing.

Underfunding the SS and Medicare trusts through tax breaks. Incentivizing retires and others who could enter the work force to stay out by extending Unemployment benefits across the board. Failing to sign on to the President commission for tax reform and long term budget reform that would stop monetizing our debt, punish me for saving and incentivize me to take on debt that I might not be able to afford. Creating future uncertainty that is creating economic drag, reducing my income now and in the future and general opportunity for me, my family and my neighbors.

Supporting and extending the reach of Federal power by expanding and extending the Patriot act that allows US citizens to be targeted and killed through Presidential fiat.

The continued support for the disintegration of the nuclear family that has extended the cradle to grave institutionalization of large portions of my fellow citizens all of whom I will support either directly through tax dollars or indirectly through inflation and economic drag.

The continued demagoguery of class warfare at the expense of real opportunity for more Americans. A destructive answer to failed government policy of redistribution for the sake of building political alliances.

Not saying the other side is better but Obama has been a highly destructive President. And still I might vote for him because the reality is, it's still a choice between two people and just because one is destructive doesn't mean the other side isn't more destructive.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4438554]A health care bill that increases the cost of my insurance and penalizes my ability to move for better opportunity for my family through added transfer taxes to selling my residence and moving. A concentration of the Banking industry that has lowered interest rates on my savings while adding fees to my deposits and borrowing.

Underfunding the SS and Medicare trusts through tax breaks. Incentivizing retires and others who could enter the work force to stay out by extending Unemployment benefits across the board. Failing to sign on to the President commission for tax reform and long term budget reform that would stop monetizing our debt, punish me for saving and incentivize me to take on debt that I might not be able to afford. Creating future uncertainty that is creating economic drag, reducing my income now and in the future and general opportunity for me, my family and my neighbors.

Supporting and extending the reach of Federal power by expanding and extending the Patriot act that allows US citizens to be targeted and killed through Presidential fiat.

The continued support for the disintegration of the nuclear family that has extended the cradle to grave institutionalization of large portions of my fellow citizens all of whom I will support either directly through tax dollars or indirectly through inflation and economic drag.

The continued demagoguery of class warfare at the expense of real opportunity for more Americans. A destructive answer to failed government policy of redistribution for the sake of building political alliances.

Not saying the other side is better but Obama has been a highly destructive President. And still I might vote for him because the reality is, it's still a choice between two people and just because one is destructive doesn't mean the other side isn't more destructive.[/QUOTE]

You forgot the 6 Trillion in new debt over 4 years which totals a whopping $17,142 bill per man woman and child in the USA.

Blocking new drilling on the Gulf and in Alaska which alongside the EPA push to shut down coal fired power plants will and is driving up the cost of energy to middle and low income Americans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4438492]What has the current Administration done to screw you?[/QUOTE]

Obama has raised taxes and has endangered our country's security by taking our soldiers out of Iraq.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4438568]You forgot the 6 Trillion in new debt over 4 years which totals a whopping $17,142 bill per man woman and child in the USA.

Blocking new drilling on the Gulf and in Alaska which alongside the EPA push to shut down coal fired power plants will and is driving up the cost of energy to middle and low income Americans.[/QUOTE]

It amazes me how these liberals think Obama raising taxes will cut the deficit. We need to reimpose the Bush tax cuts and strengthen the private sector while cutting the size of government. A stronger private sector and smaller government will end the national debt. Bush had us on this path but Obama repealed the tax cuts that helped grow our economy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4441350]Obama has raised taxes and has endangered our country's security by taking our soldiers out of Iraq.[/QUOTE]

How has taking soldiers out of Iraq endangered our security?

was the GOP in favor of leaving them there?

In what other countries should we have troops to ensure our security?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4441467]How has taking soldiers out of Iraq endangered our security?

was the GOP in favor of leaving them there?

In what other countries should we have troops to ensure our security?[/QUOTE]

Al Queda and the terrorists were in Iraq. Even if as a liberal you don't think Saddam Hussein had WMD's and terrorists weren't in Iraq, they are there now and we were fighting them over there instead of fighting them over here.

Some members of the GOP may have been converted into surrender-monkeys thanks to the media turning the country's opinion against the war but that doesn't change what is actually going on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your fellow rightwingers must love your willful blindness.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4441483]Al Queda and the terrorists were in Iraq. Even if as a liberal you don't think Saddam Hussein had WMD's and terrorists weren't in Iraq, they are there now and we were fighting them over there instead of fighting them over here.

Some members of the GOP may have been converted into surrender-monkeys thanks to the media turning the country's opinion against the war but that doesn't change what is actually going on.[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4441483]Al Queda and the terrorists were in Iraq. Even if as a liberal you don't think Saddam Hussein had WMD's and terrorists weren't in Iraq, they are there now and we were fighting them over there instead of fighting them over here.

Some members of the GOP may have been converted into surrender-monkeys thanks to the media turning the country's opinion against the war but that doesn't change what is actually going on.[/QUOTE]

so the media convinced them? Wow, then they shouldn't be in position of power if they are that weak.

Just to be clear, you think American soldiers should STILL be in Iraq?Dan d doing what exactly?

Now that we are not fighting them there, where exactly HERE are we fighting them? have they invaded Ohio? Did I miss something? :confused:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4441483]Al Queda and the terrorists were in Iraq. Even if as a liberal you don't think Saddam Hussein had WMD's and terrorists weren't in Iraq, they are there now and we were fighting them over there instead of fighting them over here.[/QUOTE]

The terrorists lived in Saudi Arabia.

Are you 6?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, My fellow American. He spent to much money just like the last and the one before and is the country any better? My POV really not!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4441352]It amazes me how these liberals think Obama raising taxes will cut the deficit. We need to reimpose the Bush tax cuts and strengthen the private sector while cutting the size of government. A stronger private sector and smaller government will end the national debt. Bush had us on this path but Obama repealed the tax cuts that helped grow our economy.[/QUOTE]

Will not vote for obama no matter what but he continued the Bush (who I think is the most moronic POTUS in my life time) and followed Bush policy re: Irag.

Still, Obama is a complete fraud.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4441352]It amazes me how these liberals think Obama raising taxes will cut the deficit. We need to reimpose the Bush tax cuts and strengthen the private sector while cutting the size of government. A stronger private sector and smaller government will end the national debt. Bush had us on this path but Obama repealed the tax cuts that helped grow our economy.[/QUOTE]

The Bush tax cuts are still in effect as Obama atcually extended them in 2010 to get a 2% tax decrease for every working american with the payroll tax reduction.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4441594]The Bush tax cuts are still in effect as Obama atcually extended them in 2010 to get a 2% tax decrease for every working american with the payroll tax reduction.....[/QUOTE]

Which cripples Social Security even more. I thought saving SS was on the top of the list for the Democrats and the Pubs that went along.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4441705]Which cripples Social Security even more. I thought saving SS was on the top of the list for the Democrats and the Pubs that went along.[/QUOTE]

It does not cripple the Social Security fund at all, the monies will be returned to the SS trust fund from the general treasury fund....It is paid for unlike the Bush tax cuts......

Much of it will be paid for by higher Pension contibutions to future Federal employees and those having less than 5 years of Federal service....

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4441350]Obama has raised taxes and has endangered our country's security by taking our soldiers out of Iraq.[/QUOTE]

President Obama has cut taxes.
    1/3 of the stimulus package was tax cuts.
    He also extended the Bush tax cut.