Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Schedule is Out. Any Road Trips for You?

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4437983][B]Jax in early Dec is a no brainer.[/B]

Nice weather in a fun city with inexpensive airfare and lodging with easy to get cheap seats (although being in Tebow country that may change).

The last time we did a group trip down there (I think it was in '99 or '00) we all had a blast. Top 3 Jets roadtrips of all time. Almost had to fish a drunken Shakin out of the pool. lol

[B]Seattle is intriguing.[/B] I have a great friend that lives there that has always asked me to come out and although it may be a bit pricey, should be a great NFL experience.

No other road trips really interest me although the finale in Buffalo should be an instant sellout.[/QUOTE]

Seattle airfare is $400 right now... Thinking about doing that one, although if there is a group heading to JAX that could be a option.

[QUOTE=jetman67;4438029]For Seattle, I was quoted a group rate at $55 per ticket plus tax. I am working with other Jet fans here on putting together a top quality tailgate.

One of the best things about football in Seattle, is the stadium is Family Friendly. Shouting F-Bombs can and will get one thrown out.

The 12th Man is pretty much a friendly fan base, so you can count on being able to enjoy a game.[/QUOTE]

How is the tailgating out there? Would I be able to fly some flags in the lot?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Road Trips to St. Louis and Tenn may be in the cards for me....easy 4-5 hour drive from Indianapolis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=CMEC;4438073][QUOTE=Limolady;4437881]

Limo, I bought my tickets off of EBay a couple of weeks ago. I was able to find some lower level sideline tickets for a good price. You should be able to find some on EBay/Stubhub or you could wait till the Jaguars start selling them through Ticketmaster for Face value. Face value for lower level sideline Jaguars tickets between the 20 are around $100 a ticket.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the 411 CMEC. I'll try both sites & I'm definitely in for the Jax game. Ryan vs Schotty Bowl in St. Louis should be fun too.

Much appreciated. :cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4438227]How is the tailgating out there? Would I be able to fly some flags in the lot?[/QUOTE]

Thats the real trick. I am working on a few locations. Most years, I could have gotten a pass for the North Lot, but thats not happening this year since the Seahawks sold a big part where condos are being built.

We will probably be on the other side of Safeco field which is right next to Century Link.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4438211]I just booked the Pats opener @ Tenn.

For those of you who have never been, Nashville is a great town. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Sure is, especially if you're a music fan.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Seattle is the only remotely interesting away game to me. Annoyed that they switched it with Arizona. It will all be for naught when the Rams are back in LA.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4437871]Jacksonville in early December is not bad. Can hit up Sawgrass for a couple rounds that weekend.:D[/QUOTE]

Good idea...I'm adding Jax to the list too.

Thanks!!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4438824]Seattle is the only remotely interesting away game to me. Annoyed that they switched it with Arizona. It will all be for naught when the Rams are back in LA.[/QUOTE]

Do you know why they switched it?

Seems odd we're playing the Cards at home and the Seahawks on the road again instead of switching it up like the schedule usually does.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4437871]Jacksonville in early December is not bad. Can hit up Sawgrass for a couple rounds that weekend.:D[/QUOTE]

Last trip to Jax 2 months ago, I played TPC Sawgrass & Ponte Vedra.
    it was a dream weekend for me...great golf!

Hall Of Fame
    i'm planning on ...

- seattle
    - jax.
    - tenn.

.... so you guys better behave ;)

cheers ~ ~
    :beers:

Hall Of Fame
    saw this :

~ ~ " . . . Is it a coincidence that the Jets are back-loaded with prime-time games and a game at Jacksonville in the final six weeks of the season?

That's when Tebow -- if he's going to do it -- would be more likely to have overtaken Mark Sanchez as starting quarterback as opposed to the first half of the year. . . "

rest of article :

> [url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/04/jets_hot_topic_what_are_the_th.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kelly;4438989]i'm planning on ...

- seattle
    - jax.
    - tenn.

.... so you guys better behave ;)

cheers ~ ~
    :beers:[/QUOTE]

Seattle is a family friendly stadium. They throw fans out for shouting F-Bombs. Most local fans are cool and you may even get a complimentary high five when the Jets Score.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=jetman67;4439030]you may even get a complimentary high five when the Jets Score.[/QUOTE]

That's where friendly turns into teh ghey.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=IndianaJet;4438242]Road Trips to St. Louis and Tenn may be in the cards for me....easy 4-5 hour drive from Indianapolis.[/QUOTE]

Those are the two games I am looking at -- relatively easy trips for those of us in the midwest.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I work for Edward Jones, so I'm going to see if the company big wigs can hook me up for the St. Louis game. Just emailed my boss this afternoon...crossing my fingers.

[QUOTE=Irish Pride;4439151]I work for Edward Jones, so I'm going to see if the company big wigs can hook me up for the St. Louis game. Just emailed my boss this afternoon...crossing my fingers.[/QUOTE]

GUARANTEED that Edward Jones Co has a SUPERBOX in St Louis. They are major advertiser there. Tell 'em you got serious clients who wanna fly in for the game & you need 12 tix in the Superbox (inc all the food we can eat). SARsie will e-mail over his financial statement, and they will be BIG-TIME impressed with you & give you the tix no problem...we're in!:P

I'm considering Buffalo on the last week of the season. Gonna be cooolllldddd.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm down for for jax. Are we doing group seating or spreading out for the game

I could be talked into Seattle

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;4439223]GUARANTEED that Edward Jones Co has a SUPERBOX in St Louis. They are major advertiser there. Tell 'em you got serious clients who wanna fly in for the game & you need 12 tix in the Superbox (inc all the food we can eat). SARsie will e-mail over his financial statement, and they will be BIG-TIME impressed with you & give you the tix no problem...we're in!:P[/QUOTE]

I'll see what I can do :)