View Poll Results: What should be the disposition of the "Jacksonville Sharks" thread?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the thread here. It's awesome.

    5 35.71%
  • Move the thread to the Garbage Dump.

    8 57.14%
  • Lock the thread.

    1 7.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Disposition of the "Jacksonville Sharks" Thread

  1. #21
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    This.

    When scrolling through the main page of forums, nobody is going to enter if that thread is the last discussed...

    Sticky the ****ing thing. Problem solved for all parties...
    That's fine with me.

    As for the posters (not mods) saying it's okay/what's the big deal, I rarely see you post in any of the threads in this forum, so why would you even bother posting an opinion on this?

    When I'm on the main page, I always look at the header thread on this forum to see if there's a new post. When that cluster**** thread is there, it's an annoyance. For those of you who think it's okay, do this. Go to the thread and look at the posts from page 1 to the end. There is not ONE single post relating to the Sharks from anyone except JR. If the forums were set up like they used to be, I wouldn't care. Because I could see the latest hockey post or the latest basketball post whenever I wanted. But now that it's all been combined, I'm subjected to this crap about a team that 1) doesn't play in NY and 2) no one else posts about or cares about. If there were a couple of other posters who legitimately participated in that thread, I would suck it up and not say anything. But that's NOT the case here.

    What's almost as annoying as his thread is someone coming into this one and saying it's okay when they hardly post in this forum anyway. Seriously.

  2. #22
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    "Affect you like the rest of us"

    Are you serious man, its one thread, don't click on it. It is not like he is littering the forum with a million jax sharks threads. If he was that would be different. I also LOL at the exaggeration of "affecting us". Its an internet forum bro, if this affects you in any way, I would get off the net.

    I have sigs and avatars turned off (makes for easier and SFW browsing), so I am unaware of his signature.

    And for the record, I have no real desire to be a mod.
    LOL. So shortly after I call you out for hardly posting in the Knicks thread, you throw up a post.

    ****ing typical.

    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Its a simple as that.

    The sharks thread is useless, but this one even more
    How often do you post in this forum?

    Hardly ever?

    So why is it important for you to express an opinion on something that doesn't affect you?

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like
    why don't you watch a game and then you can post in the thread

  4. #24
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josereyessteal View Post
    why don't you watch a game and then you can post in the thread
    Same reason you don't have a girlfriend.

    I'm not interested in the subject matter.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Same reason you don't have a girlfriend.

    I'm not interested in the subject matter.
    wow....you don't know me in real life

    plus the sharks have a player who was on the jets IN THE REGULAR SEASON last year even ended the jets season on IR
    Last edited by josereyessteal; 04-19-2012 at 02:04 PM.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL. So shortly after I call you out for hardly posting in the Knicks thread, you throw up a post.

    ****ing typical.



    How often do you post in this forum?

    Hardly ever?

    So why is it important for you to express an opinion on something that doesn't affect you?
    I have been posting in the Knicks thread since Linsanity, sorry if it affected you

  7. #27
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I have been posting in the Knicks thread since Linsanity, sorry if it affected you
    Sorry. I didn't realize you were so hardcore and had been posting that long.

    I've only been posting regularly in the hockey threads for 8 years.

    It amazes me that someone who has had as many screennames and as had as many bannings as JR has, is allowed to continue to troll and present an annoyance to those of us who visit this forum regularly.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Sorry. I didn't realize you were so hardcore and had been posting that long.

    I've only been posting regularly in the hockey threads for 8 years.

    It amazes me that someone who has had as many screennames and as had as many bannings as JR has, is allowed to continue to troll and present an annoyance to those of us who visit this forum regularly.
    Overall I agree with you, but that thread would just be a conversation between himself without you guys. I don't see the harm. If you and JT want to make a big deal about it, that's fine. It actually makes for a really entertaining thread for the rest of us.

  9. #29
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its been stickied.

    Everyone happy?

  10. #30
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Overall I agree with you, but that thread would just be a conversation between himself without you guys. I don't see the harm. If you and JT want to make a big deal about it, that's fine. It actually makes for a really entertaining thread for the rest of us.
    Entertaining in what way? Because JT and I and others post disparaging things in there? So maybe it should be moved to the hanger where everyone can have fun with it. How about that?

    The point is, the self-indulgent conversation annoys others.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Entertaining in what way? Because JT and I and others post disparaging things in there? So maybe it should be moved to the hanger where everyone can have fun with it. How about that?

    The point is, the self-indulgent conversation annoys others.
    I find it very entertaining that two full grown capable adults are obsessed with arguing with a kid who clearly isn't all there.

    Maybe I'm weird, I don't know.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 04-19-2012 at 02:38 PM.

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    The Pierview Middle School modified team also plays football, but there is no thread about them.

    Why?

    Because nobody gives a f--k.

    If there were a New York related Arena team, it would be almost forgivable. But nobody gives two s--ts about the Jacksonville Sharks. You are the only one.

    Dump the thread, all it does is keep new posts in the Rangers/Knicks/Devils thread from being visible on the main page.

    i wish they were a new york arena team i will give you that

    BUT the sharks are the first of MY Teams to give me championship gear in my life (jets mets when new york had an arena team) i will always respect that for them
    they may be 1-3 this year but they are still fighting

    maybe watch a game sometime and then you will respect the sport

    FOR A SPORT THAT'S BEEN AROUND 25 YEARS ...THE AFL IS THE ONLY MINOR LEAGUE FOOTBALL LEAGUE

    THE JETS HAD A PLAYER WHO WAS ON THE SHARKS NOW LAST YEAR HE ENDED THE YEAR ON IR.I WISH HE WAS BACK WITH THE JETS BUT HE'S NOT

    it gets me past the nfl offseason and keeps me in the football mood when the jets come back

    give it a chance people


    and WHO CARES IF I AM JR I AM NOT THE SAME PERSON NOW I WAS 6 YEARS BACK

    SO GIVE IT A REST PEOPLE
    Last edited by josereyessteal; 04-19-2012 at 02:53 PM.

  13. #33
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josereyessteal View Post
    i wish they were a new york arena team i will give you that

    BUT the sharks are the first of MY Teams to give me championship gear in my life (jets mets when new york had an arena team) i will always respect that for them
    they may be 1-3 this year but they are still fighting

    maybe watch a game sometime and then you will respect the sport

    after nfl mlb nba nhl nba FOR A SPORT THAT'S BEEN AROUND 25 YEARS ...THE AFL IS THE ONLY MINOR LEAGUE FOOTBALL LEAGUE

    it gets me past the nfl offseason and keeps me in the football mood when the jets come back

    give it a chance people


    and WHO CARES IF I AM JR I AM NOT THE SAME PERSON NOW I WAS 6 YEARS BACK

    SO GIVE IT A REST PEOPLE
    Quit while you're ahead, muffin top.

  14. #34
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Quit while you're ahead, muffin top.
    Actually, he's not ahead.

    Majority want dump, lock or sticky. So far.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Its been stickied.

    Everyone happy?

  16. #36
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josereyessteal View Post
    and WHO CARES IF I AM JR I AM NOT THE SAME PERSON NOW I WAS 6 YEARS BACK
    Agreed.

    You have pubic hair now.

  17. #37
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Its been stickied.

    Everyone happy?
    Wow I missed this quiet little post.

    Thank you crash.

    You are definitely my favorite Islander fan.

  18. #38
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we please lock this thread?

    I'm afraid it might be used now as the new "dumping ground" for Sharks news.

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Agreed.

    You have pubic hair now.
    you are SO funny

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    josereyessteal, how exactly did you become a jax sharks fan?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us