View Poll Results: What should be the disposition of the "Jacksonville Sharks" thread?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the thread here. It's awesome.

5 35.71%
  • Move the thread to the Garbage Dump.

8 57.14%
  • Lock the thread.

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disposition of the "Jacksonville Sharks" Thread

Jets Insider VIP

Disposition of the "Jacksonville Sharks" Thread

I would like to use this thread/poll as a petition to submit to the Mods and, ultimately, the Board Administrator, to guage the overall interest in and viabilty of the "Jacksonville Sharks" thread.

Primarily, this is based on numerous comments from a large number of posters indicating that this thread poses a nuisance to those of us who enjoy talking about basketball and hockey and that the thread in question basically amounts to "spam." As no one is interested in its contents, with the exception of the thread's author.

Poll to follow.
    Last edited by Jordy; 04-18-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dump already. It's time boy-man jr128 knocked off his self-indulgent crap.

Jordy for Mod.

Bewildered Beast
    Jezuz it's cold in here.

What's the commotion?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Jezuz it's cold in here.

What's the commotion?
    jordy thinks the Mods suck.

Lock or dump, doesn't matter to me. As long as it stops popping up at the top of this forum.

Jets Insider VIP
    Honestly, you and Jets Things biotching about it is almost as pathetic as jetsrules.

You guys do realize you are arguing with a special needs person right?

THIS IS A FOOTBALL MB

THE SHARKS ARE FOOTBALL

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE PEOPLE

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    jordy thinks the Mods suck.
    I took the freight elevator to hear this? Look, we put the kid in his own bubble. Not our fault he wants to play with the Big Boys.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by josereyessteal View Post
    THIS IS A FOOTBALL MB

THE SHARKS ARE FOOTBALL

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE PEOPLE
    The Pierview Middle School modified team also plays football, but there is no thread about them.

Why?

Because nobody gives a f--k.

If there were a New York related Arena team, it would be almost forgivable. But nobody gives two s--ts about the Jacksonville Sharks. You are the only one.

Dump the thread, all it does is keep new posts in the Rangers/Knicks/Devils thread from being visible on the main page.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    The Pierview Middle School modified team also plays football, but there is no thread about them.

Why?

Because nobody gives a f--k.

If there were a New York related Arena team, it would be almost forgivable. But nobody gives two s--ts about the Jacksonville Sharks. You are the only one.

Dump the thread, all it does is keep new posts in the Rangers/Knicks/Devils thread from being visible on the main page.
    This 100%.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Honestly, you and Jets Things biotching about it is almost as pathetic as jetsrules.

You guys do realize you are arguing with a special needs person right?
    How many times do you post in this forum? Less than a handful of posts in the Knicks thread?

In other words, it doesn't affect you like the rest of us.

Austin's post sums it up for those of us who spend the most time in this forum.

And since you obviously like to audition on a daily basis as a mod, why don't you comment on his oversized signature picture that takes up the space of half a page?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Am I missing something here? Its one thread. How hard is it to avoid looking at one thread? When it was the entire first page, I could understand the frustration. But, as far as I know, there haven't been any new threads created.

So what's the problem?

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    How many times do you post in this forum? Less than a handful of posts in the Knicks thread?

And since you obviously like to audition on a daily basis as a mod, why don't you comment on his oversized signature picture that takes up the space of half a page?
    So the fact is that the Sharks thread obscures Knicks threads, and therefore the traffic to this forum is limited?

I will definitely bring this up.

I say make it a sticky!

All Pro
    I crack up at JetsRule every time he posts. I think hes a master troll. If hes the real deal....well thatd be different.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

"Affect you like the rest of us"

Are you serious man, its one thread, don't click on it. It is not like he is littering the forum with a million jax sharks threads. If he was that would be different. I also LOL at the exaggeration of "affecting us". Its an internet forum bro, if this affects you in any way, I would get off the net.

I have sigs and avatars turned off (makes for easier and SFW browsing), so I am unaware of his signature.

And for the record, I have no real desire to be a mod.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 04-19-2012 at 11:49 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    "Affect you like the rest of us"

Are you serious man, its one thread, don't click on it. It is not like he is littering the forum with a million jax sharks threads. If he was that would be different. I also LOL at the exaggeration of "affecting us". Its an internet forum bro, if this affects you in any way, I would get off the net.

I have sigs and avatars turned off (makes for easier and SFW browsing), so I am unaware of his signature.

And for the record, I have no real desire to be a mod.
    Its a simple as that.

The sharks thread is useless, but this one even more

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Am I missing something here? Its one thread. How hard is it to avoid looking at one thread? When it was the entire first page, I could understand the frustration. But, as far as I know, there haven't been any new threads created.

So what's the problem?
    thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    So the fact is that the Sharks thread obscures Knicks threads, and therefore the traffic to this forum is limited?

I will definitely bring this up.
    This.

When scrolling through the main page of forums, nobody is going to enter if that thread is the last discussed...

Sticky the ****ing thing. Problem solved for all parties...