Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who remembers the Etan Patz disappearance in NYC?

Who remembers the Etan Patz disappearance in NYC?

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fbi-agents-search-manhattan-apartment-remains-etan-patz-article-1.1064138[/url]

[url]http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/19/11286057-fbi-nypd-resume-search-for-etan-patz-who-went-missing-in-1979?lite[/url]
    Last edited by GMCJETS; 04-19-2012 at 03:11 PM.

...walk by his bldg everyday...#1 suspect is the babysiters pedophile boyfriend...now they are looking at someone else??...
    Last edited by 2foolish197; 04-19-2012 at 03:23 PM.

I do. I was 11 at the time.

Just read about it earlier. Interesting to see what the next steps are.

Hall Of Fame
    I worked for the family's lawyer when Ramos was found responsible in 2004. That was one effed up deposition I read.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I don't think anyone familiar with the story will forget that kid's face or the horror those parents must have experienced.

[QUOTE=2foolish197;4439782]...walk by his bldg everyday...#1 suspect is the babysiters pedophile boyfriend...now they are looking at someone else??...[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they're not looking at another suspect, just trying to find the remains.

I was the same age as him in '79 (6) so all i know is what Ive read as an adult, but I have to say, i cant imagine letting a 6 yr old walk to the bus alone.

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4439838]Sounds like they're not looking at another suspect, just trying to find the remains.

I was the same age as him in '79 (6) so all i know is what Ive read as an adult, but I have to say, i cant imagine letting a 6 yr old walk to the bus alone.[/QUOTE]

I remember the case well. I was 16 at the time. I believe it was his first solo walk to the bus stop. I remember how the parents seem to get old right in front of us.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;4439822]I don't think anyone familiar with the story will forget that kid's face or the horror those parents must have experienced.[/QUOTE]

+1....

Or, Lisa Steinberg...that poor little girls face still haunts me.

If anyone remembers Andre Rand, the SI "Cropsey"... years after his last victim disappeared we had to do a similar excavation on SI in the yard of a rooming house Rand once stayed at, complete with a backhoe, Forensic anthropologist etc. We found alot of animal bones but no human remains.

This guy was caught with kids numerous times before he finally killed.... and really should have never seen the light of day after his first arrest.

A true, legit, monster.

:(

-

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4439897]+1....

If anyone remembers Andre Rand, the SI "Cropsey"... years after his last victim disappeared we had to do a similar excavation on SI in the yard of a rooming house Rand once stayed at, complete with a backhoe, Forensic anthropologist etc. We found alot of animal bones but no human remains.

This guy was caught with kids numerous times before he finally killed.... and really should have never seen the light of day after his first arrest.

A true, legit, monster.

-[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember watching that special a year or so ago. Really freaky stuff, I think there was a thread on it back then.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=jetswin;4439822]I don't think anyone familiar with the story will forget that kid's face or the horror those parents must have experienced.[/QUOTE]

I was too young to remember the story but just reading about it gives me that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach.

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4439838]Sounds like they're not looking at another suspect, just trying to find the remains.

I was the same age as him in '79 (6) so all i know is what Ive read as an adult, but I have to say, i cant imagine letting a 6 yr old walk to the bus alone.[/QUOTE]..it was different back then...i walked to school by myself in first grade...

The neighborhood is packed with news media and onlookers just saw it on the news. The family needs closure.

Joel Steinback used to bank at Chemical Bank (back in the Manni/Hanny/Chemical bank days) long before Chase. My wife opened and account for him once, he was filthy dirty and pretty scarry looking and he had his wife with him who he used as a punching bank. He creeped out and scared whole bank. This was well before he became famous for being a scumbag. On a related note I once met Joey Buttafucco at a house party once before he became famous, snake skin boots and all and the most famous person I ever met before he was famous was when I was 19 Bruce Willis served me a few beers when he bartended at China Club right before he landed moonlighing.

On a side not Son of Sam and Joel Steinback once got into a fist fight over who was the biggest infamous killer while in jail. I would have paid to see that.

A true, legit, monster.

-[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=2foolish197;4439916]..it was different back then...i walked to school by myself in first grade...[/QUOTE]

It was different because we as a society had not come to grips with the fact that the world is crawling with monsters yet;

There are so many unsolved cases of missing kids pre-dating the "helicoptor parents" era it boggles the mind.

There are very few pure stranger abductions now because parents are more aware; These predators are essentially cowards who would wait patiently for years until they had an opportunity at a completely vulnerable kid...

The parents were not worse then, the awareness was lacking.

Much like car seats, seatbelts etc.

-

-
    Last edited by 32green; 04-19-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4439961]It was different because we as a society had not come to grips with the fact that the world is crawling with monsters yet;

There are so many unsolved cases of missing kids pre-dating the "helicoptor parents" era is boggles the mind.

There are very few pure stranger abductions now because parents are more aware; These predators are essentially cowards who would wait patiently for years until they had an opportunity at a completely vulnerable kid...

The parents were not worse then, the awareness was lacking.

Much like car seats, seatbelts etc.

-

-[/QUOTE]

+1

Also, the internet and the ability to instantly known about news anywhere definitely makes the world seem like a sicker place, when in reality it is probably the exactly same as when you old turds were my age.

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4439816]I worked for the family's lawyer when Ramos was found responsible in 2004. That was one effed up deposition I read.[/QUOTE]...didn't he admit to abducting the Etan...?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4439968]when in reality it is probably the exactly same as when you old turds were my age.[/QUOTE]

You would have been safe anyhoo, even serial killers have [I]some[/I] standards.

They would have been like "Jeebus kid...go home already. Blech pitooey"

That sort of thing with wretching.

:dunno:

:D
    Last edited by 32green; 04-19-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Jets Insider VIP

A true, legit, monster.

-[/QUOTE]

This and the Patz case had us terrified as kids.

True monsters, the lot of these guys. No amount of incarceration or rehabilitation can ever stop them from their predilection for preying on children. Shoot them all in the head and be done with it already.

reminds me of a random, funny but tasteless event from circa 1996

i was flounder fishing with my buddies on the south sure. hell yeah we were drunk. my buddy hooked something heavy but it didnt fight. as he was pulling this up he kept saying " what the f is this.....what the f is this ?" and then when it was a trailer tire he said "i though it was eton pace for a minute...."